The Democratic Party

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

Awesome leadership in Chicago has Walmart and Whole Foods leaving the city creating "food deserts".

The solution? The mayor is considering city owned grocery stores.

I'm actually WAY in favor of this. I want to see how the government acts when it's their products being stolen.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by GORDON »

I'm sure the people in the city far away from that neighborhood are going to be very happy to be paying for people to steal groceries 24/7.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

First of all, from what I've been told multiple times by the Ds, this policy will exclude minorities and poor people. (We need a sarcasm tag.)

Secondly, not sure I think this is a good idea. I think these points below are legit concerns:

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by TheCatt »

That Wa Times "editorial" is such a piece of shit. Did Stephen Miller write it? If people want to opt out, they can, nullifying almost all of their argument.

People have to swear that they are eligible to vote and sign that, a legally binding document.

Also, this
A Pennsylvania Department of State spokesperson told ABC News that people who are not eligible to vote will not be presented with the voter registration screen during any of the DMV processes.
That Wa Times writer should be fired. Or shot. I'll take either. God I hate stupidity. Such a fucking strawman piece of shit, mixed with reality.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

1. I just posted images in that X (That name continues to be stupid.) thread. Is that an editorial? When did it come out?
2. Who is Stephen Miller?
3. IF people are eligible to opt out, great.
4. I don't like the "swear" they can vote thing. Prove it. Isn't citizenship part of that new ID? When is it mandatory to have one by?
5. I would love to see equal efforts to clean up rolls.
6. I wish you got this riled up when I post left leaning editorials that are as bigoted and slanted as you say this one is. :D
GORDON
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:25 pm People have to swear that they are eligible to vote and sign that, a legally binding document
Like.... pinkie swear and say "swearsies realsies?"
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:12 pm
TheCatt wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:25 pm People have to swear that they are eligible to vote and sign that, a legally binding document
Like.... pinkie swear and say "swearsies realsies?"
Yes, with felony repercusions.
Leisher wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:58 pm 3. IF people are eligible to opt out, great.
THERE'S NO IF. It's 100% there.
Leisher wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:58 pm 4. I don't like the "swear" they can vote thing. Prove it. Isn't citizenship part of that new ID? When is it mandatory to have one by?
If they are known to be ineligible (illegal, etc), then they won't even get the option, according to the legislation, etc. Real ID - May 2025.
Leisher wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:58 pm I wish you got this riled up when I post left leaning editorials that are as bigoted and slanted as you say this one is.
I guess they never are :P
GORDON
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:46 pm Yes, with felony repercusions.
It's hard to imagine a person who has committed a felony commiting another felony.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:41 pm
TheCatt wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:46 pm Yes, with felony repercusions.
It's hard to imagine a person who has committed a felony commiting another felony.
Absolutely valid point wiped out by calling them "asylum seekers".
TheCatt wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:46 pm THERE'S NO IF. It's 100% there.
Then great. However, I still want to see effort to clean up rolls.

And since this law is so awesome it's a damn shame that it excludes the poor and minorities.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by GORDON »

I've still never heard a good comeback to "If they're too poor/stupid to get an ID to vote, how are they buying alcohol, ever?"
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

NJ D Senator charged with corruption for the 2nd time in 10 years.

Our government is bought and paid for.

Shame on the voters who put him back in office after the first charges.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:52 am NJ D Senator charged with corruption for the 2nd time in 10 years.

Our government is bought and paid for.

Shame on the voters who put him back in office after the first charges.
Fetterman takes a shot at Bob
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

Apparently, some poll came out today stating that 65% of Americans want to completely do away with the EC.

Who are the people celebrating this news and saying this needs to happen all over Twitter? Ds.

For some reason, this makes me remember that the average IQ in this country is currently 98.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:39 pm Apparently, some poll came out today stating that 65% of Americans want to completely do away with the EC.
The EC certainly makes less sense than it used to. But I would just revise it to be more proportional. Wyoming doesn't deserve 3 votes. Or NH, or VT, or Montana...etc
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:52 pm
Leisher wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:39 pm Apparently, some poll came out today stating that 65% of Americans want to completely do away with the EC.
The EC certainly makes less sense than it used to. But I would just revise it to be more proportional. Wyoming doesn't deserve 3 votes. Or NH, or VT, or Montana...etc
I would be fine with discussing adjusting numbers so proper representation is given, but abolishing it is folly.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by GORDON »

Wouldn't that require an Amendment?

Would you be able to get 2/3 of states to vote away their influence in elections?
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 4:41 pm Wouldn't that require an Amendment?

Would you be able to get 2/3 of states to vote away their influence in elections?
Yes to the first.
No to the second.

Honestly, I think we need bigger changes to voting overall.

My solutions:
-Is your IQ 89 or under? We hand you a fake ballot and a crayon.
-First question we ask of all voters: "Would you like to save time and simply cast all your votes along a party line?" Anyone answering yes would be told they're a part of the problem, and to come back next election after thinking over how their bigotry and need to be "right" is hurting America.
-I'm not convinced Heinlein was wrong about service being required to earn the right to vote. "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country." JFK would be labeled a right wing extremist in 2023.
-By far the best and most logical solution is to simply name me emperor.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 4:51 pm We hand you a fake ballot and a crayon.
Trump would be so proud of his ballot.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 4:54 pm
Leisher wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 4:51 pm We hand you a fake ballot and a crayon.
Trump would be so proud of his ballot.
It'd be the best ballot of all ballots evah!
Leisher
Site Admin

The Democratic Party

Post by Leisher »

It took one appearance of Fetterman in shorts and a hoodie at one official session of Congress for them to unanimously pass dress code rules.