X (fka Twitter)

GORDON
Site Admin

X (fka Twitter)

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:11 am There's our million dollar idea. We start a Twitter alternative called "The Echo Chamber" where users only see what they want.
Goddam.... conservatives, amirite?

Ok see you tomorrow.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

X (fka Twitter)

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:13 am
Leisher wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:11 am There's our million dollar idea. We start a Twitter alternative called "The Echo Chamber" where users only see what they want.
Goddam.... conservatives, amirite?

Ok see you tomorrow.
Give the people what they want!

Isn't that how DailyKOS still exists?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

X (fka Twitter)

Post by GORDON »

I remember the last magazine subscription I ever had was Newsweek. I cancelled it when, 4 weeks in a row, they were shilling dailykos.com.
Leisher
Site Admin

X (fka Twitter)

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

X (fka Twitter)

Post by Leisher »

Some other billionaire wants to take X public again.

I guess it's really close to being profitable again, and it has record numbers for users and engagement.
Leisher
Site Admin

X (fka Twitter)

Post by Leisher »

I didn't know this...I don't think?

Looks like X is trying to compete with Twitch. Twitch has a hell of a head start. What is X going to do to make itself stand apart from Twitch?
TheCatt
Site Admin

X (fka Twitter)

Post by TheCatt »

Is that Diablo IV?
Leisher wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:13 pm Looks like X is trying to compete with Twitch. Twitch has a hell of a head start. What is X going to do to make itself stand apart from Twitch?
Allow boobs?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Cakedaddy

X (fka Twitter)

Post by Cakedaddy »

A lot of the streamers I watch also talk about being in "Kick", but none of them ever stream there. I think they want all of their veiwers to move over there, but no one does. Kick is supposed to share more of the revenue with the streamers.

Current Twitch model:
Twitch gets half of your money (assuming you've done enough work to lower their cut to 50%).
Twitch promotes the streams with the most subs

No idea what the Kick model is, other than the streamers get a bigger cut.
Leisher
Site Admin

X (fka Twitter)

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:36 pm Is that Diablo IV?
I think?
TheCatt wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:36 pmAllow boobs?
Genuinely one of the things I thought, but you don't want to go overboard and become OF part 2. I would definitely be more lenient about partial nudity, cursing, and give more to creators.
Cakedaddy wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:33 pm A lot of the streamers I watch also talk about being in "Kick", but none of them ever stream there. I think they want all of their veiwers to move over there, but no one does. Kick is supposed to share more of the revenue with the streamers.

Current Twitch model:
Twitch gets half of your money (assuming you've done enough work to lower their cut to 50%).
Twitch promotes the streams with the most subs

No idea what the Kick model is, other than the streamers get a bigger cut.
Not sure I've heard about Kick, but if it was good people would go there.

I think the biggest problems any new startup will have is that everyone is already on Twitch. Every streamer, every company, every event, every promotion, etc. They're way vested, and it's a habit.
Cakedaddy

X (fka Twitter)

Post by Cakedaddy »

Twitch already allows cursing. Allows talking about drugs. Hell, allows doing drugs. You just have to have a tag stating what you do and what you talk about so people can avoid it if they want.
Leisher
Site Admin

X (fka Twitter)

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

X (fka Twitter)

Post by TheCatt »

Supposedly explicit content will be banned, but I can't find a good source for that,, just this tweet.
Leisher
Site Admin

X (fka Twitter)

Post by Leisher »

So the past few days big advertisers started pulling their ads from X claiming they were posted next to pro-Nazi tweets. Elon is firing back.

This will be interesting to watch. Discovery in this lawsuit could expose a lot of interesting things about both X and Media Matters for America. IF they did fake ad placement it will get really fun to see who is financing them.

Here is the gentleman who founded and runs Media Matters for America.

Considering they did this all on X, Elon's crew will have all the logs. If MMoA gave real stuff to advertisers, then there's no issue. If they faked stuff, they're probably fucked.

Babylon Bee takes a shot at one of the company's to drop advertising.
TheCatt
Site Admin

X (fka Twitter)

Post by TheCatt »

So, X says it happened, but only a little.
Leisher
Site Admin

X (fka Twitter)

Post by Leisher »

The other side said it happened every time. 50 vs the hundreds of millions of tweets a day is kind of a big difference. The fact that one organization led this boycott says a lot. As does their faking screenshots, which you must have missed seeing through your Musk hatred. :D
Leisher
Site Admin

X (fka Twitter)

Post by Leisher »

I said hundreds of millions and was wrong. 5.5B tweets.

Leisher
Site Admin

X (fka Twitter)

Post by Leisher »

Hey look, Democrats Adam Schiff, Dan Goldman, and Jamie Raskin are all on X today attacking Elon and pushing the Media Matters narrative of antisemitism.

Interesting timing considering X just filed their lawsuit over Media Matters faking their data and Media Matters is owned and run by a big D donor. I'm sure it's not at all related.

I'm certain these same guys are going after the Hamas and antisemitism filled TikTok that is really driving the anti-Israel narrative, right? Or even calling out anti-Semitic members of their own party? No?

It's nice when people's bought and paid for stooges out themselves like this, isn't it?

By the way, just pretend that 2 out of 3 (all three?) of them don't have their own scandals going on.
GORDON
Site Admin

X (fka Twitter)

Post by GORDON »

"Doesn't matter I hate elon. I will believe the official story and repeat it. The truth won't matter when the lie is the only thing being broadcasted. My team will win then."
Leisher
Site Admin

X (fka Twitter)

Post by Leisher »

D propaganda team, the MSM, trying to say Twitter is dead.

X is getting more traffic than FB and IG.
TheCatt
Site Admin

X (fka Twitter)

Post by TheCatt »

“If somebody’s going to try to blackmail me with advertising? Blackmail me with money? Go f--- yourself. Go. F---. Yourself. Is that clear?” X owner and CTO Musk said during the interview.
Disney, Apple, IBM, Comcast, Warner Bros. Discovery, Paramount Global and Lions Gate Entertainment pulled ads from X earlier in November after Musk said he agreed with a social media post accusing “Jewish communities” of pushing “hatred against whites.” His comments drew condemnation from the White House, which blasted Musk for promoting “antisemitic and racist hate.”

During the interview, Musk called out Disney CEO Bob Iger, who also spoke at DealBook, and said “Hi, Bob!”

Yaccarino was hired as X’s CEO in May. She was previously the global advertising chief of NBCUniversal. She has been tasked with bringing advertisers back to X following Musk’s takeover of the company in 2022. In August, she said brands were returning to the platform and should feel comfortable placing ads.

Musk apologized for his inflammatory comments on X during the interview and told Sorkin that a particular post, where agreed with an antisemitic conspiracy theory, was “one of the most foolish if not the most foolish thing I’ve ever done on the platform.”

“I’m sorry for that tweet or post,” he said.
Really? X - Doubt