X (fka Twitter)

GORDON
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by GORDON »

When it comes to Elon, Catt sometimes reminds me of Malcolm.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:45 pmSeriously?
Ok, Twitter employees didn't kill people, but other than that, yes. It's been proven a million times over that Twitter openly engaged in silencing conservatives and anything that did not line up with the narratives they pushed. Hunter's laptop? Squashed. Defiant Ls, an account that does nothing more than repost what other people post? Constantly suspended. Libs of TikTok, again just reposting actual posts? Constantly suspended. Everything covid that was proven true? Squashed. Calls for violence during 2020 riots? Left up. (Considering people used Twitter to organize some of the riots, I believe it could be argued that by their inaction on this stuff, they are at least partially responsible for lives lost and property destroyed. Any criticism of LGBQT+ people even when 100% valid? Squashed and banned. Any criticism of whites, straights, and men and calls for violence against them? Left up. Posting actual video of a CNN producer discussing how they manipulate their audience? That account gets permanently banned. And the list goes on endlessly. Multiple politicians and news orgs on the right were banned. Nobody on the left was banned, ever.
TheCatt wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:45 pm OK. I do not like him
Yay! An admission. FYI, I genuinely don't give two fucks that you don't like him. I am curious about the "why", but not for any reason other than general curiosity. He's not someone I hate, but I wouldn't trust him as far as I can throw him.
TheCatt wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:45 pmSo I disagree.
So prove me wrong. Show me some billionaires or sports GOATs that aren't assholes. BTW, Michael Jordan and the field of psychiatry agree with me. And understand, it's not that they're "awful human beings", but they are going to be far more likely to choose the asshole option in given situations. As Michael Jordan put it (paraphrasing), "You have to be an asshole to want the ball at the end of game." Tom Brady abandoned his wife and kids for football.

BTW, all cards on the table, I'm 100% convinced this won't be true for every single GOAT or billionaire, but those folks are the exception, not the rule. Jack Nicolaus comes to mind, but same sport, Tiger Woods is a total asshole. Patrick Mahomes might not be an asshole, but he's not going to touch Brady's records. A-A-Ron is a TOTAL asshole and might be the best arm ever. Everyone on "Watch us rob these stupid fucks" Shark Tank is an asshole, even Cuban whom I generally like.
TheCatt wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:45 pm Synergy would be twitter giving FREE ads to his other companies.
I don't agree. He's using two assets to help each other. That's synergy, free or not.
TheCatt wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:45 pm How? There's literally no stock any more. It's private.
Ha! I completely forgot he had taken it private. My bad. Although, I have zero doubt it'll go public again once he gets it to where ever he thinks it needs to be.
GORDON wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:46 pm When it comes to Elon, Catt sometimes reminds me of Malcolm.
Exactly why I've been so curious about his hate for the man. Catt is usually quite rational, but when it comes to Elon that all goes out the window.

FYI, I saw all that Tracy Hawkins stuff. That's him correcting her and he has posted data to prove his argument. Sorry, but I have to believe the guy who owns the company and not someone who hates him based on his politics and quit a cushy job because of it. (Although, let's be honest, she knew she'd be out, so she virtue signaled by resigning.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by GORDON »

I wonder if the cook woman knows that there's more to the cost of feeding their employees than the $20-25 dollars of ingredients that goes onto the plate.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:18 pm I wonder if the cook woman knows that there's more to the cost of feeding their employees than the $20-25 dollars of ingredients that goes onto the plate.
Based on those numbers in California, no. Just on those numbers alone she's got zero credibility.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by TheCatt »

$20-25 of ingredients is entirely reasonable for a lunch for HCOL. If not high, that's a pretty fancy lunch, even for San francisco. Retail would be double that.
Leisher
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:06 am $20-25 of ingredients is entirely reasonable for a lunch for HCOL. If not high, that's a pretty fancy lunch, even for San Francisco. Retail would be double that.
Ingredients, maybe. Unfortunately, we'll never know without seeing the menu and spread. I'm guessing they weren't handing out boxed lunches. I picture far more of a cafeteria/buffet setting with professional chefs, not cooks.

