NCAA

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

The first 2 seed to lose to a 15 seed since OSU did it!! :D :D :D
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

I run the work bracket. But, we don't let it be skill-based, for whatever reason. In the past we've done things like assign everyone 4 teams (we had 16 employees).

This year we have 17, so that won't work.

So I took the expected wins for each team (based on 538's #s), then assigned them values to make it so that everyone had roughly the same # of expected points, based on wins (with a cap of 10 pts per win, so that the 13/14/15/16 seeds wouldn't completely blow things up).

Guess who has St Peters + NMSU! Well, me and 2 other people...
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Best thing Indiana did today

Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:42 pm The first 2 seed to lose to a 15 seed since OSU did it!! :D :D :D
That monkey is now off our back.
TheCatt wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:48 pm Guess who has St Peters + NMSU!
A Buckeye fan on Twitter bet that parlay with $15 and won $900+.

The Murray State-SF game was awesome. Great games overall today. Only a couple of stinkers.

And yes, that moment in the Indiana game was cool.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Yawn.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:34 pmYawn.
That's what you get for picking Loyola.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:54 pm
TheCatt wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:34 pmYawn.
That's what you get for picking Loyola.
Well, OK, I did... but it was still a boring early afternoon of games.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

I found OSU-Loyola Chicago more exciting then you did, but I'm sure you thought Marquette-UNC was more exciting than I did. :D
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:24 pm I found OSU-Loyola Chicago more exciting then you did, but I'm sure you thought Marquette-UNC was more exciting than I did. :D
BEST GAME OF THE TOURNAMENT SO FAR!

And at least teams scored. The first half of the OSU game 20 points or something?
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Loyola and OSU played this thing called defense...and they both couldn't hit shots...
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Illinois-Chattanooga is the ugliest game I've ever seen.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

B10 overrated. ACC underrated
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:58 pm B10 overrated. ACC underrated
? 'Splain
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:22 am
TheCatt wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:58 pm B10 overrated. ACC underrated
? 'Splain
MSU barely winning, Wisconsin barely winning, Iowa flaming out, Indiana getting DESTROYED, Illinois barely beating Chatt.

Meanwhile, UNC dominated, Duke rolled, Miami + Notre Dame scored upsets, and only Va Tech didn't make it another round, but was an 11 seed.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

All I see is "ACC played nobodies and the B1G played teams that tried." :D

In all seriousness, big win for UNC today!
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:31 pm All I see is "ACC played nobodies and the B1G played teams that tried." :D

In all seriousness, big win for UNC today!
Big win for UNDERRATED and bullshit-ejection-called UNC
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

You're really hammering this underrated thing. Have you read some of YOUR posts about UNC this year?

Also, what ejection? I didn't watch the game.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:06 pm You're really hammering this underrated thing. Have you read some of YOUR posts about UNC this year?

Also, what ejection? I didn't watch the game.
i didn't watch it either. Brady Manek, one of our best shooters, and also a big dude, got ejected for an elbow that went a little high.
Meanwhile, 2 days ago, a player put a UNC player IN A LITERAL HEADLOCK and only got called for a foul.

I haven't watched the game either, today was C's mom's celebration of life. Going to watch it later or tomorrow, but heard about the result + the terrible ejection call.
Leisher
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by Leisher »

Hopefully he won't miss the next game for the ejection. I think they review these things?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NCAA

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:46 pm Hopefully he won't miss the next game for the ejection. I think they review these things?
He will not because it was not fighting.