The [s]First[/s] Only Trump term...so far

For stuff that is general.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Does anyone really think a precedent will be set that a President can be imprisoned? Even Trump?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Troy

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:18 pm Trump's judge might have already fucked up.

Or played his role correctly if you believe conspiracy theories...

TLDR: The judge has basically told prosecutors they can question Trump on anything, including stuff he's not on trial for, which is exactly why Weinstein's conviction was overturned.
Requires Trump to take the witness stand. No chance.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Even if trump is found guilty, his penalty with be $$$. And if not, Biden will pardon him. Calling it. Trump aint going to prison. My dollar is on that.
Troy

Post by Troy »

GORDON wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 3:40 pm And if not, Biden will pardon him.
Seems accurate or this timeline. I don't think he can be found guilty of that many felonies and not get jail, though.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 3:40 pm And if not, Biden will pardon him.
I could actually see this happening, especially if Troy is right and Trump does face jail time. Even more true if Trump wins the election. I think the parties will comes to an agreement secretly that they both lose if the incoming president is in the pokey.

It boggles my mind every day that these are our candidates.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I see Stormy Daniels' lawyer is testifying today.

Hey Troy, how are lawyers allowed to be brokers for illegal deals? If the hush money payments were illegal, how could this lawyer be involed?

Gloria Eldridge (is that her name?) is a famous CA lawyer who very publicly represented a woman who had an affair with David B (the guy who played Angel) and wanted hush money payments. (David said no and just told his wife rather than be blackmailed.)

Legally, how do they get away with this?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

Post by Troy »

They can claim attorney client privilege and not talk about, for example, their client coming to them and laying out an outrageous criminal conspiracy.

But my understanding is if they knowingly play a part in it, and knowing hide it, etc, they are just as guilty.

The often exploited loophole is that they can claim to not know what their client was really up to, and fog it up with atty client privilege if pressed on the details.

One more - I don’t think the hush money payments are illegal, nor it cheating on your wife(new mother with a baby) with a sex worker. It was lying about the payments using campaign funds. That’s the felony.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Thanks for the explanation. Feels like as a society we should really try to close those loopholes so legal blackmail (in the case of the Angel actor) can go away.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Right after they close the campaign -donation- bribe loopholes.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/05/03/trump-m ... udits.html
Trump Media auditor charged by SEC with ‘massive fraud,’ permanently barred from public company audits
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

There are no winners in the Trump diaper thing.

-Trump's basically Jabba the Hut and his condition is thanks to rampant drug use.
-The people wearing the shirts or having the banner are clearly the actual "MAGA" people, so...idiots.
-The people mocking Trump and his cultists are also mocking anyone who wear diapers. Probably not a big hit with the elderly, their caretakers, medical professionals, and so on.

Just all around gross.
TheCatt wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 10:09 am https://www.cnbc.com/2024/05/03/trump-m ... udits.html
Trump Media auditor charged by SEC with ‘massive fraud,’ permanently barred from public company audits
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

They're bringing body shaming back.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I laughed, but Gordon does have a point.

Lots of people are outraged at college students (and one racist kid) in LSU for making fat jokes at a large black woman's expense, yet none of them say shit when Trump's body is mocked or any conservative woman's.

On that note, Trump might have the weirdest body in history. Patrice O'Neil once told Jim Norton that his body was the shape of whatever container you poured him into. Obviously a joke between friends, but it might be legit with Trump.