NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

BTW, if you think I'm nuts on ESPN having zero credibility and skewing things for the SEC, start following recruiting news.

None of the real recruit rankings services take ESPN seriously. Also, ESPN routinely moves guys based on if they're SEC commits or not.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

This is Vegas saying, "It's going to be one of these three."
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:33 pm This is Vegas saying, "It's going to be one of these three."
I don't think anyone disagrees. Which is why the CFP has to find some way to make OSU finish 5th :P
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Wisconsin will pay Chryst $11M.

Still can't believe they fired him. Dude had over 9 wins every year. Some of his players were on Twitter and aren't happy.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

ESPN asked 23 schools to provide data on the NIL deals their students have signed.

No SEC schools provided shit. I wonder why? :roll: The article even calls out Saban and Fisher for their very public fight about paying players, NIL deals, and Saban's call to "make everything transparent".

A lot of Big 10, including OSU, and Pac-12 schools did provide the requested data.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

The $ amounts are not staggering by any means.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:44 pm
TheCatt wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:12 pm
TheCatt wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:52 pm The Rutgers team that beat BC by 1? Oh... ok.
the Rutgers team that beat temple by 2? After Duke blanked temples 30 to 0?

https://www.espn.com/college-football/g ... /401426333
They doubled their margin of victory!!!
https://www.espn.com/college-football/g ... /401405111
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Look at that improvement! They got beat by OSU by 39 points and now they only lose by 1?! AMAZING!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Wow, OU managed to score 0 points today against Texas. 49-0. Is Nebraska contagious?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

UNC-Miami: UNC scores on a 95 yard drive, then follows it up with a 98 yard drive for another TD. Later drive: Convert 4th and 9, and get the 3rd TD!
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Texas A&M should have beaten Bama in Bama. They had one chance to score and called the worst play in college football history.

And then there's Iowa's offense, which is offensive.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Wow that's ugly.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

An announcer on a pro-SEC channel during the Arkansas-Ol Miss game actually said this stupidity: "One week you're ranked in the top 10, a few weeks later you're unranked and getting hammered. That's just life in the SEC West."

Or maybe that's life when your conference is constantly overrated.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:05 pm UNC: 44th -> 39th -> 30th in the AP voting.
UNC had no votes after losing to Notre Dame -> 5 votes (42nd) -> 26th, just outside the top 25.

Bama falls to 3rd, OSU to 2nd, UGA #1.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 1:14 pm Look at that improvement! They got beat by OSU by 39 points and now they only lose by 1?! AMAZING!
They now own the longest unranked streak in the Power 5, as Kansas and Illinois ended their streaks.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Some good games next weekend
A season-high six games match ranked teams: No. 10 Penn State at No. 5 Michigan, No. 3 Alabama at No. 6 Tennessee, No. 8 Oklahoma State at No. 13 TCU, No. 15 NC State at No. 18 Syracuse, No. 16 Mississippi State at No. 22 Kentucky, and No. 7 USC at No. 20 Utah.
OSU probably playing yet another trash team. Or on a bye.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:32 pm
Leisher wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 1:14 pm Look at that improvement! They got beat by OSU by 39 points and now they only lose by 1?! AMAZING!
They now own the longest unranked streak in the Power 5, as Kansas and Illinois ended their streaks.
Overlooked as usual.
TheCatt wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:33 pm OSU probably playing yet another trash team. Or on a bye.
On a well deserved bye. Injured players all over the field. I look forward to them being at full strength for one of these games.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Honestly, that's probably the most accurate poll this week. Although, one could argue TTUN could be dropped to 5 after their struggles with Indiana. Yeah, they won by 3 TDs, but they pulled away late and were tied up most of the game.

I like UNC being ranked. They should be despite not having a single quality win.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:44 pm I like UNC being ranked. They should be despite not having a single quality win.
Well, we've beat the same # of ranked teams as OSU :)