Death

Audio Tawk
Malcolm

Death

Post by Malcolm »

From the old board:
Reissue.  If you don't know the band Death or their album Scream Bloody Gore, you should check it out if you're a metal head.  Widely described as the first death metal album ever released.  Digital pre-orders are open.  But for some fucking reason the physical pre-order website was written by a goddamned mongoloid and doesn't actually let you, you know, PRE-ORDER.
They just don't make album art like they used to.

Correction: maybe not a mongoloid, but an inept web developer.  The item I want is sold out so the link button is dead.  The rest work fine.

Versions:
3365 x Black Standard Gram

2500 x Royal Blue Standard Gram *Hot Topic / Euro Indie Retailer Exclusive* (Not available through Relapse.com)

2000 x Blood Red Standard Gram *Relapse.com Exclusive*

1000 x Halloween Orange Standard Gram *American / Euro Indie Retailer Exclusive* (Not available through Relapse.com)

500 x Bone White / Deep Purple Merge Standard Gram *Relapse.com Exclusive*

500 x Picture Disc *Relapse.com Exclusive*
My general sentiment is fuck standard black. I don't get that basic unless it's vintage. I'm trying to wait on Friday before hitting up the only fucking place I can find that has the orange on preorder (Nuclear Blast Records in Germany -- I hope it's a front for a Bond villain). The shipping is more than the LP. As a bonus, I found a place with two mint copies of the '07 UK double LP Blood Splatter version. That'll just leave me to track down:
- box set LP
- copy signed by the deceased Chris Schuldiner
Unfortunately Schuldiner played lead, rhythm, and bass guitar in the studio as well as laying down vox. Means the only guy I can locate to make it as kick-ass as possible is Chris Reifert, who did the drums (current drummer for Autopsy).

Fun fact: Ed Repka, the artist of the fucking awesome cover art, is the same dude that's known for the popular visualization of Vic Rattlesnake, the Megadeth mascot.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Malcolm

Re: Death

Post by Malcolm »

Got a lead on the orange on ebay for a way better price. Reasonable $4 shipping + $26, or about $20 cheaper than Nuclear Blast.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Fucking mega zen tits. The first 3 arrived today.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Hah. This is the first reissue where they cut out any mention of the faux rhythm guitarist, John Hand. Credits are gone, photos are gone, bio's gone. Damnatio memoriae.