computer speakers

Malcolm

computer speakers

Post by Malcolm »

Anyone got favourites? I'm looking Bose, Creative, and Logitech right now. Would prefer w\o subwoofer unless the footprint is tiny. Preferably something in the $100 range or thereabouts.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Re: computer speakers

Post by TheCatt »

No, I use headphones for each computer.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

If you arne't going with a good 5.1 system then it prolly doesn't matter much... it wont be high-end. Just go with some 2.0 brand name setup and you should be fine. I have both Logitech and Altec Lansing systems in my house in various places.

If you're in an apartment then kudos for skipping the subwoofer.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

GORDON wrote:If you arne't going with a good 5.1 system then it prolly doesn't matter much... it wont be high-end. Just go with some 2.0 brand name setup and you should be fine.
If you're in an apartment then kudos for skipping the subwoofer.
I don't have room for it with the current desk setup. Speakers will be for solo games where sound is secondary. Fallout, Wasteland, Bard's Tale, and the like spring immediately to mind. If I give enough of a shit about something to pay attention to it 100%, I'll break out the headphones.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."