TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Seeing the numbers go up feels good.

Pushups:
Week 1: 71
Week 2: 85
Week 3: 102

I don't pace myself like he says. But then, I can't keep up with them, so every set of push-ups is to my limit. Going to be sore again tomorrow.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

You're in week 3, right? That's the last time I did that workout.

I think I return to it next week...yep, just checked. It should be interesting to see my numbers now.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
thibodeaux

Post by thibodeaux »

I started yesterday. Is hard.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Stick with it. The first few days are physically hard due to the soreness, but they won't be your toughest days.

I found phase two to be quite difficult mentally. For me, that's when the daily grind of doing an hour a day or more was really wearing on me combined with the slow results.

And that's the biggest thing I hear from most people who do P90X. You can see your strength increase, but the physical changes are slower. Mainly because you're turning fat into muscle instead of just shedding fat, which takes longer and is less obvious.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote:A friend at work offered me a copy of P90X, so I took it and started the program this morning.
What is a "copy of P90X?"
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

12 DVDs and a CD with documentation and a great spreadsheet.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

thibodeaux wrote:I started yesterday. Is hard.
Man, that first week I was a ball of soreness. Even now I'm still sore from my Sunday workout (which is my start day of each week), but it's a manageable soreness.

So far my only issue is the KenPo, or whatever it's called. I'd rather do something more impacty.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote:12 DVDs and a CD with documentation and a great spreadsheet.
Ahhh, I see.

Got ripped versions that I can just run on a PC?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

See TPR's post about uTorrent, that's where I got my P90x :)

I think I used btjunkie.org to search for the torrent.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Noted.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

So far my only issue is the KenPo, or whatever it's called. I'd rather do something more impacty.

Kenpo is one of the workouts where you have to really set your own pace to get the most out of it.

The whole point of it is to simply burn calories.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
Kenpo is one of the workouts where you have to really set your own pace to get the most out of it.

The whole point of it is to simply burn calories.
If it's weren't the day after a leg workout, I'd jog instead and burn more calories.

Yesterday was the first day I made it all the way through both sets of rockstar hops (ankles to butt, instead of just getting off the ground) in plyo.

Was a burny, burny day.

So far I've lost a pound a week (2 weeks).
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Starting week 9 today.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Recovery week.

I'm taking the week off from P90x, and alternating run/bike days with swim days all week. Then Saturday off and back to P90x.

Honestly, in the bathroom, when the light strikes just right, I feel like I look ever so slightly different. :)
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

You should do the Core Synergistics during recovery week. Lunge Kickback Curl Presses suck.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:You should do the Core Synergistics during recovery week. Lunge Kickback Curl Presses suck.
Heh. i did it today cuz it rained and I couldnt swim.

That was more intense than I expected for recovery week.

I am not ready for the bonus round.

I think I'll replace my planned Friday run with the core again. and swim thursday, run wednesday.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Had the flu last week, so I'm redoing week 9 starting today.

I had an interesting week in terms of food. Aside from the post I just wrote about the new Subway sub, I gave myself the week off once I recovered from the flu and took advantage by eating some old favorites.

I don't know if my taste buds have changed or what, but some of my old favorites were inedible. Heavy foods, in particular, just have no appeal to me anymore.

Anyone else discovering their food tastes changing during their weight loss programs?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I've found that it takes me about 3 weeks to get my tastes changed... whatever I eat for 3 weeks, I get used to, and switching back, while my tastes have changed, is still possible.

Last week was a bad week for me. I injured my shoulder about 10 years ago (it popped, I never went to the doctor, took months for it to feel normal again), and the shoulder circle things re-aggravated that badly. Then something else (bicep day) caused severe pain in the front side of both my elbows, so I took the rest of the week off.

Trying to figure out if I want to re-continue... I was thinking of rebooting back to week 1.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Rebooting is never a bad idea.

One thing to remember is that despite the name, it's not a 90 day thing. Sure, maybe a person will have the rock solid abs in 90 days, although for most that's not likely, but you then have to maintain it.

I saw a P90X infomercial recently that was pretty honest. One of the testimonials was a guy who was probably pretty typical and he said it took him 5 rounds with P90X to get the body you see advertised in the commercials. that's a little over a year and FAR, FAR more realistic than thinking you'll be ripped in 90 days no matter how intense the program.

The way I'm going, I know I'll need a second round, but I might be pretty close at the end of that. Once I get to where I want to be, I'm going to alter the program to a "maintain" thing.

Point being, if you're truly going to make the lifestyle shift, rebooting isn't an issue since you're still exercising...