The [s]First[/s] Only Trump term...so far

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Anyone else worried about the Trumpies martyring him?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:37 pm Anyone else worried about the Trumpies martyring him?
That seems like it would be hard with the cult of personality. You'd need someone to step up and evangelize his memory. Bobert? MTG? Unlikely.

Someone who would orate and lead but still be second best to prison/dead Trump. And those sorts of people are throwing their name in the hat for the R primary.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Can you imagine another Capital Invasion?

Everyone wearing masks, for one.... think it would be totally bloody, this time? Like capital police have order to shoot to kill those evil insurrectionists, trying to take down the country?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Troy wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:53 am That seems like it would be hard with the cult of personality. You'd need someone to step up and evangelize his memory. Bobert? MTG? Unlikely.

Someone who would orate and lead but still be second best to prison/dead Trump. And those sorts of people are throwing their name in the hat for the R primary.
I think prison Trump would be the leader. Gangs and criminal organizations get run from prison cells (and I include the limited corporate examples we have of this very thing too).

But yeah, I don't see anyone else on the R side having the proper appeal to ride the Trump martyrdom. Someone else could fill in and win over Biden, but not because of Trump's situation.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:02 am
Troy wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:53 am That seems like it would be hard with the cult of personality. You'd need someone to step up and evangelize his memory. Bobert? MTG? Unlikely.

I think prison Trump would be the leader. Gangs and criminal organizations get run from prison cells (and I include the limited corporate examples we have of this very thing too).

But yeah, I don't see anyone else on the R side having the proper appeal to ride the Trump martyrdom. Someone else could fill in and win over Biden, but not because of Trump's situation.
Great, now I really want to wake up each morning to a 15m Trump update posted on social media - with him in an orange jump suit, wearing a dew rag, in the cell block courtyard, talking about how awesome he is and how good the food is in prison. "The brown meat tastes fantastic with ketchup, the best, all the prisoners are talking about it"
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Convicted, and then immediately pardoned by Biden.

There's already precedent for it, and no sitting President will want to break it. Just in case.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Troy wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:27 am Great, now I really want to wake up each morning to a 15m Trump update posted on social media - with him in an orange jump suit, wearing a dew rag, in the cell block courtyard, talking about how awesome he is and how good the food is in prison. "The brown meat tastes fantastic with ketchup, the best, all the prisoners are talking about it"
The truest part is we deserve this scenario as American voters. This is what we've been supporting by continuing to vote for two corrupt parties that work for themselves and not us. Orwell tried to warn us, we didn't listen.

BTW, this is why Trump is so effective at speaking:
“Today we witnessed the most evil and heinous abuse of power in the history of our country. Very sad thing to watch, a corrupt sitting president had his top political opponent arrested on fake and fabricated charges of which he and numerous other presidents would be guilty, right in the middle of a presidential election in which he’s losing very badly,” Trump said
There is just enough truth, just enough spin to make that comment plausible. I think most Americans believe our government to be corrupt. Joe Biden's corruption is becoming more fact and less fiction thanks to his kids. It has been said by everyone involved that presidents and most politicians break the classified documents laws all the time. And technically Trump is right about a sitting president and his biggest political threat being arrested.

However, that's not the whole truth is it? Biden didn't issue the arrest warrant. Nobody made Trump commit crimes. Nobody certainly made him a braggart who had to admit shit on a recording that he knew what he was doing. Without that admission, there's no charges unless they were also willing to charge Bush, Obama, Clinton, Biden, Pence, etc. Trump doesn't talk about that. He will certainly discuss how Biden and Pence aren't being charged though. I guarantee it.

Also, is it "dew" or "doo" or something else? I'm legit curious and never realized I don't know the proper spelling of that.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 1:15 pm Also, is it "dew" or "doo" or something else? I'm legit curious and never realized I don't know the proper spelling of that.
I always thought doo rag. Like a rag for your hair-doo.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Looks like it's Durag, Dorag, or Doo rag. Dew Rag is not right.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Dieux.

It's a French derivation.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Ok, if Trump were to win the presidency again, there would be one good thing to come out of it...
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:13 pm CNN warns Trump could legit win again.
How dumb is America?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:05 pm
Leisher wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:13 pm CNN warns Trump could legit win again.
How dumb is America?
Not sure if we're collectively dumb or if people are just brainwashed and beaten down so badly at this point.

Biden vs Trump 2 is the election the vast majority of Americans have said in poll after poll that they do not want.

If either party cared about the country or its people, they'd tell their leading candidate to go run independent.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

This is very well made.

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

All the jurors for the Trump stuff in Fulton County have their names and personal info released.

People talking violence on ultra maga supporting sites.

Our country is so amazingly well run...
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Black guy on Twitter:
"Trump got three baby mommas, is a scammer, and got a mugshot? He the first black president fr."

:lol:
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Trump claims to have shot a 69 at a championship course.

The article is clearly mocking his claim, and Trump being Trump, I understand. However, it's possible. Allow me to explain.

1. Trump's not exactly know for truthful statements. During his booking, he claimed to be 6'3" and 215 pounds. To contrast that claim, here's Lamar Jackson who is lean and known for being fast and elusive. That doesn't pass the eye test.

2. Trump's handicap is 2.5, which at face value would mean he's quite capable of such a round. However, as the article states he hasn't turned in a score since 2021. That could mean his handicap is now much higher. Although, to be fair, it could also mean his game has improved.

3. The article doesn't discuss it, but he's probably playing the senior tees, which do cut a lot of distance off a course.

4. Despite videos of him hitting bad shots, he golfs a LOT, so he's probably at least decent. Cherry picking individual bad shots is easy and could be done to anyone. Every golfer hits bad shots. I, literally, just saw a video of pros on a driving range at the current tournament and one dribbled a wedge shot. Also, at a major this year there was an 87 yard par 3. That's a lob wedge. You know what the average score was on that hole for the entire tournament? 3.7. The easiest hole at a major in many years and the pros struggled to make par.

5. My dad is 76 and routinely shoots in the 70s. He's a good golfer, but isn't a billionaire who plays almost daily. If he was I have no doubt he could pull off a 67. (He's the best putter I've ever seen in person not named Jack Nicolaus.)

6. He would have had a ton of witnesses. He's right about that. Secret service, his playing partners, other people on the course, etc. Although, he's really insistent about that, which makes me skeptical. After all, Kim Jong-il once claimed to have shot an 18 for 18 holes of golf. If anyone spoke up about that I'm sure they got to meet the business end of an anti-aircraft gun...

This is a "Little Boy Who Cried Wolf" situation. When you lie or exaggerate so much, it makes it hard to believe anything he says.

So a 67 for him should absolutely be possible, but the skepticism is his own doing.

In other Trump news, I might support his statement about pussy, but I need to know what he means by it. Is he just talking about high class women? If so, I disagree. "First class" often comes with big negatives like complacency, entitlement, etc. Sure, they look great, but the 7 from the trailer park is going to be a lot more fun.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

80% of men in the world are nodding to themselves in silent agreement, but 52% of them will claim to be outraged by the sexist statement.