Netflix

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Another dumb move by Netflix.

Damn, I just signed up and they're already throwing customer service out the window. This seems like a REALLY stupid move to me. Why force your customers to use their PC when you're doing everything you can to get them using Netflix on their TVs, Blu-Ray players, game consoles, etc.?

Not well thought out at all.

On the positive side of Netflix news:
They're getting the libraries from three more studios.
Adding more ABC shows. This is only cool because I'll watch the seasons of Scrubs I missed when I stopped watching. ABC, for me, is all about their Wednesday night lineup. I can't name any ABC shows that air on other days.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:Another dumb move by Netflix.

Damn, I just signed up and they're already throwing customer service out the window. This seems like a REALLY stupid move to me. Why force your customers to use their PC when you're doing everything you can to get them using Netflix on their TVs, Blu-Ray players, game consoles, etc.?
What's a DVD?
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote:Another dumb move by Netflix.

What's a DVD?
I was using that queue as a bookmark system to remind myself of things I stumbled upon but wanted to watch later.

I guess I could just keep a notebook next to the TV remote and write things down..............
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I was using that queue as a bookmark system to remind myself of things I stumbled upon but wanted to watch later.

Ditto.

What's a DVD?

When Netflix streams everything, we can make this a relevant question, until then DVDs are necessary. I went on last night looking for something to put in front of my kids for a few minutes and the first three shows I looked up were all unavailable for streaming.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I think I own 1 DVD. I've never had any need for it.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote:I went on last night looking for something to put in front of my kids for a few minutes and the first three shows I looked up were all unavailable for streaming.
My kid discovered Scooby Doo movies, and loves them. Once you watch a few kid movies, tons more get recommended.

Netflix for $8/month is so awesome.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I just saw their email about the outage. Because I'm still in the free trial phase they extended it by a day.

I can't fault their customer service on this issue.
Troy

Post by Troy »

You guys actually search for movies on your BR players and Xbox's?

I always just use the laptop. Otherwise it would take forever.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Why would it take forever? My capable devices connect just as fast as my desktop or laptop.

Plus, they have search features that are pretty easy to use.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Yeah, it doesn't take that long to search on the PS3. Just as fast as texting on a phone, basically.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I don't use anything but the PC due to lack of keyboard on other devices. I'm at my PC too much for it to matter to me that they are making this change.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Cakedaddy wrote:I don't use anything but the PC due to lack of keyboard on other devices. I'm at my PC too much for it to matter to me that they are making this change.

Yeah, lack of keyboard was my main thought. No big deal for me, either.

Edited By Troy on 1301004275
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

The change is the instant queue, not the search function. I hope they still implement some sort of bookmarking system.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Found something I don't like about Netflix and it's pretty major: they censor content.

Archer season 1, episode 5 has a line where one of the gay hit men says "i said let's hire a couple of cracked out mexicans (or puerto ricans)" and they bleeped out the nationality.

This comment is on the DVD set which is the only other place I've watched the show.

Makes me wonder what else they're censoring.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

All Star Treks ever coming in July.

http://www.tekgoblin.com/2011....e-it-so

I have never seen DS9 or Enterprise in their entirety; I may do that now. Heard DS9 got really good in it's last few season, and Enterprise very good in its last season.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote:Found something I don't like about Netflix and it's pretty major: they censor content.

Archer season 1, episode 5 has a line where one of the gay hit men says "i said let's hire a couple of cracked out mexicans (or puerto ricans)" and they bleeped out the nationality.

This comment is on the DVD set which is the only other place I've watched the show.

Makes me wonder what else they're censoring.
Maybe... but not definitely...

Venture Brothers are censored on TV, but then the DVD's are not censored.

Netflix MAY by just airing what was on TV, and not the DVD versions........ which does seem a little odd considering their business model...... but it doesn't necessarily mean Netflix is censoring. FX just may have given them the censored versions for streaming, which DOES actually make a little sense, because then there is still some value to be had from buying the DVD's.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Awesome trek news.

Sound reasoning on the censorship thing. I might write them and ask.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

I have never seen DS9 or Enterprise in their entirety; I may do that now. Heard DS9 got really good in it's last few season, and Enterprise very good in its last season.

As for the former, that's pretty much the dual of my opinion on the series. As for the latter, it's got a fucking theme song popularized by Rod Stewart.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
WSGrundy

Post by WSGrundy »

Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

That's weird. I could have sworn you could already do that. I can't believe that we haven't had a conflict yet. Three family members here watch stuff all day long independent of each other. Hard to believe we haven't had any overlap yet.