NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Remember the #1 rated 5 star QB that committed to OSU, got a $1M NIL deal, then left for Texas because OSU wouldn't hand him the starting job over Heisman finalist CJ Stroud?
Rumors are strong in Texas that Hudson Card has beat out Ewers for the starting QB job.
And the next Manning just committed there and comes in next year I believe.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

SEC might almost be ready to play more of a big boy schedule.

Still got to stop playing DII teams the week before bigger games you pussies.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:10 pm SEC might almost be ready to play more of a big boy schedule.

Still got to stop playing DII teams the week before bigger games you pussies.
9 games makes sense, and means more $$$
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Hah!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

UNC better obliterate Florida A&M today: A&M lost 20 players due to eligibility issues.
North Carolina's season-opening home football game against Florida A&M will be played as scheduled on Saturday, according to spokespersons from both schools, but it was not a sure thing earlier Friday afternoon.

FAMU confirmed ABC 27's report the Rattlers will be without 20 players who are ineligible because of academic or transfer issues and that coach Willie Simmons left it up to the remaining players if they wanted to continue with the game.
I have no idea if any of those players are good/starters/whatnot.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Kirk Herbstreit: Nebraska to play B10 championship against OSU. That prediction is not aging well already, as they are barely beating Northwestern.

!RmindMe 12/1/2022

- edit - NU wins 31-28 over Nebraska. I don't think we need this rmindme, but I'll leave it for now :)
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Scott Frost won't last the whole season.

TTUN still doesn't know who to start at QB so they each get to start a game.

First time I've ever seen this type of coaching strategy. At first glance I want to bash it, but honestly, it might be motivating enough to make someone step up. Their schedule is pretty soft, so no worries about losing.

The concern is that you're telling your team that you really don't have full confidence in either and that you're not skilled enough to make a decision. It makes me wonder how the rest of the season will go. Anytime the starter struggles will the crowd be clamoring for the backup? Will every post-game be filled with "What if" questions?
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Desmond Howard's CFP picks. Let's see how good he is...

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:46 am Desmond Howard's CFP picks. Let's see how good he is...
I'm going to say 0 for 4.

UNC unimpressive against team with 3 starters and 22 backups
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy

NCAA

Post by Cakedaddy »

So is one of them supposed to step forward and say "No! Please don't cut the position in half! Let him have it!" Then Harbaough gives that person the position?
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Right? I've never seen platooning QBs work. In fact, it cost OSU a national title in 1997.

Got to pick one and stick with him to let your team know who their on field leader is. If the staff can't pick one, the team is going to be divided.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

This is hilarious and really disturbing.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Wow, OSU 17 point spread on Notre Dame?
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Notre Dame has a first time HC, who just said they need to key on stopping OSU's run (OSU has the best passing offense in the nation.), their QB situation isn't awesome and someone won the job by default, they just lost their #1 WR for the year and their WR corps was already weak, they lost coaches and talent in the offseason, and a lot of pundits like Paul Finebaum think ND at #5 is a joke and they're going to get routed.

However, OSU hasn't been awesome in night games at home in recent years. Sure they still won most, but they struggled. Is the D going to be that improved, and how could they not be after last year's disaster? Are OSU's O line troubles fixed? They're going to have dozens of top shelf recruits in that day visiting, so it's a HUGE game. The feeling I'm hearing is prevalent is that OSU is out to make a statement.

I have also heard the betting was heavy on ND, but the line opened at 13.5 and moved to 17.5 so that would indicate the money is on OSU. If betting was heavy on ND the number would get smaller.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

CFP to be 12 teams in 2026.
The 11 presidents and chancellors who comprise the CFP's Board of Managers approved the original 12-team model, which is the six highest-ranked conference champions, and six at-large teams.
So if the SEC and ESPN still control the room in 2026, it'll be 7 SEC schools and 5 champions of other conferences.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:40 pm So if the SEC and ESPN still control the room in 2026, it'll be 7 SEC schools and 5 champions of other conferences.
Sounds only fair.

If fairness mattered, the SEC would actually play big boy schedules like the other P5 conferences.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Va Tech gets the first embarrassing Power 5 loss of the season against ODU . They were only 6 point favorites, though, so not super bad.

UNC is actually an underdog to App State today, +2.5.