NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Stranger

NCAA

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: Saban's daughter is an idiot.

You know Nick chewed her ass out. This is the same daughter who got arrested physically assaulting a sorority sister.
She must not remember the last time we played Alabama with our backup to the backup QB.. Careful what you wish for sweety
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

I saw yesterday that there are more players in the transfer portal than there are open roster spots in the NCAA.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I saw yesterday that there are more players in the transfer portal than there are open roster spots in the NCAA.
I wonder if the #s are off due to the extra year of eligibility thing.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Tennessee investigating their football program.

What's worse than cheating to win titles?

Cheating and being a bottom feeder.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: What's worse than cheating to win titles?

Cheating and being a bottom feeder.
You probably have to cheat pretty well to get up there, then it takes care of itself.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Harbaugh officially signed his extension.

I also see that he is going to take over coaching QBs next year.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Harbaugh officially signed his extension.

I also see that he is going to take over coaching QBs next year.
Wow. Just wow.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Jim Harbaugh is on the clearance rack now. He’s day-old doughnuts. When he was hired it was for $8M per year. He is re-signing at $4M. He is now the 10th highest paid coach in the B1G.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Since the relevant part of the 2020 season is over, preseason rankings for 2021
Football - OSU #5; UNC #6

!RmindMe 12/31/2021
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

First of all, only 3 SEC teams in the top 10? ESPN's poll will fix that!

Secondly, Georgia gets WAY too much credit. They're the Mike Tomlin of college. Nobody else has done less with more.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Re: NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

I could have sworn a football game was scheduled for last night.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:23 am I could have sworn a football game was scheduled for last night.
You could have let OSU know.

Not the result I wanted, but still proud of those kids. They had everything against them from the start, yet still fought hard to get in that position. Plus, they embarrassed Clemson on the way, so that was awesome.

Here's all the kids who couldn't play yesterday thanks to covid.
CB Cam Brown
DL Jacolbe Cowan
K Dominic DiMaccio
DT Ty Hamilton
WR Jaylen Harris
K Blake Haubeil
OT Dawand Jones
LB Cade Kacherski
LB Mitchell Melton
DE Tyreke Smith
DT Tommy Togiai
SAF Kourt Williams
RB Miyan Williams
Togiai was the biggest loss at noseguard. If you know anything about football, then you understand the importance of the center and the noseguard as the keys to your lines. OSU's 2nd ranked run defense wasn't the same without him.

One last note: I didn't love Coombs' defensive game plan. He did not impress this year, but he also lost a ton of talent, so we'll see what he does next year with a reloaded and more mature secondary.

See you next year!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:00 am See you next year!
Hard for me to buy #6 for UNC. We finished at #18, our recruiting is around #13 past two years. We do have a pretty great QB. But I'd imagine somewhere around #10. A lot will hinge on how we play against UND. They and Miami are going to be our 2 toughest games.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Miami will be weakened by opening with Bama.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:36 am Miami will be weakened by opening with Bama.
If Miami won that, and lost to us - perfection! :)
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Respect from and to Najee.

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:15 am
Leisher wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:00 am See you next year!
Hard for me to buy #6 for UNC. We finished at #18, our recruiting is around #13 past two years. We do have a pretty great QB. But I'd imagine somewhere around #10. A lot will hinge on how we play against UND. They and Miami are going to be our 2 toughest games.
ESPN mostly agrees. OSU #5 UNC #7
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

O'Brien to replace Sark in Bama.

O'Brien's not the most well liked guy. This will be interesting.