NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

An attorney representing Jeremy Pruitt has given University of Tennessee officials until Oct. 29 to reach a financial settlement with the former Vols football coach, or face a lawsuit that he says will include details of myriad NCAA rules violations in the football program and other sports and result in debilitating NCAA sanctions.
Uh, isn't that blackmail?
"As we have previously discussed, a public lawsuit with its related discovery, document productions, depositions, disclosures, and court filings is a no-win situation for UT," Lyons wrote in the letter, which was obtained by ESPN on Tuesday through an open records request. "Even if UT prevails on its claimed defenses to the contract, which is unlikely, the public revelations from the lawsuit will invariably embarrass UT, its athletics department and the administration. All of the parties to this dispute should try to avoid that."
And shouldn't that information come out anyway?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:08 pm
Leisher wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:49 pm I'll guess Bama.

A more recent visit and fewer OL in their program.
Bama has the most OL commits. UNC/UVA have the fewest.
Per your link though, Bama has only 10 OL rostered.

Also, yes and yes.

I do not understand how lawyers are allowed to make blackmail threats, but regular people can't. I remember when Gloria Allred (or whatever her name is) went after the guy who played Angel. She publicly stated she would reveal his secrets if he didn't reach some financial settlement with her client. Instead he went public and admitted infidelity to his wife.

How is that shit legal?

Also, the NCAA should open an investigation based on that lawyer's statement.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:12 pm
TheCatt wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:08 pm
Leisher wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:49 pm I'll guess Bama.

A more recent visit and fewer OL in their program.
Bama has the most OL commits. UNC/UVA have the fewest.
Per your link though, Bama has only 10 OL rostered.
Well, maybe I don't know how to read my link, asshole! :D

I thought it was "offers / accepted" not "on roster / commits"... dude should go to UNC and be a star.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Best team in SC finally loses
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:15 pm dude should go to UNC and be a star.
He listened!
BREAKING: Tar Heels Land Five-Star Offensive Lineman Zach Rice
Those Virginia boys love Dre Bly.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:04 pmHe listened!
Congrats!

I heard Clemson just had a RB quit the team and two other players entered the transfer portal. Clemson has fallen apart since Dabo ranked OSU #11. :D
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:53 pm
TheCatt wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:04 pmHe listened!
Congrats!

I heard Clemson just had a RB quit the team and two other players entered the transfer portal. Clemson has fallen apart since Dabo ranked OSU #11. :D
That's 2 top 10 recruits for UNC. Also, I don't know if it's the players or the coaching of the O-Line, but something has to improve there.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

1-5 Kansas is beating 7-0 Oklahoma 10-0 at the half. Did Oklahoma start their band this week?
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

17-7 at the end of the 3rd and then Kansas started choking.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:48 pm 17-7 at the end of the 3rd and then Kansas started choking.
BAH
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Unimpressive win by Cincinatti, going to be hard to convince the voters that they belong, undefeated or not, against a 1 loss SEC/B10 team. PSU looking terrible against Illinois.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

I won money on that Cincy game. You can't give Navy +28 points. That offense is slow and plodding. All their games are low scoring. They rarely ever got housed.

PSU needed 9 OTs to lose. The worst part was combined the teams didn't break 40 points. IN 9 OVERTIMES!!!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:07 pm PSU needed 9 OTs to lose. The worst part was combined the teams didn't break 40 points. IN 9 OVERTIMES!!!!
When did they change all overtimes past 2 to be just a 2 pt converison?

- edit - Apparently this year
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Yeah, new rule and it's absolutely terrible.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

OSU O lineman donating all of his NIL money.

James Franklin seems completely checked out. Although he claims there is no distraction. TTUN blog thinks their team is comparable to the NC 2002 OSU team.

This weekend will be interesting as they face their first real test in MSU, who is also facing their first real test.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:08 am TTUN blog thinks their team is comparable to the NC 2002 OSU team.

This weekend will be interesting as they face their first real test in MSU, who is also facing their first real test.
Play a real team, then we can talk, Michiganders.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TTUN's starting QB's pass chart for all 7 games so far:
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

If I could legally bet, I'd put $100 on UND to cover vs UNC.

3.5 pts seems pretty low considering.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Did someone at UND get hurt? Want me to cover that bet for you?