Century Link

Malcolm

Century Link

Post by Malcolm »

Finally has fibre optic in my 'hood. One week.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Re: Century Link

Post by TheCatt »

Nice. Century Link has a distinctly poor reputation in these parts, but mostly due to being in rural areas.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

$60 cheaper than Xfinity. I lose the premium channels, but I'm not going to complain at the moment. I have them all for 2-3 series. I can always upgrade to the everything package and pay slightly less than Xfinity (still holds back a couple premiums).
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Not even a month goes by and the set top box needs replacing. Fucking requires power cycling in order to switch on now. Called their customer support, which appears to blow just as many goats as Xfinity. Got transferred to 3 different people in three minutes, and had to repeat information to each of them multiple fucking times, including shit I shouldn't even have to say because their goddamned CS system should autodetect my info from my equally goddamned incoming phone number. How in the fuck can this be so hard for corporate America to do correctly? I swear to Jeebus, if the techie walks in tomorrow and says, "Oh, well this is the REAL set top box they should've given you to begin with..."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Some of my neighbors will have Google Fiber within 2.5 weeks. Sadly, not on my street yet.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Plus: techie gave me his personal work number. In case the dumb-asses at the home office fucked up again. Same dude that did the installation. Seemed like an ok cat. Anyhoo, odd. Xftinity service agent also did that. And he was the dude that properly diagnosed my shitty cable modem problem. Do the techies who are "in the know" have some underground community that has escaped even the floors of even my radar?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

In my experience the techs who.actualky worked for Time Warner knew how to set up working internet, and the contractors that TW hired to do tech work knew how to run a power drill.... Sometimes.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GOOGLE FIBER PUT UTILITY MARKINGS IN MY LAWN TODAY!

Sure, it's just paint, but seems like a promising start.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Google Fiber install on SUNDAY!