The Democratic Party

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

Like I said, he intentionally left it out or is just that stupid.

I learned this stuff in 9th grade health class.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

This is hilarious. He's going to ride this headline into being the new Jesse Jackson.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by TheCatt »

Yeah, people never change over 7 years.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

Did you actually listen to the video or just skip ahead to see the before and after?
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:45 pm Did you actually listen to the video or just skip ahead to see the before and after?
I listened.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:28 am
Leisher wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:45 pm Did you actually listen to the video or just skip ahead to see the before and after?
I listened.
Clearly not closely enough. Someone's tone, style, and cadence doesn't change that much over such a short time frame without a severe head injury or an intentional effort. Add on the massive afro and the black power fist raised as he walked back into the Tennessee legislature, and it's pretty obvious what game he's playing.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:36 am Someone's tone, style, and cadence doesn't change that much over such a short time frame without a severe head injury or an intentional effort. Add on the massive afro and the black power fist raised as he walked back into the Tennessee legislature, and it's pretty obvious what game he's playing.
He's changed.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:17 pm
Leisher wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:36 am Someone's tone, style, and cadence doesn't change that much over such a short time frame without a severe head injury or an intentional effort. Add on the massive afro and the black power fist raised as he walked back into the Tennessee legislature, and it's pretty obvious what game he's playing.
He's changed.
And I'm sure it had nothing to do with the demographics in his district.

I equate the black power fist to the Nazi salute. Same energy. Same meaning. Anyone who does either should never be allowed to hold public office.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by GORDON »

Solid.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

Starbucks closing 16 stores in cities over safety concerns.

Call me crazy, but maybe welcoming homeless people into your stores was a dumb move?

Walmart leaving half of Chicago.
Walmart and CVS have left San Francisco and New York.
By the way, have you seen the new trend where people are sending their young children into stores with bags and just having them steal everything? This trend already makes the new concept stores, with like 1 worker and everything is charged to your phone, a bad investment.

How much longer until stores go back to the old way and no longer stock shelves? Or do you think we'll see laws that allow armed guards and the use of force first?
GORDON
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by GORDON »

"We live in a food dessert because racism."
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by GORDON »

I do not approve of that.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 3:34 pm "We live in a food dessert because racism."
I love food dessert.

At any rate, i was pondering that comment and thought "You know, it's probably such a small %age of people who are making the areas hell, people should just band together and get rid of them or something."

Oh. So on average, arrested 18+ EACH in a single year, but not forever in prison.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 8:30 am At any rate, i was pondering that comment and thought "You know, it's probably such a small %age of people who are making the areas hell, people should just band together and get rid of them or something."
I am very on board with you here.

Like I said in another thread, "I generally think most people are good." We need harsher penalties to take career criminals off the streets permanently. Crime should have consequences, and currently in this country, they don't exist.

One of my first ever exposures to how badly the system is broken when it comes to habitual offenders was when I was about 12. I knew someone who had 22 DUIs and was still driving. License suspended long, long ago, but still driving.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by GORDON »

Desert/dessert is one of those words that I know the difference, and I'll think about as I type it, and then I'll use the wrong one anyway.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:42 pm I knew someone who had 22 DUIs and was still driving. License suspended long, long ago, but still driving.
Fifth Element-style car verification systems. You have to insert a valid license to start the car, and if you're suspended, or no insurance, car don't start.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:44 pm
Leisher wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:42 pm I knew someone who had 22 DUIs and was still driving. License suspended long, long ago, but still driving.
Fifth Element-style car verification systems. You have to insert a valid license to start the car, and if you're suspended, or no insurance, car don't start.
Since the # of uninsured drivers is like 10%+, I'm kinda on board with this. But I don't quite love it either.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:54 pm But I don't quite love it either.
What is the con of enforcing insured drivers?

That's a serious question. The only thing I can come up with is "forcing a product on people", but in this specific case, not having it can negatively affect others, so it makes sense.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by GORDON »

It's already the law. And Catt is very much in favor of people not getting away with breaking the law.

Last asshole that hit my car was uninsured. I could drop my "uninsured motorist" if the law was enforced, and save money.