NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Steelers fire Canada.

All credit to Tomlin. He had one of the worst offenses in the league by almost every measure for the past few years. His team has been outgained in EVERY game this year. He personally picked this new QB and saddled him with this OC. It only took him 11 weeks into the season and what amounted to public mutiny by his team's stars all speaking out to the MSM about their unhappiness before he finally acted.

Can't wait to see what non-threat to his job bum he hires next.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Brady rips the current NFL product.

I'm not sure he's wrong.

There is a lot of bad football being played, but I think there are a LOT of reasons, not just one that's easily solved:
-Injuries
-Poor physical training for a long season
-A longer season
-The salary cap and roster limits perhaps being a bit too tight not allowing for additional players
-Fewer preseason games to warmup bodies
-Diversity hires over qualifications
-Flashy hires over qualifications
-Hiring of the walking dead (Ron Rivera, etc.) over qualifications
-Ridiculous rules that have changed how the game is played. (Dumb roughing the passer rules, terrible PIs, etc.) that have made defensive players more weary, while allowing offensive players to try and take advantage. The O stuff reminds me of the NBA's horrible contact rules the past couple of years (they did finally change it last season) that allowed O players to initiate contact and get a foul. It was destroying their game.
-GMs and owners saddling coaches with players that don't fit their systems.
-Self-serving assholes like Tomlin keeping morons like Canada on staff 2 years too long.
-And about a billion other reasons.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

By the way, last night's game featuring two of the league's top teams was boring and an absolute mess. The weather didn't help, but it really showcased Brady's point.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Did he then tell the rookies to get off his lawn?

I do think they should go above 53 players.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Don't forget to get your lineups set prior to Turkey Day.

Rex Ryan just said on Get Up that Branden Staley should go back to DIII where he belongs. Ouch.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Suck that, Brady.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

I missed that, and it would have been brilliant. That would have been an all time clip.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

So, the Harbaugh back to the NFL mill is in full motion now. Makes total sense.
-Currently embroiled in a massive cheating scandal.
-Still under investigation for what their moron fans call "Cheeseburgergate", which infuriated the NCAA and why they did not accept the earlier suspension agreement.
-Looks like he'll be suspended for most of 2024, IF he isn't hit with a Show Cause, which is what I think will happen.
-Still hasn't signed any extension that Michigan insiders have been claiming is there for him to sign since before the scandal. The last official, non-TTUN insider, word is that the regents pulled it. Although, some of the regents stupidly went on Twitter to mock the entire situation and the NCAA this week. Is there anyone who has two brain cells to rub together in that school?
-This year they've had to fire a massive racist, a pedophile, a spy wannabe, and a guy who was coaching kids on how to talk to investigators and was deleting evidence.
-And you know the rest of the list...

Here's what I'm hearing:
-Chicago and Las Vegas as front runners. Kevin Warren being in Chicago might be the deal breaker there. Mark Davis is not making it a secret he wants Harbaugh. Having a cheater in Vegas would be hilarious.
-Carolina could be a player due to their owner and Bryce Young.
-The Chargers and Washington jobs will probably be open. The Chargers would have a lot of appeal to his wife, and with Herbert there, could appeal to Jim. Honestly, if Staley gets fired, that should be the most sought after job.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

I don't speak ASL, but this would be awesome...until some asshole on X ratted you out.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Lions sure know how to blow it on a big stage.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Goff was terrible today. The Detroit D is worse.

Love is getting a lot of praise for the last two weeks, but he's played two horrific defenses.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Ooops.

Boyle's first TD pass as a Jet, apparently.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

BTW, congrats on 1 problem being gone. I expect Row Boat Ron will join him in a few weeks. "Black Monday"
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 7:50 pm BTW, congrats on 1 problem being gone. I expect Row Boat Ron will join him in a few weeks. "Black Monday"
Same.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

This week's slate of games is absolutely garbage.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:59 pm This week's slate of games is absolutely garbage.
Well, having 4 games before Sunday can do that.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Steelers first game without Matt Canada and they go over 400 yards. That's the first time since 2020.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 3:46 pm Steelers first game without Matt Canada and they go over 400 yards. That's the first time since 2020.
Tomlinson is the real GOAT.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Belichick all in on a new QB.

Washington up to #5! Can't wait to waste it!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 3:54 pm
Leisher wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 3:46 pm Steelers first game without Matt Canada and they go over 400 yards. That's the first time since 2020.
Tomlinson is the real GOAT.
Taylor Tomlinson? She's cute and funny, but GOAT? Nah.