2020 General Election Thread

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Bloomberg is trending on Twitter, and not for good things.

Apparently he defends "stop and frisk" and thinks ALL the cops should be in minority neighborhoods.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Bloomberg is trending on Twitter, and not for good things.

Apparently he defends "stop and frisk" and thinks ALL the cops should be in minority neighborhoods.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Stop & frisk is bad.

As for the other part...I mean, if there's a fire, where do you point the water?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Stop & frisk is bad.
I agree... but I felt like most of what he was saying was "go where the crime is"
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Troy might get his wish.

If it were me, I would do a "Super Tuesday" type of thing for day 1. I would also involve multiple states from across the nation so no one state dictates to the others who/what is popular.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote: Troy might get his wish.

If it were me, I would do a "Super Tuesday" type of thing for day 1. I would also involve multiple states from across the nation so no one state dictates to the others who/what is popular.
I saw on the news this AM that New Hampshire Primary is going completely back to paper today. Yes, please. I may be a internet kiddie but I'm all in on paper for voting, books, legal work product, important stuff.

Super Tuesday seems good. Generate random states after each election and have 8 super Tuesdays in a row.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Say you did a "Primary Kickoff Day" where voters from Oregon, Connecticut, Alabama, North Dakota and New Mexico all voted. This works for Rs and Ds. You want a mix of coastal and non-coastal states, plus red and blue states.

That would give the party so much more information about their candidates than doing one in Iowa, then another in New Hampshire, and so on.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Oregon, Connecticut, Alabama, North Dakota and New Mexico all voted.
You need some rust belt in there.

I wonder what the minimum # (and which) states you'd need for ideological diversity are..
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: You need some rust belt in there.
Add Michigan.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Troy

Post by Troy »

Warren supporters still living their delusion that she’s an electable candidate. A few more of these and that'll be over.
Last edited by Troy on Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Yang dropped out last night.

I wonder if we're heading for a contested DNC?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Bloomberg is trending on Twitter, and not for good things.

Trump latched onto recently released audio from 2015 of Bloomberg defending stop-and-frisk police policy, declaring on Twitter "WOW, BLOOMBERG IS A TOTAL RACIST!" despite supporting the policy himself.
Later he deleted the tweet -- "It was pretty nasty," he said, "I'm looking to bring the country together not divide it further" -- but claimed he wouldn't have apologized for stop and frisk the way Bloomberg has.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Bloomberg must have been in NC because my parents went to a rally yesterday and posted pictures on FB.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Troy wrote: Bloomberg must have been in NC because my parents went to a rally yesterday and posted pictures on FB.
Yep.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

You know who didn't like Bloomberg? New Yorkers.

I think he's Trump, but left leaning and with a better, yet still flawed, filter.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote: You know who didn't like Bloomberg? New Yorkers.
New Yorkers don't like Trump, New Yorkers don't like Bloomberg, and having worked in the city a couple times and based on all the yelling, New Yorkers don't like New Yorkers either.

so WHO do New Yorkers like?

Aaron Judge?
Derek Jeter?
Eli Manning (now that he's retired)?
Saquan Barkley?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Troy wrote: Aaron Judge?
Derek Jeter?
Eli Manning (now that he's retired)?
Saquan Barkley?
Yes.

New Yorkers are indeed an odd bunch. They loved Giuliani until he cleaned up Times Square, driving out the hookers, sex stores, and whatnot, then they turned on him. I don't know if they liked Times Square the way it was or if he drove that shit out to other areas of the city, but seems like they were right about him...and Trump.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Less talented half of Key + Peele will endorse Mayor Pete