X (fka Twitter)

GORDON
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by GORDON »

It probably takes him a while to read through the tweets of his employees mocking him. He'll get to her.

If I were Elon with my fuck-you money I'd look at replacing the entire team, if they're all doing it "behind my back." They obviously don't need the paychecks.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by Leisher »

I don't believe that Tweet is real/truthful until something happens.

Either she's lying or the reports about Elon firing everyone who criticizes him is bullshit. Pick one because they both can't be true.

People have @Musk on that tweet and she's been continuing to talk shit about how good she is, Elon can't fire her, he'll probably give her a raise, etc.

If she doesn't get terminated and that termination confirmed by Musk then she (or he) is single-handedly proving the entire narrative wrong that his opponents have been pushing.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:08 pm Either she's lying or the reports about Elon firing everyone who criticizes him is bullshit. Pick one because they both can't be true.
It seems that he has fired about 2 dozen people for talking shit. Maybe he doesn't know? Maybe she's that good. Maybe she clicked the slave link?
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by GORDON »

"Shhh nobody tell the boss, diana's drunk and talkin shit again."
Leisher
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:14 pm
Leisher wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:08 pm Either she's lying or the reports about Elon firing everyone who criticizes him is bullshit. Pick one because they both can't be true.
It seems that he has fired about 2 dozen people for talking shit. Maybe he doesn't know? Maybe she's that good. Maybe she clicked the slave link?
It's claimed he fired people for talking shit. No proof given. This is one of my (and your) biggest problems with social media. Peeps just say stuff and the people who want it to be true believe it. He has been directly subtweeted on her tweet. Again, she continues to talk shit. Nobody is "that good" that a multibillionaire egomaniac wouldn't shit can her immediately to prove he's the most powerful person in the room.

So let's see how this plays out.

Oh, and just for giggles, name a single corporate CEO who wouldn't terminate an employee who tweeted something like this about them. Also, show me a CEO who would want to hire this woman who goes public bashing her company's CEO. If she actually does work there, she might know code, but she's a fucking idiot.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:36 pm Oh, and just for giggles, name a single corporate CEO who wouldn't terminate an employee who tweeted something like this about them. Also, show me a CEO who would want to hire this woman who goes public bashing her company's CEO. If she actually does work there, she might know code, but she's a fucking idiot.
Most CEOs have more self awareness than Musk. Low bar.
Leisher
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:45 pm Most CEOs have more self awareness than Musk. Low bar.
Based on my exposure to them, they don't. Ask Steve Jobs.
GORDON
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by GORDON »

I don't think anyone should tolerate it. If they're stupid enough to do it, they're too stupid to be trusted to make good decisions in the workplace. There's an extremely old bit of wisdom about biting the hand that feeds you, that comes to mind.

These people are angry and unhinged about politics, full stop. Shitcan them.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:41 am Going forward, to build a breakthrough Twitter 2.0 and succeed in an increasingly competitive world, we will need to be extremely hardcore. This will mean working long hours at high intensity. Only exceptional performance will constitute a passing grade.

Twitter will also be much more engineering-driven. Design and product management will still be very important and report to me, but those writing great code will constitute the majority of our team and have the greatest sway.

At its heart, Twitter is a software and servers company, so l think this makes sense.

If you are sure that you want to be part of the new Twitter, please click yes on the link below:
I figured there's really only one answer here. And that's to take the severance. If Elon thinks you are worth keeping, he'll negotiate. If not, leave anyway and don't be a slave.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by TheCatt »

Twitter: Everyone in the office, WFH is banned.

Also, twitter.
GORDON
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by GORDON »

Quickest loss/waste of $44 billion?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:20 pm Quickest loss/waste of $44 billion?
Too early to tell, but sure looks like it.

Other than crypto :)
GORDON
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by GORDON »

If Twitter goes to zero value, does that affect his ranking as richest dude?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:41 pm If Twitter goes to zero value, does that affect his ranking as richest dude?
Probably not. TSLA stock matters more. All of the $44B isn't his. I think he put in 1/3rd or so.
Leisher
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by Leisher »

Twitter has hinted the lockouts were FBI related. No idea if that's true or not.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by TheCatt »

I don't know what's going on with twitter right now, but my feed is people saying "this is the end of twitter/this might be my last tweet ever"
GORDON
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by GORDON »

and the average IQ of the world goes up a point. Nice.
Leisher
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by Leisher »

If you click on that Tweet, someone in Silicon Valley offers any assistance Musk needs to keep Twitter running.

I do have a question for all the "He's ruined Twitter" and "RIPTwitter" folks: What has been ruined? Twitter is functioning EXACTLY the same as it was before.

The only change I've noticed in the slightest is that my feed has been overrun with left wing politicians and pundits. Not ones I follow, but just randoms. As if someone at Twitter sabotaged the algorithm so it would show people more left wing stuff?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:09 pm someone in Silicon Valley offers any assistance Musk needs to keep Twitter running.
WTF does Elon need?
Leisher wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:09 pm What has been ruined? Twitter is functioning EXACTLY the same as it was before.
It's had a few bumps, definitely, like the TFA debacle where they disabled the TFA micro-service, but it was required for logging in.
Leisher wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:09 pm The only change I've noticed in the slightest is that my feed has been overrun with left wing politicians and pundits. Not ones I follow, but just randoms
So my experience has been the complete opposite. I've suddenly been overrun with right win politicians and Elon bootlickers.

Someone's experience over the past week as an employee.