NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

ESPN talking head is upset about the B1G, Pac-12, and ACC alliance.

I'm telling you, this is all about stopping ESPN's plans to make their conference the most powerful. Any sports fan with a brain, so not most SEC fans, should HATE ESPN's moves here because it's anti-competition and against everything that sports is supposed to be about. They're trying to turn college football into the NBA where only certain teams really have any sort of chance to win...you know, more than it already is like that.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:03 pm This is who UNC needs to get now. !Rmindme 8/22/2021
Heels! (over Clemson) Travis Shaw
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Alliance officially announced.

ESPN is big time mad.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:30 pm Alliance officially announced.

ESPN is big time mad.
The important part is at the end
Specifically, the conferences are reportedly expected to push for delaying College Football Playoff expansion until the CFP's media rights can be bid on by multiple television partners, as ESPN will be the SEC's exclusive television partner in 2024 and would have exclusive negotiating rights to continue televising the playoff if it expands before the end of its current 12-year contract, which runs through 2025. The conferences could also propose changes to the 12-team playoff model that was recommended earlier this year, as the working group that constructed that proposal did not include representatives from any of their conferences.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

I wonder which conference ESPN would be pushing to get as many teams into the CFP as possible if they had the rights to the SEC and the CFP?

The Big-12 commish's claims of ESPN tampering seem a lot more credible at this point.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:31 pm The Big-12 commish's claims of ESPN tampering seem a lot more credible at this point.
What does tampering even mean?

I read the contractual argument the B12 has, and it's boilerplate crap, you know, based on that 1 law class I had once. But the impair clause is standard,

Even if they did violate the contract, it's civil, have some damages.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Basically, the Big12 commish said ESPN was behind Oklahoma and Texas' move to the SEC. They were the ones who came up with the plan and put it all into action. ESPN denied it, but it seems pretty clear that they were indeed the ones who instigated this whole thing.

There is no entity on the planet that is more anti-sports and anti-fair competition right now than ESPN.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:34 am Basically, the Big12 commish said ESPN was behind Oklahoma and Texas' move to the SEC. They were the ones who came up with the plan and put it all into action. ESPN denied it, but it seems pretty clear that they were indeed the ones who instigated this whole thing.
Sure, but I don't think that's wrong/prohibited from the contract. B12 is dead.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:41 am Sure, but I don't think that's wrong/prohibited from the contract.
I'm not implying anything illegal, just very unethical. Although, the other TV networks might argue otherwise considering this could have been seen as a move to lock them out of the CFP. Not to mention this is a direct attack on the Longhorn network.
TheCatt wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:41 amB12 is dead.
Very dead.

I'm still seeing the rumor that the following will happen:
-WVU to the ACC
-KU and ISU to the B1G
-OkSt and KSU to Pac-12
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:07 am I'm still seeing the rumor that the following will happen:
-WVU to the ACC
-KU and ISU to the B1G
-OkSt and KSU to Pac-12
I think they're waiting it out. They have to either wait 3 years, or all come to some kind of "this is dead, let's move on" agreement.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Got to give the Pac-12, in particular, credit for this alliance. This was a big baller move to block E$ECPN from basically taking total control of the sport.

ND mascot is offensive.

Called it! :D
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:58 am Got to give the Pac-12, in particular, credit for this alliance. This was a big baller move to block E$ECPN from basically taking total control of the sport.

ND mascot is offensive.

Called it! :D
I'm sorry, but Hawaii's mascot is just fucking awesome.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

I hope Scott Frost invested his contract $$ wisely.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Scandals and a loss to Illinois. Oof.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Bama's freshman QB got $800k.

OSU's gets $1.4M.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:07 pm Bama's freshman QB got $800k.

OSU's gets $1.4M.
I would have done some very stupid things with that kinda money in college.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:11 pm
Leisher wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:07 pm Bama's freshman QB got $800k.

OSU's gets $1.4M.
I would have done some very stupid things with that kinda money in college.
I'd be dead.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

The chick in the tweet below (go later) is a huge OSU supporter and has been been pointed out as such by some big sports outlets (in a good way). Georgia fans have been attacking her non-stop lately, not sure why, but their big attack point is that OSU kept Fields over Burrow. They honestly claim this is "the biggest QB competition mistake in college football history".

There is no mention of Burrow's leg injury that helped seal the deal. No mention of the OSU fanbase's support of Burrow to LSU, which LSU fans have pointed out and were very impressed by.

Let's pause here to remind the audience that Fields would have faced Burrow for the title if ESPN/SEC officials hadn't rigged the OSU/Clemson game. Fields then went on to crush Clemson the following year and lost to Bama in the title game. Let's also point out that Burrows' first year at LSU with the same players was not very impressive and then they got that coach who is now with the Carolina Panthers.

Burrow's college stats
Field's college stats

They were both great players, and there was no wrong answer. Fields could have been the one to transfer to LSU and could have had the same results as Burrow.

Anyway, the weird thing about these Georgia idiots never discuss where Fields came from... That's right, Georgia let him go in favor of Jack Fromm. How many CFP games did Fromm lead Georgia to? Where's he at now?
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Hey Catt...

Minnesota's kick returner is a transfer from UNC.

OSU's kicker is a transfer from UNC.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Left OSU instead of competing with Fields. Transferred. Didn't win any starting job at Miami. Transferred. Isn't playing at UNLV.

Feel bad for this kid. He should probably have tried to go to DII.