NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 2:42 pm or connections matter more, though.
We would absolutely have to leave Hollywood out of the equation. It's kind of funny that they make fun of rednecks so much when they're actually far more inbreed than rednecks. Everyone is related to everyone out there.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

NCAA

Post by Cakedaddy »

What about the Ken Griffey's? Was the dad a super star? Did the kid outshine?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 10:06 pm What about the Ken Griffey's? Was the dad a super star? Did the kid outshine?
So Senior was a 3 time all star, 18 year career, some World Series. But no HoF. Kid made the HoF. Dad was certainly super good, not sure what our threshold for super star is?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Stetson Bennett spent 7 years attending the University of Georgia and never graduated.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Went to a charity dinner tonight. The speakers were Coach Tressel and Kirk Herbstreit.

Tressel still has all the charisma you would expect.

The biggest takeaways:
-Kirk went on for a bit about how broken NIL is and how we need to basically destroy the whole system to fix it. This is because the NCAA is toothless and we need a new governing body agreed upon by the Power 5. He said 2023 is the last year we'll see of the old system. 2024 changes everything and it will be heavily influenced by the B1G and SEC. (FYI, he was not anti-NIL.)
-Best part of the NIL talk was them pointing out how the whole conversation began with people wanting schools to share the revenue. Well, NIL isn't that, so schools still aren't sharing their revenue with players.
-USC actually did offer Harrison Jr $2M to go play there next year.
-Tressel did not prepare that "You'll be proud of us in 310 days" speech. It was improvised. He didn't even expect to speak at that game.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

UNC Ultimate (Darkside - Men; Pleiades - Women) have each won their 3rd straight college championship! Pleiades hasn't lost in > 1,000 days.

I was a founding member of the Darkside.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Congrats to UNC! (I had to Google to confirm my guess that it was about frisbees.)
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 6:27 pm Congrats to UNC! (I had to Google to confirm my guess that it was about frisbees.)
UNIVERSITY OF NATIONAL CHAMPS! :)
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 6:50 pm
Leisher wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 6:27 pm Congrats to UNC! (I had to Google to confirm my guess that it was about frisbees.)
UNIVERSITY OF NATIONAL CHAMPS! :)
Don't make me change that C to something else...
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 7:29 pm Don't make me change that C to something else...
Says the guy who's school has THE douchey THE.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 9:07 pm
Leisher wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 7:29 pm Don't make me change that C to something else...
Says the guy who's school has THE douchey THE.
True, but we're not Cunts... :D
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

SEC (The C is for cowards or cheaters, pick one)dump divisions, but stay at 8 conference games.

Harbaugh makes more excuses about the Glenn Schembechler hire.

My favorite part is this:
He conceded in a statement that he engaged in "flippant behavior on Twitter," which included numerous offensive and insensitive posts, including several suggesting slavery and Jim Crow had the positive effect of strengthening Black individuals and families.
Someone please, I'm begging you, explain to me the difference between Jim Crow laws and "Safe Spaces" where minorities can go to be away from white people or any of the other dozens of new things that are "blacks only".
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:19 pm Someone please, I'm begging you, explain to me the difference between Jim Crow laws and "Safe Spaces" where minorities can go to be away from white people or any of the other dozens of new things that are "blacks only".
1) The magnitude of Jim Crow laws. 17 states had segregation laws. Separate schools, separate parts of transportation (busses / trains), no inter-racial marriage (felony), White female nurses couldn't care for black male patients, couldn't intermingle by law, etc, etc. The scale and impact of these laws was at least 10,000x the "safe spaces." And separate sure wasn't equal.
2) Electivity of the minority. Blacks are choosing to have a space for themselves, instead of being forced into inferior ones. That being said, the main point is #1. The scale of "safe spaces" is almost nothing.
Leisher wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:58 pm Bub Huggins has a drinking problem, resigns, and retires.
Guess that explains his ruddy cheeks.
Leisher wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:58 pm To join a 5 person QB room? Why?
Because he's better than the other 4. Or at least has more potential. What's more crazy to me is moving from the 2025 class to the 2023 class.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:25 am 1) The magnitude of Jim Crow laws. 17 states had segregation laws. Separate schools, separate parts of transportation (busses / trains), no inter-racial marriage (felony), White female nurses couldn't care for black male patients, couldn't intermingle by law, etc, etc. The scale and impact of these laws was at least 10,000x the "safe spaces." And separate sure wasn't equal.
2) Electivity of the minority. Blacks are choosing to have a space for themselves, instead of being forced into inferior ones. That being said, the main point is #1. The scale of "safe spaces" is almost nothing.
That's good reasoning and a great explanation, but one was fully implemented while the other is just in its infancy. Safe spaces are going to turn into self-created Jim Crow. We're already seeing colleges, apartment complexes, clothing lines, dating apps, neighborhoods, "safe spaces", concerts, art shows, etc. turning into "Blacks Only" events/places. This trend only gets worse.
TheCatt wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:25 am Because he's better than the other 4. Or at least has more potential. What's more crazy to me is moving from the 2025 class to the 2023 class.
We will see if that's true. Some of them might want to transfer out. I don't even know how his reclassification is going to work, but I'm guessing he wants to get to the NFL ($) as fast as possible.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 10:43 am That's good reasoning and a great explanation, but one was fully implemented while the other is just in its infancy. Safe spaces are going to turn into self-created Jim Crow. We're already seeing colleges, apartment complexes, clothing lines, dating apps, neighborhoods, "safe spaces", concerts, art shows, etc. turning into "Blacks Only" events/places. This trend only gets worse.
They won't. Dating apps - maybe. There's already so many ones targeted to sub-groups. But for the majority of those things: No, because they will violate federal law.
Leisher wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 10:43 am We will see if that's true. Some of them might want to transfer out. I don't even know how his reclassification is going to work, but I'm guessing he wants to get to the NFL ($) as fast as possible.
Gotta start that 3 year clock. But yeah, clear sign that of the 4 there, only 1 has a shot this year, and the other 3 should leave (or be happy as backups). And new guy is clearly heir apparent for the 2 years after this one.