NBA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:20 am I am a fan of fantasy + betting. But I dislike what comes with it: 1) cheating, 2) fans getting mad at players.
Agree
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Huge NAME enters NBA draft.

I made "name" the key word there because all he has is papa's name.

If someone drafts him, they're trying to get dad.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Draft and portal... interesting
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Celtics-Bucks game sets a record.

The Bucks shot 2 free throws and the Celtics shot none. Only 4 fouls in the whole game.

Refs must have been asleep.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:02 am The Bucks shot 2 free throws and the Celtics shot none. Only 4 fouls in the whole game.
Strange.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

I don't know what this says about the NBA, but I do know what it says about sportsmanship and what it says about anyone involved in this sort of thing...

Cavs throw their final game to get a more favorable playoff matchup.

And their reward for winning that matchup will be the #1 East seed Boston Celtics. So, good job?

Advice that the Lakers should throw their play in game to avoid the #1 West seeded Denver Nuggets.

What's the logic here? Get an easier path to a later exit in the playoffs? If you don't have the team to win, then don't try to go as far as possible so your draft pick is better, right?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:42 am What's the logic here? Get an easier path to a later exit in the playoffs? If you don't have the team to win, then don't try to go as far as possible so your draft pick is better, right?
The later you wait to play the best team, the better the odds are as well that the best team will get upset first, and be out.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:55 am
Leisher wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:42 am What's the logic here? Get an easier path to a later exit in the playoffs? If you don't have the team to win, then don't try to go as far as possible so your draft pick is better, right?
The later you wait to play the best team, the better the odds are as well that the best team will get upset first, and be out.
Fair, but it's embarrassing and has to eat at you. Plus, how do you coach that?

"Hey guys, we suck, but if we act like cowards and let other people knock off the best maybe we can backdoor our way in a championship. Then you can have that eat at your psyche for the rest of your life. Don't worry, if you forget about it, people will constantly remind you."
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:59 am Fair, but it's embarrassing and has to eat at you. Plus, how do you coach that?
I wouldn't do it. I'm just saying... I dunno, I understand strategy, so I'd be OK with it, but I can see how people wouldn't want to just lose for anything.
Leisher
Site Admin

NBA

Post by Leisher »

Leisher wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:59 am The Jontay Porter story is bigger than we think.

Maybe not in a conspiracy theory way, but he's going to be someone that gets mentioned when famous sports gambling stuff gets discussed in the future.

Jontay is the 9th guy on a bad bball team. Yet the under for his performance was the most gambled prop bet for two Raptors games recently. In both games, he failed to hit the over and went out with an undisclosed illness or injury each time.

You can't get away with this shit anymore.
Lifetime ban.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NBA

Post by TheCatt »