NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:17 pm
Leisher wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:16 pm OSU doesn't even know who their starting QB is and we start @ #9 ND.
Well, UND is always over-rated, so enjoy the cream puff schedule!
I don't see UNC on our schedule?

I just looked and we open @ Indiana. ND got moved to the fourth game? They also stuck Minnesota between MSU and TTUN. They should have copied Bama and stuck Western Kentucky there. :D
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

NMSt loses top recruit.

The real reasoning for posting is this:
Last month, Mike Peake, the player seen in a video shooting a student from University of New Mexico, also entered the portal. Peake has not been charged with a crime for the shooting in Albuquerque that killed University of New Mexico student Brandon Travis on Nov. 19, 2022.
Why?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

NCAA makes changes for football to "keep the game moving".

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... irst-downs

The no stoppage on 1st down except last 2 minutes of a half seems like a fine compromise.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Yeah, I'm fine with that.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Deion is racebaiting over the draft.

If the kids wanted to be noticed enough to be drafted, then they shouldn't be playing at a HBCU because nobody cares about those schools. FYI, this is the same Deion Sanders who said he'd put HBCU schools on the map and make people pay attention to them only to leave for Colorado and take all the players he recruited with him.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:08 pm FYI, this is the same Deion Sanders who said he'd put HBCU schools on the map and make people pay attention to them only to leave for Colorado and take all the players he recruited with him.
Yeah, just wtf?
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Early football rankings
21.UNC
6. Bama
5. FSU
4. LSU
3. OSU
2. UofM
1. Georgia

!RmindMe 12/5/2023
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

CFP adding another Jan 1 game.

They just give no fucks how many non-sports fans they piss off. Ha!

This last NYE, that OSU FG attempt was being kicked right when the clock hit midnight EST.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Georgia declines WH invite.

Scheduling conflicts? Weird.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 7:55 pm Huggins uses gay slur during interview.
Salary reduced $1M.

That's a pretty big punishment, but is it also a cop out? He's still making $3.2M and WVU gets to keep their HC.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Lebron and Rodman's kids both heading to USC.

USC will be loaded...with names.

Rodman wasn't lighting up his old school and despite ESPN claiming Bronny will be a lottery pick, he would need to make a HUGE leap to get there. That opinion is from league executives who reacted very negatively to ESPN making that claim.

When has a son ever surpassed the father in athletics? I'm sure it has happened, but it's rare and certainly has never happened with a legend, that I can remember.

The father comes from nothing. Sometimes poverty. Sometimes a different country. Sometimes just being told he doesn't fit the mold. And so on. The father is driven to change his life and to prove people wrong.

The son comes from riches and has high expectations based on their father. There's no "need" driving them, just a resentment for always being compared to their dads.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

I mean, the Mannings have to be example #1. Dad wasn't quite a rockstar, iirc, but was a starter in the NFL and a pro bowler at some point. Clay Matthews, Fielder in baseball, Kobe Bryant, Alou... Not sure who the best athlete dad in that group is
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

But was dad a legend in those examples? And shit, I had that in as a qualifier, but realized I removed it. Not that Rodman was a legend, but he was definitely an all star. I think Fielder might be a good one, but I don't know enough about baseball to say if his dad was a "legend" or just remembered for being really fat and able to hit.

Using Archie Manning as an example:
Manning retired with a pitiful 35-101-3 record as a starter while posting a 67.1 quarterback rating and being named to two Pro Bowls. Manning obviously never won a Super Bowl.
Obviously there are always exceptions, but I think it's rare for a kid to surpass their dad's achievements in the sports world.

Long story short: A last name is not indicative of skill.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Mannings team sucked donkey. He was much better than that team. But not a legend

Looks like you copied those stats from a site called "50 best qbs to not win a Superbowl"

Remember how different the NFL was in the 70s on terms of free agency and whatnot. And the saints were a new team.

He's in the college HoF iirc, for whatever that is worth.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 11:47 am Looks like you copied those stats from a site called "50 best qbs to not win a Superbowl"
Nope. I copied it from Google, which copied it from that site. :D

I wonder if there has ever been a study done to get actual percentages or ratios of famous _______ to follow in their parents' footsteps and what their success rate is?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 2:28 pm
TheCatt wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 11:47 am Looks like you copied those stats from a site called "50 best qbs to not win a Superbowl"
Nope. I copied it from Google, which copied it from that site. :D

I wonder if there has ever been a study done to get actual percentages or ratios of famous _______ to follow in their parents' footsteps and what their success rate is?
Good question. I’d guess low. Higher when the criteria are more subjective, or connections matter more, though.