Immigration

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by TheCatt »

That may 2019 is ostensibly cherry picked?

Or that apprehensions being down may be a bad thing?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by Leisher »

Both right?

That graph doesn't support his point at all, and in fact, counters it.

Doesn't he have a staff that should have told him?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:29 am Both right?

That graph doesn't support his point at all, and in fact, counters it.

Doesn't he have a staff that should have told him?
I think the graph does nothing for his point. In theory, all other things being equal, he is right that it could be indicative of fewer border crossings. But we have no idea if all other things are equal, so it's meaningless.
Leisher
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by Leisher »

A reminder to those who think the U.S. is "cruel" to people illegally trying to cross our border: Other countries tend to handle illegals a bit harsher.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by Leisher »

Racist or right?

I'm saying a bit of both. Definitely some "you people" in there, but I think his point is right and applies even to Americans moving from state to state.

"I'm moving out of this shithole to a better place, and as soon as I get there, I'm going to vote into power the same assholes that ran my last state into the ground forcing me to move."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:48 pm Racist or right?

I'm saying a bit of both. Definitely some "you people" in there, but I think his point is right and applies even to Americans moving from state to state.

"I'm moving out of this shithole to a better place, and as soon as I get there, I'm going to vote into power the same assholes that ran my last state into the ground forcing me to move."
I'm going with racist.
Leisher
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:59 pm I'm going with racist.
I'm quite certain of that part, but prove his point wrong.
Leisher
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by Leisher »

Smuggler with ISIS ties has been sneaking people across the US-Mexico border.

You know what probably hasn't helped keep people like this out?

Intentionally destroying Trump's dumb wall, suing to have Arizona remove their cargo container barriers, suing to stop Texas from trying to fortify their border, and telling everyone to come on in...
Cakedaddy

Immigration

Post by Cakedaddy »

Watching a series on Paramount called Lioness. Spec Ops team doing anti terror stuff. This episode was about them taking out a group of ISIS or Al Kida (sp?) bombers that got smuggled across the boarder.
Leisher
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 4:07 amAl Kida (sp?)
I believe it's Al Qaeda.
Leisher
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by TheCatt »

But that was before the dawn of the "super-peso," as the Mexican currency has been dubbed since steadily gaining 18% on the dollar during the last 12 months
I was completely unaware of this.
The Bank of Mexico's benchmark interest rate of 11.25% is more than double the U.S. Federal Reserve target — a disparity that has drawn international investors hunting yields in pesos and peso-denominated bonds. The surging tide of remittances from the United States has also played a role in driving up the peso.
huh. That's a crazy good rate against a backdrop or 5% inflation.
Leisher
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by Leisher »

Kind of been amazing to watch politicians completely change their stance on immigration during the current immigration crisis. Considering Latino cultures aren't exactly a slam dunk vote for Ds, and in fact, have voted R heavily in some elections, I suspect the D party will completely change their platform on immigration.

I wouldn't hold it against them in the slightest. Helping immigrants "feels right", but in reality, you can't just open the door to everyone that wants to come in. It's not sustainable, and it's going to have bad results. Ask Sweden.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by TheCatt »

Letting everyone in doesn't make sense, and never has. Which is probably why we don't do it.

But we're still letting in too many.
Leisher
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by Leisher »

Who had the Biden administration is waving regulations to build walls immediately on the border on their bingo card?

(Sorry for the link. For some reason CNN has no story on this. I searched their entire front page top to bottom. Nothing even about the crisis at the border. Weird...)
TheCatt
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 12:08 am Who had the Biden administration is waving regulations to build walls immediately on the border on their bingo card?

(Sorry for the link. For some reason CNN has no story on this. I searched their entire front page top to bottom. Nothing even about the crisis at the border. Weird...)
I read it on CNN last night, between 9pm and 10pm here's their story: https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/05/politics ... index.html
GORDON
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by GORDON »

Goddam Trump. People can't be illegal.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:26 am
Leisher wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 12:08 am Who had the Biden administration is waving regulations to build walls immediately on the border on their bingo card?

I read it on CNN last night, between 9pm and 10pm here's their story: https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/05/politics ... index.html
Great. Amazing how quickly it disappeared. A month ago they had a whole section devoted to the poor migrants and "asylum seekers" at the border, and how Biden was doing such a good thing getting rid of evil Trump's wall and yada yada yada. Now that section is gone and CNN might put up a story, then have it disappear from the front page rapidly. (Which is a tactic that they have admitted they use. See the CNN producer caught on hidden camera from a few years ago.)

But hey, our MSM being nothing more than propaganda outlets aside, can we talk about how much political rhetoric we heard about these evil border walls, and four years of the left absolutely mocking "Trump's wall" and the very concept of it? Then the Biden administration spent actual taxpayer money tearing down some of the wall, welded openings into it, sued Texas to removed barriers, and sued Arizona to remove their makeshift storage container walls, etc. Now that they're realizing their policies are dogshit and making enemies out of mayors in their strongholds like Chicago and New York, they're backtracking hard, but nobody in the MSM is calling them on it.

The sheer incompetence on display is amazing. The job of the federal government is to secure the borders. Suing states to remove barriers for an army of illegal immigrants to cross the border is treasonous. They don't give two fucks about these people. They just want their cheap labor and eventual votes. The only thing worse than the terrible job the government is doing at the border might be the constant defense of it by their cultists. They have absolutely no shame in tweeting out shit that is 180 degrees from what they were saying under Trump and even a few months ago, and vice versa.
GORDON
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:45 am But hey, our MSM being nothing more than propaganda outlets aside, can we talk about how much political rhetoric we heard about these evil border walls, and four years of the left absolutely mocking "Trump's wall" and the very concept of it? Then the Biden administration spent actual taxpayer money tearing down some of the wall, welded openings into it, sued Texas to removed barriers, and sued Arizona to remove their makeshift storage container walls, etc. Now that they're realizing their policies are dogshit and making enemies out of mayors in their strongholds like Chicago and New York, they're backtracking hard, but nobody in the MSM is calling them on it.
OMG DID YOU HEAR TRUMP IS SPLITTING UP FAMILIES AND PUTTING CHILDREN IN CAGES????/!/?//???
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Immigration

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:45 am Great. Amazing how quickly it disappeared.
it was still there this morning.

Heck, it's still there: