NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Meanwhile, UNC falls to 10, but is the universal 5th seed (top #2 seed) in everyone's NCAA bracket. Including the NCAAs.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Brawl during handshake line after game.

I truly believe physical altercations between athletes need to start going to law enforcement. Let's stop pretending it's just heat of the moment emotions.

We need to set a tone before the scene from The Last Boy Scout plays out in real life.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Yea, law enforcement + a permanent ban from the team. Maybe only a year, i dunno. depends on exactly what they did.
Cakedaddy

NCAA

Post by Cakedaddy »

Leisher wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:37 pm We need to set a tone before the scene from The Last Boy Scout plays out in real life.
This belongs more in the gambling thread than this one. He had to score because of "a lot of money riding on the game. . . threat, threat, threat".

Also, did his touchdown count?

What about hockey?
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:01 pm This belongs more in the gambling thread than this one. He had to score because of "a lot of money riding on the game. . . threat, threat, threat".
Fair. I probably should have used the recent murder in the Euro hockey league.
Cakedaddy wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:01 pm Also, did his touchdown count?
No, I think the game was forfeited.
Cakedaddy wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:01 pm What about hockey?
Mutual combatant laws still apply. If they both want to throw hands, let them, but there's financial and criminal reasons they shouldn't go too far.

Juwan Howard sucker punching an opposing coach. Draymond Green sucker punching an opponent during a game. Miles Garrett trying to hit Mason Rudolph's head with a helmet. These are the types of violence that has no place in any game.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

I didn't realize UConn got beat by almost 20.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:56 am I didn't realize UConn got beat by almost 20.
Yeah that's quite shocking, though par for the course this year. Everyone's got flaws.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Manziel talking about A&M paying him $3M to stay.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

UofM football player lets storage locker bill go unpaid. The video says the player was drafted in 1st round of 2023 draft, according to this it must be Mazi Smith.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

My big takeaway from that video is young men are messy, unorganized and waste money.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:07 am My big takeaway from that video is young men are messy, unorganized and waste money.
well, he's a first round draft pick, so probably didn't care with his new money. $6 million signing bonus and $6 million more salary over 4 years
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

OSU self reports four minor violations.

Reminders for our TCUN fan:
-All teams are supposed to self report when they become aware of an issue and most teams do each year.
-Every one of those programs have more integrity than your entire school and fanbase. (Except you.)
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Amen.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

That proposal seems dumb.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

That's a little crazy.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

It's nuts. OSU plays TCUN today. They should win, which means they would have only lost a single game since Holtman was fired. If they get to the third round of the B1G tourney or better, they might move from "first out" to a 13-14 seed.

Also, is this Juwan Howard's last game as TCUN's coach?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:51 pm Also, is this Juwan Howard's last game as TCUN's coach?
Sure should be. At least his final season.