Soccer

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 1:14 pm Balogun to join USMNT.
Feels like a pretty big win for the USA.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by Leisher »

I'm not up to date on soccer as much as Troy, but yes it does.

I think we still need a coach though?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by TheCatt »

USA-Mexico got a little chippy.
Tempers flared just before the 70-minute mark as Mexico’s César Montes aggressively kicked out at Folarin Balogun, resulting in a red card, before Weston McKennie – who had his shirt torn in the ensuing scuffle – was also sent off for his role in the melee.

Fifteen minutes later, Mexico defender Gerardo Arteaga and USMNT star Sergiño Dest were both shown straight red cards for pushing each other during another altercation between the two teams.

The USMNT will now face Canada in the Concacaf Nations League final on Sunday.
So they finished 9v9. And the game was called a few minutes early.
Leisher
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by Leisher »

Mexico REALLY hates gay people apparently. They just cannot stop chanting anti-gay stuff at soccer games.

Berhalter returning as USMNT coach.
Troy

Soccer

Post by Troy »

Mexico (players and fans) are just really mad that our two programs are going in wildly different trajectories, despite a history of a pretty balanced rivalry.

USA debuted a young stud we stole from England, beat the pants off Mexico in the game itself, and did it all with an assistant coach playing the role of head coach (his first time doing that).

Mexico never looked up for it, haven't beaten us since 2019, and the frustration from fans and players was obvious in the violent and belligerent conduct by both.

Sucks to suck, Mexico.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by TheCatt »

USA! USA! USA!
Leisher
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by Leisher »

I legit wondered if, because it was such a rout, if someone in Mexico would get killed or vanish in a month or two in "unrelated circumstances". Drug lords are sports fans too...
Leisher
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by Leisher »

FIFA chief is begging NZ citizens to buy tickets to the WWC.

Maybe Megan Rapinoe can go on live TV there are tell them how they're all sexist?
Leisher
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by Leisher »

Carli Llyod says the USWNT lacks passion.

This is after they tied 21st ranked Portugal to finish second in the group.

I think they probably lack chemistry and cohesion, as well as, passion. There are a few new members to the squad, and more than one of the team's leaders seems to have been more focused on politics than soccer over the past few years.
Leisher
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by Leisher »

If I never hear from Megan Rapinoe again, it'll be too soon.

She is the living embodiment of "cunt".
Leisher
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 11:45 am Star's dad dies hours later.
That totally sucks. That woman played her heart out, and now to have this crushing pain. I'm here for all the comfort she may need.
Leisher
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:10 pm I'm here for all the comfort she may need.
I'm reminded of the Family Guy joke about romcoms: "Because all of your problems can be solved by my penis."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:45 pm
TheCatt wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:10 pm I'm here for all the comfort she may need.
I'm reminded of the Family Guy joke about romcoms: "Because all of your problems can be solved by my penis."
I mean, sounds right to me.
Leisher
Site Admin

Soccer

Post by Leisher »

English star getting blasted for going to Saudi team.

Like I say about the LIV folks, go get paid, but don't lie about your purpose there. You sold your soul and the only person that believes your reasoning for doing so is you. And I'd wager even you don't believe it.

"Saudi Arabia is an Islamic country and has been forever. They still execute homosexuals, but I will change their ways with my attitude changing soccer skills!"