NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:55 pm
Leisher wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:44 pm I like UNC being ranked. They should be despite not having a single quality win.
Well, we've beat the same # of ranked teams as OSU :)
Currently ranked? Yes. I do expect Notre Dame to climb back into the polls again before getting kicked back out by USC.

Here's hoping TTUN goes undefeated to give us another quality win by the end of the year.

Not that it matters. If OSU goes undefeated, they're in. Bama and Georgia are each allowed to lose once...to the other in the SEC championship and they're in.

The final team is a toss up. Currently, I'd wager an undefeated Pac-12 team over an undefeated Clemson.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:08 pm Here's hoping TTUN goes undefeated to give us [a] quality win by the end of the year.
FTFY
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 3:13 pm Wow, OU managed to score 0 points today against Texas. 49-0. Is Nebraska contagious?
Yes.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:53 pm
TheCatt wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 3:13 pm Wow, OU managed to score 0 points today against Texas. 49-0. Is Nebraska contagious?
Yes.
All are probably on UNC's schedule.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:35 pm All are probably on UNC's schedule.
I'll take any win we can get, baby!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:20 pm Hilariously, one of the items I left off the list is the thing only SEC people do and is very related to the stuff above: "They were ranked #4 at one point and we beat them!" It doesn't matter they were unranked when their SEC team beat this team, just that the team had previously been ranked #4. And there's the one we hear annually from them thanks to the falsely bloated preseason rankings,
Leisher wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:08 pm Currently ranked? Yes.
Yes, currently ranked is your standard.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Exactly, so why don't WE get to claim the victory against "then #5" ND? That makes it the single best win in all of college football, but you poo-pooed that, as did many others because ND happened to lose their next game. Fucking Bama still claims #10 Arkansas despite Arkansas getting destroyed in three straight games.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:37 pm Exactly, so why don't WE get to claim the victory against "then #5" ND? That makes it the single best win in all of college football, but you poo-pooed that, as did many others because ND happened to lose their next game. Fucking Bama still claims #10 Arkansas despite Arkansas getting destroyed in three straight games.
Literally, your standard was that you cannot use the past ranking. And I agree.

Clemson has 2 wins against top 15 teams. No one else has more than 1.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:33 pm Literally, your standard was that you cannot use the past ranking.
If I said that specifically, please show me where so I can look at the context.

But yes, I also agree that where a team finishes in the rankings is far more important than where they started or reached. Our win against #5 ND should have weight, but not as much weight if ND finished the regular season at #5.

I have long argued that ESPN manipulates polls so SEC teams are falsely ranked super high for their matchups with Bama or whatever other SEC is being pushed that year. I also argue that the preseason poll shouldn't even exist because it's based on name and politics more than knowledge of teams. I also argued, as above, that if the SEC gets to claim wins over grossly overrated teams every year, like Auburn multiple times, TTUN at #5 when they played Bama in Dallas was so laughable that even TTUN fans knew what was up, and so on, then nobody can say shit about ND's #5 ranking and try to take that away from us.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Bama schedules home and home with Minnesota.
I was going to give OSU grief, but they have home+home with Bama + UGA coming up in a few years. Maybe they'll figure some way to cancel them before then :)
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

I know you're play trolling, but Bama is usually the one that cancels home-home series. They've done it constantly under Saban. That's why they always end up with one time neutral site games.

Incidentally, TTUN was supposed to go to Washington(?), I believe this year, but TTUN backed out. No idea why.

I have absolutely no recollection of OSU ever cancelling any series. Not saying they haven't, but they've played everyone they've been scheduled to play for as long as I can remember. The only change is that they recently, this year, moved it to their first game and I hate that. It used to be their second game.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Remember when the MAC would have like 1 or 2 borderline really good teams? Now they're just a laughingstock.

Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

OSU has the highest win out percentage because their schedule is so weak.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Boheim's best friend is a pedo.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 2:12 pm Boheim's best friend is a pedo.
Who probably still knows more about basketball than the B10!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Can we just make Bama + Tenn co-#1s? I mean, to put up that many points on these tough SEC defenses is amazing.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 6:47 pm Can we just make Bama + Tenn co-#1s? I mean, to put up that many points on these tough SEC defenses is amazing.
Ha!
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Bama had 2nd and forever. Down 7. I go to shower. Come back 10 minutes later and they're up 7. WTF?

Tennessee just tied it up.