NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

B1G fans, families, and players continue to fight back. B1G commish's office has had no response so far, but I have heard some of the university presidents have gone into denial mode.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Saban says Big Ten is JV league.

OK, not quite what he said, but...
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

All I see is someone putting his own career over the health and freedom of his players.

Typical for someone from the South to be in favor of taking freedom from young black men.

In real news, OSU parents are marching on B1G HQ today demanding answers.

There are legit sources out there now saying there was never a vote and the season being cancelled was all at the call of Kevin Warren. Warren is the new B1G commish and came from the SEC. The SEC is where his son WILL PLAY FOOTBALL THIS FALL...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: All I see is someone putting his own career over the health and freedom of his players.

Typical for someone from the South to be in favor of taking freedom from young black men.
They can opt-out. They #WantToPlay, unlike those Northern pussies.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: They #WantToPlay, unlike those Northern pussies.
Of course they want to play! They don't get paid if they don't play.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlG8nBGs3z8

I feel like we wrote half that dialogue... and every other college football fan.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Geuice accused of 2 rapes back in LSU days
Two former LSU students say they were raped by former Washington Football Team running back Derrius Guice in 2016, when he was a freshman at the school, according to a report in USA Today.

The women told USA Today that Guice assaulted them in their own apartments following nights of heavy drinking.

The women said they shared their allegations with multiple people at LSU, including at least two coaches, an athletics administrator and a nurse. The women said the school failed to investigate and didn't interview them or potential witnesses.

The NFL team released Guice on Aug. 7, two hours after he was arrested on three separate domestic violence charges in Virginia.
Posting here instead of NFL due to that.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

UNC just suspended all athletic activities, but only 'temporarily'
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

The best part of that video is that they didn't even bother including the Pac-12.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... te-alabama

OSU #2... UNC #18. Don’t feel good about OSU’s chances of holding onto that slot, though :D
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Can't wait until OSU is declared 2020 co-champions in the spring with whomever wins the fall.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Can't wait until OSU is declared 2020 co-champions in the spring with whomever wins the fall.
They going to play North Dakota State for the Junior League Championship? :shock:
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: Can't wait until OSU is declared 2020 co-champions in the spring with whomever wins the fall.
They going to play North Dakota State for the Junior League Championship? :shock:
North Dakota State plays Clemson and Alabama, so...
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: North Dakota State plays Clemson and Alabama, so...
Please, Clemson + Bama wouldn't schedule a non-conference team that good.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Sadly, that's a fair point.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

21 cases in the Texas Tech football program today. It's starting a big hubbub because the word is they're still around the team.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

B1G's C-19 response has been horrific.

When the Pac-12 does it better than you, you've fucked up badly.

I've also heard the B1G presidents thought the ACC was going to be next to cancel, and got cocky about being the first league to cancel. That's from an SI interview I saw referenced, but didn't seek out.

I truly think at this point they're not reinstating the season because they're trying to save face. They are just sitting with their fingers crossed praying for outbreaks to cancel the people still playing.

There is a lot of talk that the B1G is now shooting for a winter league. That would be interesting, and could theoretically be played in enough time to get them into the playoffs.

The ACC's decision to play is more about cash than being able to protect players.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

I really think they should have tried. The monitoring protocols, what we know now about the virus, etc. Isolate the athletes a bit better than normal years, make them understand they follow the protocols or they play next year, etc. I'm still surprised they abandoned the season. Not terribly so, but more surprised than understanding.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: I really think they should have tried.
No argument here.

I think Kevin Warren needs to be fired immediately as well. He lied to the ADs and did not represent them when it was his job to do so. He has made the process as about nontransparent as possible. He's not meeting with parent groups that are rightfully livid. He keeps talking about a vote that nobody has proven even took place. He has a kid who WILL be playing football this fall at Miss St.

I'm just waiting for the Trump administration to hire him...