Amazon

Leisher
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by Leisher »

Based on this thread, all of them.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:13 am Based on this thread, all of them.
A package of mine was supposed to be delivered today. It's now rescheduled for tomorrow... so yeah...
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by GORDON »

Drove to/from Chicago yesterday.

Typical highway driving. 100% of the slowdowns caused by trucks.

90% of which were amazon trucks.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:30 am Drove to/from Chicago yesterday.

Typical highway driving. 100% of the slowdowns caused by trucks.

90% of which were amazon trucks.
At least they are taking traffic off your local roads from people not going to stores any more?
GORDON
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by GORDON »

Was weird, a few days ago the turnpike was closed to "high profile vehicles," as the wind was knocking them over. I saw 4 or 5 that were still on their sides, off the road.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:13 pm Was weird, a few days ago the turnpike was closed to "high profile vehicles," as the wind was knocking them over. I saw 4 or 5 that were still on their sides, off the road.
Awww, always cute to see animals napping in nature.
Leisher
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by GORDON »

I've been a Prime member forever. Use the "free" shipping frequently, and use the video service not infrequently.

The other day when launching the app I get the message "Nice streaming service you got there. Be a shame if you don't start paying $3 extra per month and get commercials."

Well I didn't upgrade, and just now started watching the TV show Northern Exposure, and there were 5 15-30 second commercials spread throughout, all for the movie "Lisa Frankenstein." I am now very aware that there's a movie coming out called Lisa Frankenstein.

Anyway, I just cancelled my annually renewing Prime membership. Expires in May. We'll see if they come at me with a better offer before renewal time.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by TheCatt »

Guess it's time to plex the Amazon stuff
GORDON
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by GORDON »

Northern Exposure, please and thank you.
GORDON
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by GORDON »

And WTF is up with shipping estimates. I just chose an item based on it would get here in two days, went through the entire checkout process, then it said "Bet, it'll be there by the 16th."

WTF.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:36 pm And WTF is up with shipping estimates. I just chose an item based on it would get here in two days, went through the entire checkout process, then it said "Bet, it'll be there by the 16th."

WTF.
Shouldn't have told them you were canceling.
GORDON
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by GORDON »

I picture having all of Amazon.com's customer support.... over every single platform.... to be a single room full of people. And the room isn't as big as we think it should be.

Imagine you were a self-publishing author, on Kindle. You make a few thousand a year, just enough to support a bohemian lifestyle.

One day Amazon says you violated terms of service, and you're hereby banned forever.

What term? They didn't tell you. And it will take you a week of trying to speak to a human, to find out. And that low-level person will only tell you yeah, you broke a rule... but not which rule. And sure, you can talk to a manager, what's your number? They'll call you back. But they never do. And your livelihood is gone, and too bad. Oh, and fuck off. Hope your mom gets cancer and has to stream TV with commercials. ~amazon

Didn't happen to me, but that's what a lot of kindle authors say happen to them, and just like that they're out of work.

Maybe time to hit walmart.com, and see how they compare as an amazon competitor.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:49 pm I picture having all of Amazon.com's customer support.... over every single platform.... to be a single room full of people. And the room isn't as big as we think it should be.
It's a room... in India. You escalate? A different "Room" in India. I managed to get an American once or twice over the past 5 years, but only through persistence.
GORDON wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:49 pm Didn't happen to me, but that's what a lot of kindle authors say happen to them, and just like that they're out of work.

Maybe time to hit walmart.com, and see how they compare as an amazon competitor.
I've liked their grocery delivery service that I've used twice now. But I cannot speak to their customer service.
GORDON
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by GORDON »

I returned a thing to walmart once, a microwave that ended up being too big for my microwave cubby.

I didn't get a smile, but I got zero hassle.
Leisher
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by Leisher »

I'm attending some conference tomorrow afternoon (only partly as I have another appointment and will leave halfway through then finish up later with post conference on demand links) that is getting me "AWS certification". This is part of Amazon's "Awsome (sic) Day" event.

My plan is coming together.

Catt's going to hire me, inevitably sexually harass me, and then it's easy street after the lawsuit! Isn't that the American Dream?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:22 pm Catt's going to hire me, inevitably sexually harass me, and then it's easy street after the lawsuit! Isn't that the American Dream?
Hmmmm. Only if there's a big golden parachute that I float away on.
Leisher wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:22 pm that is getting me "AWS certification". This is part of Amazon's "Awsome (sic) Day" event.
I have the Cloud Practitioner certification. I've been using AWS for almost 10 years. That one is like the "baby steps" one.
Leisher
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:27 pm That one is like the "baby steps" one.
I'm aware, but it doesn't matter. "AWS" goes on the skills area of the resume. :D
TheCatt wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:27 pm Hmmmm. Only if there's a big golden parachute that I float away on.
I clearly said, "inevitably". You won't be able to help yourself. You're only human.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:56 pm I clearly said, "inevitably". You won't be able to help yourself. You're only human.
It's not harassment when you enjoy it.
GORDON
Site Admin

Amazon

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:01 pm
Leisher wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:56 pm I clearly said, "inevitably". You won't be able to help yourself. You're only human.
It's not harassment when you enjoy it.
Not until women decide they need a paycheck!

Heyo.