NFL 2009-2010 Season

For stuff that is general.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

The Colts/Jets vs. the Saints/Vikes.

Anyone psychotic enough to pick New York for an upset?
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Troy

Post by Troy »

Malcolm wrote:The Colts/Jets vs. the Saints/Vikes.

I will.

I picked em for tonight too.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

No. In all honesty, the only question is who will play Indy in the Super Bowl.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Indy laid down for the Jets with two games to go in the season, which essentially put the Jets into the playoffs.

Let's see if karma catches up with the Colts.

Keep in mind that the Jets held the NO offense to 10 points in NO earlier in the year. So they can stop good offenses. their biggest question marks involve their own offense, particularly at QB.

P.S. Do you think Mark Sanchez has emailed or called Pete Carroll to tell him to suck his dick? If you remember, Pete Carroll publically blasted Mark Sanchez for leaving after his junior year saying he wasn't ready, etc. Now Sanchez is one game away from the Super Bowl and Pete Carroll had to flee USC because of the NCAA investigation that's about to drop the hammer on the football program.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote:Indy laid down for the Jets with two games to go in the season, which essentially put the Jets into the playoffs.

Let's see if karma catches up with the Colts.

Keep in mind that the Jets held the NO offense to 10 points in NO earlier in the year. So they can stop good offenses. their biggest question marks involve their own offense, particularly at QB.

P.S. Do you think Mark Sanchez has emailed or called Pete Carroll to tell him to suck his dick? If you remember, Pete Carroll publically blasted Mark Sanchez for leaving after his junior year saying he wasn't ready, etc. Now Sanchez is one game away from the Super Bowl and Pete Carroll had to flee USC because of the NCAA investigation that's about to drop the hammer on the football program.
He did make that wisecrack at the press conference after the Bengal's game.

That was funny.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Troy wrote:
Malcolm wrote:The Colts/Jets vs. the Saints/Vikes.

I will.

I picked em for tonight too.
Spread/$ on the game?
unkbill

Post by unkbill »

Good Lord my Vikings kicked Dallas' ass. If they can only play that well on the road in another dome. My Vikes might not win but am hoping for a good game out of them and are not embarrassing . Of course that means Farve might not retire......
In marriage there is always one person right. And the other one is the husband.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

unkbill wrote:Good Lord my Vikings kicked Dallas' ass. If they can only play that well on the road in another dome. My Vikes might not win but am hoping for a good game out of them and are not embarrassing . Of course that means Farve might not retire......
I ain't saying it's impossible for the Vikings secondary to stop New Orleans. That cuts both ways, too. Minnesota could tear up the Saints D. I'm curious about the running games, though. Reggie Bush has been kicking much ass as of late.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Vikes & Saints. Looks to be a game of who's offense is going to fuck up more. If this shyte doesn't produce a huge scoring affair, I don't know what will.

EDIT : Three seconds later, TD, Pierre Thomas.

Edited By Malcolm on 1264377824
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

This is a great game.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I'll give the Wall Street Journal credit. They predicted 29-28 (which is based on the average of lots of simulations)... and 28-28 with less than 2 minutes to go is pretty close.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

This game is still on, but would there be a better ending for Favre than beating Peyton Manning in the Super Bowl?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

If he ran instead of throwing, this game would be over.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

This'll be interesting. How does this rule work? He obviously lost the ball and recovered behind the first down line.

Must not matter.

Edited By Leisher on 1264389091
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

HORRIBLE call!
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

I can't believe the Vikes turned it over on their last drive in the 4th. Fucking really, you HAD to throw it, really?!?!?!

EDIT : Childress, you're a fucking retard that deserves to be burned to death tied to a crossbar.

Edited By Malcolm on 1264389360
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I predict Favre is back next year.

New Orleans, no matter if they win or lose the Super Bowl, will not get back to the NFC Championship next year.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Leisher wrote:I predict Favre is back next year.
2 year contract, I heard, so yeah.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:If he ran instead of throwing, this game would be over.
I don't think he was as open as the commentators made it sound, but I certainly think he could have made the 30-32 yd line.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

It's still a dome. I'd feel more comfortable giving a lengthy kick to Longwell as opposed to another throw.