Duke Nukem Forever - Formerly "Duke Nukem sighting"

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I just find it funny that not only does their games list look like it's from the 90s, but check out that web design. I swear that was cutting edge stuff in 1996.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
WSGrundy

Post by WSGrundy »

12-19-07 at 1PM a new teaser trailer will be released!

If they have a teaser trailer done then the game should only be 6-7 years away.

Edited By WSGrundy on 1198039820
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

After a decade, players would need to literally get a blow job while playing for this thing not to be considered a disappointment.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:After a decade, players would need to literally get a blow job while playing for this thing not to be considered a disappointment.
Best game evar.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Hell, I remember the teaser trailer from 1998. Heavy metal Duke theme, riding a flatbed-mounted 50-Cal machine gun as bad guys came at you, etc.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

That's right about when Half-Life hit and shortly after that Duke went back to the drawing board.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Yep. Diakatana took one for the team and showed that Half Life had raised the bar.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

GORDON wrote:Yep. Diakatana took one for the team...
Mention not that cursed name.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

What was that guy's name... John Romero? That doesn't sound right.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

GORDON wrote:What was that guy's name... John Romero? That doesn't sound right.
John Romero & Daikatana. John Romero of DOOM and id fame.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Remember the marketing?

"John Romero is going to make you his bitch."

Instead Half-Life made the industry its bitch and John Romero became a "has been" overnight.
WSGrundy

Post by WSGrundy »

Ehh. A couple of aliens look kind of cool.

Still no real footage so I am changing my guess from 6-7 years away to 9-10.

Edited By WSGrundy on 1198096759
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I guess the smoking alone ensures this game gets rated AO-Adult Only?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Maybe not?
Apogee Software and Deep Silver have just issued statement to Shacknews, confirming that there is a "situation at 3D Realms" but stressing they are not affected.

"Deep Silver and Apogee Software are not affected by the situation at 3D Realms. Development on the Duke Nukem Trilogy is continuing as planned."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Fuck you, you whimpering emasculated pussy.
It’s no wonder: In games and movies, we’ve moved beyond the cigar-chomping, catchphrase-spouting one-man army embodied by characters like Duke. These days we like our heroes, and our antiheroes, a little more human than that. We demand a solid story and a little thoughtful introspection alongside our explosions.
In this cultural climate, is it any surprise that no one seems to mind that we may never play Duke Nukem Forever? The Duke character has always been, at best, a caricature of the now-extinct big-action genre. At worst, he’s a misogynistic relic of a bygone era, kept alive only by the hubris of his creators.

Turn in your balls at the door & get the fuck out, you goddamned eunuch. Your "man" status has been revoked.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I agree with everything Malcolm just said.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

The writer's name is "Earnest". 'Nuff said.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Duke Begins.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Huh?

Edited By Malcolm on 1258052675