MLB

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

The 40-40 club has been a thing for a while: https://www.baseball-almanac.com/hitting/hi4040c.shtml as well as the 30-30: https://www.baseball-almanac.com/hitting/hi3030c.shtml

40-70 just seems like reaching.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:24 pm 40-70 just seems like reaching.
Got to sell clicks.

Although the fact that he's the only member is probably significant.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

MLB

Post by Cakedaddy »

I'm betting he was the only member of the 39-69 club too.
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:58 pm I'm betting he was the only member of the 39-69 club too.
Nice.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:19 pm
Leisher wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:06 pm Trevor Bauer suspended for TWO SEASONS for sexually assaulting and being violent with a single woman.

Wow. The Cleveland Browns and Deshaun Watson can't be thrilled about that news.
Bauer, 31, was accused of sexual assault by a San Diego woman who requested a restraining order and essentially alleged that he took consensual rough sex too far over the course of two encounters last April and May. An L.A. judge denied the woman a permanent restraining order in August, and the L.A. County District Attorney's Office declined to file criminal charges in February. But MLB, which has the autonomy to suspend players without a criminal conviction, also looked into at least one other incident of alleged sexual assault with a woman from Ohio.
I don't love the 2 year ban based on this.
At the conclusion of a four-day hearing on Aug. 19, L.A. Superior Court Judge Dianna Gould-Saltman dissolved the temporary restraining order, ruling that Bauer did not pose a continual threat to the woman and that her injuries were not the result of anything she verbally objected to before or during the encounter, pointing to texts from the woman in which she asked to be choked out.

The judge said the "injuries as shown in the photographs are terrible," but added: "If she set limits and he exceeded them, this case would've been clear. But she set limits without considering all the consequences, and respondent did not exceed limits that the petitioner set."
Yeah, this is crap.
Trevor Bauer finally gets a chance to tell his side. This is the same shit that girl pulled on Tyson. She told the other girls in the limo exactly what she was going to do and then did it and somehow they were blocked from testifying.

If you're rich, video and audio recordings anytime you bring home a new woman are essential.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:28 pm If you're rich, video and audio recordings anytime you bring home a new woman are essential.
Of course, two party consent in many states for audio (and video?)
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:41 am
Leisher wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:28 pm If you're rich, video and audio recordings anytime you bring home a new woman are essential.
Of course, two party consent in many states for audio (and video?)
I'd hang a sign at the entrance stating all rooms are monitored via audio and video. Probably also have a consent document waiting to be signed on an iPad that sends directly to the cloud. There are far too many gold digging whores in the world, and for some reason it's socially acceptable. Additionally, a woman can ruin a man's life with a mere allegation, but when the truth comes out faces no consequences.

Fuck, why are they so oppressed!?
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

Apparently the World Series ended last night?

Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

I heard the ratings were not impressive.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

Me: Sure, but they'll build a dome or retractable roof or something
While the A's released renderings of a Las Vegas stadium, they did not include a dome or retractable roof, which would be necessary to combat the city's summer heat.
Oh... oh noes.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

To be fair, it could be an absolutely brilliant home field advantage strategy. Imagine all of your players being used to the heat, while opponents come in and suffer.
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:44 pm To be fair, it could be an absolutely brilliant home field advantage strategy. Imagine all of your players being used to the heat, while opponents come in and suffer.
True.

But at the end of the day, I figured all the Vegas pushes were for fans to fly in and watch in a fun town instead of their hometown.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:47 pm But at the end of the day, I figured all the Vegas pushes were for fans to fly in and watch in a fun town instead of their hometown.
That's definitely a huge part of it. Although, why any fan would want to sit in that sweltering heat...
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Don't blame the ump. The catcher lost the game. The 2nd baseman is the only kid who had a clue the game wasn't over. When the catcher drops the 3rd strike, it's a live ball. That's why you always see players make an attempt to run them out at every level. The catcher brain farts and doesn't throw to first to end the game. All the baserunners just keep running and win.
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Good for him. I hope he's smart enough to avoid the gold diggers.
TheCatt
Site Admin

MLB

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:42 pm Good for him. I hope he's smart enough to avoid the gold diggers.
Does this mean he can sleep with 1400 chicks at one time?
Cakedaddy

MLB

Post by Cakedaddy »

If he's got 700 million, I figure he could hook that up. Cause chicks dig dudes with money.
Leisher
Site Admin

MLB

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:32 pm If he's got 700 million, I figure he could hook that up. Cause chicks dig dudes with money.
Cake, you're not allowed to talk about things like that. You're only allowed to discuss how men are "the problem".