The Democratic Party

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:42 pmgovernor
Mayor.
Marquis Muhammad, a long-time resident and business owner in San Francisco's Fillmore District, expressed frustration over the pace and approach of African-American reparations in the city.

"I am a victim... so you see me out here with my products right here on Fillmore…I've been here since 1999 and my customer base has moved out of the city," said Muhammad.

His sentiments reflect a broader sentiment among the African-American community, particularly in response to Mayor London Breed's stance that reparations should be addressed at a federal level rather than locally.
A victim of what?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:15 pm A victim of what?
His own choices.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

More charges for Menendez.

What actually got Santos expelled, lying or being a Republican? Because apparently blatant corruption certainly isn't expulsion worthy...if you're a Democrat.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:45 pm More charges for Menendez.

What actually got Santos expelled, lying or being a Republican? Because apparently blatant corruption certainly isn't expulsion worthy...if you're a Democrat.
The Republicans sure didn't want to expel Santos until it got too bad to ignore.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:55 pm
Leisher wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:45 pm More charges for Menendez.

The Republicans sure didn't want to expel Santos until it got too bad to ignore.
You mean like how expelling Menendez isn't even on the table for Ds?

Or how they committed elder abuse on the corpse of Feinstein?

Or how they refuse to invoke the 25th on the dementia patient in the WH and are even running him again?
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

Does it concern anyone else that Fetterman is, far and away, the most sane voice in Congress?
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

Chicago's mayor makes history being the first mayor with a family...
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by TheCatt »

Why is he going to the border?
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:14 pm Why is he going to the border?
Dog and pony show.

Man might be a great mayor, but honestly, wtf can he do at the border? Single handedly put up the "No vacancy" sign?

Seems to me a call to Abbott would be far more fruitful than a photo op at the border.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:16 pm Man might be a great mayor, but honestly, wtf can he do at the border? Single handedly put up the "No vacancy" sign?
Yeah, he can't do shit.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

It would really be awesome if we actually held politicians responsible for their corruption and abuse of office.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by GORDON »

Maybe if they all went to Wellman College together, this wouldn't be a big deal.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

Zing!
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by GORDON »

If I was paying taxes in Denver I might have an opinion about that.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

Even more charges for Sen Menendez.

These charges have him working for and taking money from Egypt and Qatar.

Weird how he's still in office. I wonder if he wouldn't be if Ds controlled the senate by more votes? (Not picking on Ds because the Rs would do it too.)
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by TheCatt »

“The latest charge reveals far more about the government than it says about me,” the senator added. “It says that the prosecutors are afraid of the facts, scared to subject their charges to the fair-minded scrutiny of a jury, and unconstrained by any sense of justice or fair play. It says, once and for all, that they will stop at nothing in their zeal to get me.”
Weird how he and Trump basically say the same thing, yet completely differently.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

How is it different? How’d Trump come into this? Isn’t this whataboutism?

The Rs booted a guy for a lot less recently, but I suspect it was easy for them to do because they didn’t need his seat to pass things.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:59 pm How is it different? How’d Trump come into this? Isn’t this whataboutism?
They both say they're innocent, it's an afront to justice, etc. But Menendez is coherent, and Trump isn't.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

Well, you took it in a whole other direction from the point I was making, but I accept your argument. Because we don't really know who is truthful and who isn't, we should demand every Congressperson and both front runners for POTUS to DQ themselves from running for office again.