NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

The Colts are a special kind of terrible. Cleveland could win.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Stranger wrote:
As for that list from 538, I would disagree with Cleveland being at the bottom. The 49ers, Jets, and Colts are far worse. That should pan out over the next three weeks. Also, Miami might be better than we think.
Vegas must think the Browns are better than the Colts or else they wouldn't be a 1 point favorite on the road this week.
Exactly. I trust Vegas over 538. Let's never forget that 538 had Hillary at a 99% chance of winning.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Let's never forget that 538 had Hillary at a 99% chance of winning.
This is a ZERO percent true statement. 538 was being SLAMMED by people because they had Trump with a 20-25% chance of winning on election day, and people kept thinking they were dedlusional. HuffPo had Hillary at 99%.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: Let's never forget that 538 had Hillary at a 99% chance of winning.
This is a ZERO percent true statement. 538 was being SLAMMED by people because they had Trump with a 20-25% chance of winning on election day, and people kept thinking they were dedlusional. HuffPo had Hillary at 99%.
I must have "misremembered". Still, that's one hell of a mistake in numbers.

Fuck the HuffPo. They wouldn't even hold elections. they'd just declare Obama our lifetime emperor.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

NFL

Post by Troy »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote:
Yeah, the NFC was super hyped in the preasons, Boys + Giants in the top 5, etc. Hahahahha.
The Saints had the #1 ranked defense after the preseason on some sites. Maximum lol.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

So...is Goff legit or just really well coached?

It is interesting that the Rams offense sucked under Fisher, but their defense was awesome. Now their offense is scoring in bunches, but their defense gave up 39 points to Brian Hoyer.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

To be fair... The Rams have played some bad teams so far. The 49ers are terrible. The Colts are terrible. The Redskins are mediocre AT BEST.

Talk to me after their next 3 games.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Fantasy dilemmas:

DeMarco Murray is dealing with a hamstring injury and is a game time decision. So, of course, his game is at 4:30 and my backups start at 1:00. I'm thinking of sitting him and putting in Tevin Coleman who always gets solid points in the Falcolns' offense.

Meanwhile, I'm seriously debating Alex Smith at the Chargers over Drew Brees at the Panthers.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Smith wouldn't be a bad choice. But, I'm like that last person you should ever listen to for fantasy football.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

I'm heavily leaning Smith. I'll check the weather in Charlotte Sunday morning. I hope it's raining to make my decision easier.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Trump seems to have done more to unite the country than Obama ever did. Pretty much the whole league is either taking a knee or locking arms during the anthem this week.

The Steelers are avoiding the issue completely.

Meanwhile, in England, the Jags murdered the Ravens and succeeded on a fake punt.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

You Browns fans keep telling me what a great coach Mike Tomlin is...
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

I went with Alex Smith over Brees because Brees was outdoors against the #1 D in the league. He has scored 9 more points than Smith with a quarter to go for Smith.

The real travesty is Murray, a game time decision, who I sat. Turns out, he has 21 points with a quarter to go.

Fantasy Football is dumb.
Vince

NFL

Post by Vince »

I was never a huge football fan, but have been a casual viewer. Can't stomach it now with all the players taking a knee. Getting to where soccer is more American than this shit. Might as well be watching Frenchmen out there.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I went with Alex Smith over Brees because Brees was outdoors against the #1 D in the league. He has scored 9 more points than Smith with a quarter to go for Smith.
You should just do the opposite of whatever I say.

Surprising week in the NFL. But Fuck Trump.
At FedExField, home of the Washington Redskins, owner Dan Snyder stood arm in arm with players during the national anthem while others knelt.
Nice to see Danny do something not stupid. I really have no idea what Vince is trying to say there, but I disagree 100%.

Veteran kneels in support.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

I'm just going to bed now with the knowledge that my team pulled off the upset, 21-0... and anything after this point in the game doesn't matter.
Vince

NFL

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: I went with Alex Smith over Brees because Brees was outdoors against the #1 D in the league. He has scored 9 more points than Smith with a quarter to go for Smith.
You should just do the opposite of whatever I say.

Surprising week in the NFL. But Fuck Trump.
At FedExField, home of the Washington Redskins, owner Dan Snyder stood arm in arm with players during the national anthem while others knelt.
Nice to see Danny do something not stupid. I really have no idea what Vince is trying to say there, but I disagree 100%.

Veteran kneels in support.
I don't know what you are talking about half the time either, but always disagree 100%.

Have a great evening!
Vince

NFL

Post by Vince »