Today in racism

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

There are three options:
1. Take it as face value as just a dumb sketch about the absurdity of their cheating.
2. They're making light of the current social state of our country based on skin color.
3. #2, but it's a commentary attacking it.

Kind of impossible to tell.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

Because you're racist, i assume?

Could be a commentary on nearly 400 years of advantages white people gave other white people based on where they went to college.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

Well, you know how we white people are.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

Working on coining a phrase... help me out here.... "The best bridges into the future are funded by payback for the past."
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

13% of the nation is represented by a "black national anthem". Everyone else by the actual national anthem.

How is that unifying?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Leisher wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:28 pm 13% of the nation is represented by a "black national anthem". Everyone else by the actual national anthem.

How is that unifying?
The MSM is there to paint any dissenters as their new favorite code word: MAGA.

Instead of presenting the opposition's argument and the facts, let's just name call and paint everyone as racists. "Journalism" in 2024!!

BTW, written by someone that lives in London and doesn't appear to be a U.S. citizen.

Isn't the U.S. supposed to be a melting pot? Aren't we supposed to all come together? Isn't unity what we want?

So how does having a separate national anthem get us closer to that goal? I thought segregation was bad? Isn't it offensive and racist to other minority groups to only give this specific one their own anthem? Don't we have to give them each their own too? Do we separate it by race only or do we do countries, sexes, genders, species, and so on? Do sporting events need to start an hour earlier just to get through all the anthems?

Buried at the very end of the article, as narrative pushing journalists like to do, is actual logic and where the article should have started (aside from changing the headline):
Scholars like Timothy Askew, author of Cultural Hegemony and African American Patriotism: An Analysis of the Song, "Lift Every Voice and Sing," said the labeling of the song as the Black National Anthem was problematic.

"I say it is an anthem of universality, inclusion," he said during a 2022 interview with Marisa Macy, an academic at the University of Nebraska. "Its words speak to all people who [are] suffering… This song is a song that brings us together as one."
Separating and putting yourself above others based on the color of your and their skin is called something, but I cannot place it right now...
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Whites only event cancelled in Sri Lanka.

It was an event for ex-pats to meet. Why they didn't just say "Ex-Pats only" I have no idea.

My favorite part of the article is here though:
"How dare they come to a brown country and ban the people of that country," another social media user said on Facebook.
Can you imagine? The U.S. would never tolerate exclusion like that... :roll:
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

I heard it's mainly Russian expats there, so they're probably pretty tone deaf overall
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:18 am I heard it's mainly Russian expats there, so they're probably pretty tone deaf overall
The organiser as well as the owners of Sarayka Lounge are believed to be Russian citizens.
And they are super racist, anyway.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

Another MSM black woman claims she can't be racist because she's black.

I truly cannot fathom how people this ignorant exist.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

America First, who recently filed a suit against Disney for illegal hiring practices has now sued CBS for the same thing.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

I'd bet they all consider themselves to be super anti-racist too.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

The "Racism of low expectations " has been a thing for a long time. I have no idea why it's so often given a pass in the name of "helping" or whatever

But, you know how they are. They want to help rich kids, AND black kids.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

There's some black woman pop singer causing a ruckus because she released a country album. Rhianna, beyonce, IDC and all the same. But I never tell people that the art they make is wrong. Sometimes the art comes out of you without caring what you think about it.

That doesn't bug me.

What bugs me is that I keep seeing her in a cowboy hat, because we keep being told that white people shouldn't be culturally appropriating from other cultures, but she is very clearly appropriating from cowboy culture.

I hate hypocrisy.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by TheCatt »

With “Texas Hold ’Em” fever setting in, many fans have embraced the fashion trend dubbed “cowboycore,” donning various types of cowboy hats and boots — metallic silver, snake print, ones with tassel trim — as they shared videos of them dancing to the hit song. Beyoncé herself has been photographed wearing cowboy hats in public appearances and promotional footage in recent weeks.
I didn't even know this was happening.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

oh cool do blackface next.

since cowboy face is awesome.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:56 pm
With “Texas Hold ’Em” fever setting in, many fans have embraced the fashion trend dubbed “cowboycore,” donning various types of cowboy hats and boots — metallic silver, snake print, ones with tassel trim — as they shared videos of them dancing to the hit song. Beyoncé herself has been photographed wearing cowboy hats in public appearances and promotional footage in recent weeks.
I didn't even know this was happening.
Ditto.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by Leisher »

The guy should get a pass because he's clearly a time traveler. Nobody has said "colored" in 80 years.

Also, the first comment is hilarious.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in racism

Post by GORDON »

In the 50's people were saying "colored" because it was the polite way to not say the n-word.

There are still some old people who remember when that was the nice way to say it, and the millennials with no understanding of anything just roll their eyes "LOL old people are so racist."

There aren't many of those old people left, but they're still out there, putting the c-word into the world in an effort to use good manners. This guy may or may not have been exposed to it, or possibly in print or on screen, recently.

Or, possibly, he's just a racist villain trying to bring the old-timey hate back on live TV to the detriment of his career. Yeah, that's probably it. Fire him and burn his house down. Replace him with AI, it never makes racial mistakes.