Russia

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

Russia

Post by Leisher »

Leisher wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:36 pm Putin allows no dissent or agreement...
Is it just me or did that tweet get censored?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

Russia

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:55 pm
Is it just me or did that tweet get censored?

Seems like decent traffic #s for what it is. Could be more.
Troy

Russia

Post by Troy »

Sleeping well tonight :)
TheCatt
Site Admin

Russia

Post by TheCatt »

I wonder if China means it. I mean, they lie all the time.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Russia

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:54 am I wonder if China means it. I mean, they lie all the time.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Russia

Post by Leisher »

The leaders of Poland, Slovenia, and the Czech Republic are heading to Kyiv today to meet with Zelensky.

Could you imagine if Biden announced he was flying there today as well? How quickly do you think a cease fire would be agreed upon to "allow safe passage for people trying to escape the war"?
GORDON
Site Admin

Russia

Post by GORDON »

The US is well practiced at fighting proxy wars. Biden will let Ukraine's neighbors attend the war briefings, will keep petitioning congress for financial aid, and keep his reelection plans clean. Then he can say, "I didn't start or escalate any wars, just like Trump!"
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Russia

Post by Leisher »

Troy wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:06 am Seems like decent traffic #s for what it is. Could be more.
Glad it's not gone yet. Two women immediately detained. One woman holds up a sign that says "Two Words" and the other didn't even get a thought out before being dragged away.

Video story about a reporter who went behind another anchor that was live. Her sign said "they're lying to you" and "no war". She's now missing and her lawyer cannot locate her.

Quite a stark contrast from the oppression people here claim to face. "They misgendered me!!!"

Russia seizes Western planes left behind by cancelled contracts over Ukraine invasion.

U.S. intelligence spots new ballistic missiles being used by Russia.
Troy

Russia

Post by Troy »

The implication of the seizing of the planes is wild. Is it true that once the parts and maintenance records go dark in Russia all those planes are essential unsuitable for air travel - according to industry regs - forever?
Leisher
Site Admin

Russia

Post by Leisher »

It appears that would be correct barring recertification from Bermuda or whatever country it was in the article.
Troy

Russia

Post by Troy »

Wohoo - this lady was not immediately executed. IS facing jail time and possibly other charges. DOES appear to have “assets” on her side. Good PR by showing them off.

Leisher
Site Admin

Russia

Post by Leisher »

Good news Russia, your government hasn't gone "full China" yet.

Bad news Russia, Putin is still your leader.
GORDON
Site Admin

Russia

Post by GORDON »

She was on TV, her disappearance would be noticed. The thousands of little people that have been arrested at protests and carted off can be safely disappeared.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Russia

Post by TheCatt »

She was cuter with a big board in front of her distracting from her face.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Troy

Russia

Post by Troy »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:54 am I wonder if China means it. I mean, they lie all the time.
China is also good at math. NATO/EU $35 Trillion, stable economy. Russ/Belarus, $1.5T and crashing.
GORDON
Site Admin

Russia

Post by GORDON »

It amuses me that all of Russia has an economy on the scale of Ohio, and Ohio probably has enough military forces in the National Guard to take them out.
Troy

Russia

Post by Troy »

GORDON wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:03 pm It amuses me that all of Russia has an economy on the scale of Ohio, and Ohio probably has enough military forces in the National Guard to take them out.
It's wild! And look how BIG Russia is. There must be horrificaly poor spots.
GORDON
Site Admin

Russia

Post by GORDON »

We dunked on the 4th largest army in the world in 1991, and it looks like even they made a better showing than these russians, being thwarted by Ukraine.
Troy

Russia

Post by Troy »

GORDON wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:12 pm We dunked on the 4th largest army in the world in 1991, and it looks like even they made a better showing than these russians.
And half of them just ran off before the fight started, right? Good pre-war messaging by us.

Tho - also the benefits of defense we are seeing in this war.
GORDON
Site Admin

Russia

Post by GORDON »

I think we're going to see war-crimes trials for decades when this is done.