Keanu

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Keanu

Post by Leisher »

Key and Peele star as a heartbroken dude and a suburban dad who loves George Michael. When Peele's kitten gets stolen Key joins him in a hunt to recover him from the seedier elements of society. A far fetched and dumb plot, but that's kind of the point.

The weakest part of the story actually ends up being the mistaken identity. Not so much what it leads to, because it really drives the story, but because the payoff is weak.

Key and Peele are pretty funny, and everyone else is basically playing it straight. That really works. There are some legit laugh out loud moments and some things that swing and miss. I was entertained. Not one I'll buy or go out of my way to see again, but glad I watched it once.

Some good cameos too, including the one you expect, but not how you expect it...

Don't watch it with the kids mainly due to language.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Re: Keanu

Post by GORDON »

That's funny I just watched this last night.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

The George Michael gag is pretty funny though.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Also I said "Wordness to the turdness" in conversation, today.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote:The George Michael gag is pretty funny though.
Best joke in the movie.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Keanu

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Keanu

Post by GORDON »

Even if he's out of the loop of internet culture, his agent or editor should have told him Keanu is beloved and not the man with whom to fuck.
Leisher
Site Admin

Keanu

Post by Leisher »

Keanu and rarely seen GF.

Keanu looks to be genuinely in love with her.

Has there ever been anyone more famous and rich who just goes about life in such a mild mannered, meek way than Keanu?

If Defending Your Life is really how the afterlife works, this is definitely his last life here. (If you haven't seen that movie, you should.)
TheCatt
Site Admin

Keanu

Post by TheCatt »

No, and thank God for him.
It's not me, it's someone else.