NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Baker speaks on the Beckham situation.

Ruggs was going 156MPH while driving drunk (over twice the Nevada limit) when he killed a woman and her dog. They both burned alive.

Ruggs has already been released by the Raiders.

Fuck him. Let him rot in jail forever knowing the damage he has done.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

I wonder if Rogers regrets not getting vaccinated now
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:59 pm Rodgers claimed in August he was vaxed.
"immunized" which maybe means he already got the alpha version?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Rodgers, 37, had an alternate treatment prior to the start of training camp, sources told ESPN, and he then petitioned the NFL for that treatment to allow him to be considered the same as someone who received one of the approved vaccinations. After a lengthy back-and-forth, the league, the players union and an infectious disease consultant approved by both parties heard Rodgers' case for an exemption and ruled that he would not get the same consideration and would be considered unvaccinated.
Ohhh. he used homeopathy. head-desk
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

The infectious disease consultant was right.

I sure do hope he's ready to play by next season! Right Stranger! :D
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

I am having a fantasy dilemma...

N. Harris home against Chicago is projected for 21, and I'm not touching him as he is the focal point of the Steelers' offense.

However, I've got:
M. Carter had double digit points the past four weeks, but is on the road against the #1 D against RBs DVOA.
M. Gaskins had a monster 31 point week 4 weeks ago, but two single digit weeks in that time. He's home against a bum Houston defense.

Right now I have Gaskins in the lineup. I just feel like he has more upside as Indy is less likely to be caught off guard by the Jets' intern QB.

Wish I had Matthew Berry on speed dial.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:20 pm M. Carter had double digit points the past four weeks, but is on the road against the #1 D against RBs DVOA.
M. Gaskins had a monster 31 point week 4 weeks ago, but two single digit weeks in that time. He's home against a bum Houston defense.
The nice thing about Carter is that he can catch a ball, and his QB is going to love check-downs, which should help make up for the RB D.

Pretty 50/50...
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

I'm going to go with the matchup Gaskins has and then hang myself as Carter runs for 6 TDs tonight.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Toney seems pretty ignorant. Not dumb as the kid is just showing heart and caring for a fellow WR, but this is a bad take on Ruggs.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:11 pm Toney seems pretty ignorant. Not dumb as the kid is just showing heart and caring for a fellow WR, but this is a bad take on Ruggs.
Don't be mad at the person who recklessly killed someone else while speeding + driving drunk with a loaded gun in the car?
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:13 pm
Leisher wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:11 pm Toney seems pretty ignorant. Not dumb as the kid is just showing heart and caring for a fellow WR, but this is a bad take on Ruggs.
Don't be mad at the person who recklessly killed someone else while speeding + driving drunk with a loaded gun in the car?
"Yeah, no need to drag him because he already feels bad!"

Just about the worst take imaginable.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

OBJ + Browns working on a release. I hope step 1 is not paying him a damned thing.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:45 am OBJ + Browns working on a release. I hope step 1 is not paying him a damned thing.
So he's going to need to clear waivers first and that team would need to pick up his remaining salary before he can become a free agent. I'm hearing the Browns wanted to make his salary something that would be attractive to a team on the waiver wire, so they converted his salary to a signing bonus thus making his remaining salary the league minimum. The last thing Cleveland wants to see is for him to go to a contender or even worse, the Ravens or Steelers..

Waiver order works much like fantasy football, worst team has first choice. Currently that team would be the Detroit Lions, who has John Dorsey in their front office. The same guy who traded for OBJ in the first place! OH GOD PLEASE LET HIM GO TO DETROIT!!
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

That would be pretty funny.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Rodgers decides to be a bit of a jackass, blames wokes for... something?
"I realize I'm in the crosshairs of the woke mob right now," Rodgers said. "So, before my final nail gets put in my cancel culture casket, I think I would like to set the record straight on so many of the blatant lies that are out there about myself."
Rodgers said the media was on a "witch hunt" to find out which players were vaccinated and blamed reporters for him saying he was "immunized" back in August.
The quarterback will not play in the Packers game against the Kansas City Chiefs this weekend due to Covid-19 protocols, the team's head coach Matt LaFleur announced Wednesday.
The 37-year-old Rodgers said if any reporter would have asked a follow-up question, he would have explained he's "not an anti-vax flat earther," but that he's a "critical thinker."
Also, this phrase is basically the same as "doing your own research" these days.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Deadspin has more on Rodgers' diatribe
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

I wonder if Falcons fans are having flashbacks: https://www.espn.com/nfl/game?gameId=401326458 Maybe they can pull it off.

WTF happened to Dallas today?

Giants win... Buffalo losing to Jax...