He posted the actual numbers. Make $13M a year work for $20-$25 for 50% of the workplace, which was her claim.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:20 am Make $13M a year work for $20-$25 for 50% of the workplace, which was her claim.
I was just posting "both sides." I don't have the details, but I also don't necessarily trust Elon (see the 1,000 RPCs claim, which feels absurd at first blush). Feels like they could save $$ just having a massive Door Dash order each day :)

OTOH, axing some calls explains why my feed was so messed up this morning. I got one tweet 3 times in 4 pages of scrolling.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:45 pm I don't agree. He's using two assets to help each other. That's synergy, free or not.
synergy is supposed to be a 1+1 = 3 type of thing. This is still just self dealing.
Leisher
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:16 pm
Leisher wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:45 pm I don't agree. He's using two assets to help each other. That's synergy, free or not.
synergy is supposed to be a 1+1 = 3 type of thing. This is still just self dealing.
Is that legit the definition of synergy?

I look at it as Starlink paying Twitter for ads to help Twitter while getting Starlink exposure it honestly needs. Any business brought in would be its win. Other corporations do stuff like this all the time. Sometimes it's their subsidiaries, sometimes it's handled via internal accounting.

I just don't think this is a huge negative. I wouldn't trash anyone doing it because they ALL do it.

So far, I think where Elon has deserved criticism is the odd bid, then pull back, then "fuck it" buying process of Twitter followed by abrupt firing. He should have let the paint dry before mass firing anyone. Figure shit out and then do your terminations.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:32 pm Is that legit the definition of synergy?
Yes, in shorthand.
the interaction or cooperation of two or more organizations, substances, or other agents to produce a combined effect greater than the sum of their separate effects.
Leisher wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:32 pm Figure shit out and then do your terminations.
He read the part of The Prince about making change quickly, but forgot the parts about Reputation, Generosity, avoiding flatterers, avoiding contempt and hatred.
Leisher
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:28 pm He read the part of The Prince about making change quickly, but forgot the parts about Reputation, Generosity, avoiding flatterers, avoiding contempt and hatred.
It's why I'm so perplexed as to how some billionaires became billionaires. Yeah, the work ethic and good ideas take you far, but at some point you need to be decent to people right?

*Looking around at all the billionaires*

Oh...
TheCatt
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by TheCatt »

OK, this is funny.

Leisher
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by Leisher »

Ligma Johnson should have been a huge red flag to the nation about the "journalism" that passes for news, but it wasn't.

This is something Musk could do with Twitter that I can see adding real value.

Saw a YouTube creator discussing this, and he's been cautious on all things Musk. He said this could be the thing that really gets creators' attention. I guess TikTok pays shit and FB reels are the same. Although, oddly IG pays pretty well. I expect FB reels will catch up IF the government does something about TikTok. Anyway, the point is that with more pay, and YouTube having some shitty policies for their creators, there is an opportunity.

Now can Musk and his team do it right? Who knows.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by TheCatt »

He should take on onlyfans.

To: Team [at Twitter]

Subj. A Fork in the Road

Date: Nov. 16, 2022 [time stamp removed]

Going forward, to build a breakthrough Twitter 2.0 and succeed in an increasingly competitive world, we will need to be extremely hardcore. This will mean working long hours at high intensity. Only exceptional performance will constitute a passing grade.

Twitter will also be much more engineering-driven. Design and product management will still be very important and report to me, but those writing great code will constitute the majority of our team and have the greatest sway.

At its heart, Twitter is a software and servers company, so l think this makes sense.

If you are sure that you want to be part of the new Twitter, please click yes on the link below:

[Link removed]

Anyone who has not done so by 5pm ET tomorrow (Thursday) will receive three months of severance.

Whatever decision you make, thank you for your efforts to make Twitter successful.

Elon
Well, this will be interesting, at the least.
Leisher
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:41 am He should take on onlyfans.
Honestly, why not? Have that section behind a paywall. "TwitterAfterDark.com"
TheCatt wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:41 am Well, this will be interesting, at the least.
He should have STARTED with that letter, not with just shitcanning randoms.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by TheCatt »

I wonder how people who are using work visas through their Twitter work are reacting.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by TheCatt »

Maybe they'll rebrand to WUPHF.com
TheCatt
Site Admin

Twitter

Post by TheCatt »

She's still not fired yet.