The Cure

Audio Tawk
Malcolm

The Cure

Post by Malcolm »

Were in town last night. Three hour set. First time they've come this far north in two decades.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Re: The Cure

Post by TheCatt »

How was it? Seeing them in 3 weeks.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Malcolm

Re: The Cure

Post by Malcolm »

Solid show, played most of their big hits ... with a few notable omissions but they've got a large enough repertoire that I could see them swapping pieces in and out whenever they wanted to. I've got no idea why they've got an opener. They do half their songs in one continuous stretch, then the other half are broken up into 4 "encores" of 4-5 songs each. Robert's heavy accent has only gotten heavier in his old age, so you can barely understand what he says unless he's singing some lyrics or you speak his particular British dialect fluently. Overall, quite good. There were a couple shitty spots:

During encore #3, Robert fucked up the last verse of "Burn" and I could barely hear the lead guitar lines. When they did "Boys Don't Cry" the tempo was way too slow. Normally I'd let that slide, but the rhythm contrast in the chorus is the hook and they played it below average.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."