NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Steelers + GOAT back to the #3 seed.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Should I start Burrow at home against Seattle or Goff @TB?

I'm leaning Burrow.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:44 am Should I start Burrow at home against Seattle or Goff @TB?

I'm leaning Burrow.
I'd go Burrow.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Yeah, I think so.

In my other league I'm debating Geno @ Cin, Dobbs @ Rams, or a QB TBD that I might be picking up on the waiver wire. I don't want to announce it as Stranger might be lurking... All three have a strong case, but the last guy will be home, which might be the topper.
(Announcement tomorrow if I get him.)
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Leisher wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:53 am In my other league I'm debating Geno @ Cin, Dobbs @ Rams, or a QB TBD that I might be picking up on the waiver wire. I don't want to announce it as Stranger might be lurking... All three have a strong case, but the last guy will be home, which might be the topper.
(Announcement tomorrow if I get him.)
My choices:
Gino @ Cin
Dobbs @ Rams
Commanders @ Ridder

I'm leaning Ridder right now.
-He's the only one at home.
-He only plays well at home.
-Commanders are 31st against the pass.
-He's coming off a big week.
-However, he has sucked all but one week (last week)

Gino is still slightly banged up and Cincy might "be back.
Dobbs' magical ride ended last week against Cincy, and is on the road against a middle of the road Rams D.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deshaun is "hurt" although cleared by the doctors. He hasn't practiced and I'd wager he's looking to avoid playing against juggernaut SF.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Good story about Dallas K Brandon Aubrey

He played soccer in college at Notre Dame, then had a very short pro career in the US.
After being released from the Bethlehem Steel FC in 2018, Aubrey decided to use the degree he got at Notre Dame to become a software engineer. While watching an NFL game in 2019, a placekicker missed a field goal and his wife told him: "You could do that." From 2019 to 2022, Aubrey worked with a kicking coach regularly to become a high-level kicker and try out for a pro team.[6]
He's now 14/14 (6/7 XP) for Dallas this year.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

That's awesome. I knew he had a story because they mentioned it during last night's SNF, but they didn't get detailed.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

In case you missed the NFL's first 3 way game this morning:

Ravens: 6
Titans: 16
Justin Tucker: 18
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Up is down. Left is Right.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 1:15 pm In case you missed the NFL's first 3 way game this morning:

Ravens: 6
Titans: 16
Justin Tucker: 18
That reminds me of sooooo many wins during the Tomlin era.

Also, the Panthers score makes all the sense in the world. I bet on the Dolphins...
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 1:44 pm I bet on the Dolphins...
lol
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

I heard this morning that no rookie has ever gotten past game 6 without throwing a pick. That tracks as Stroud has finally thrown a pick.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 1:56 pm I heard this morning that no rookie has ever gotten past game 6 without throwing a pick. That tracks as Stroud has finally thrown a pick.
My opponent had to start Stroud because his other QBs are: Aaron Rodgers, Anthony Richardson, and Kyler Murray.

I'm still losing.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

My primary team is losing. They have quit on me.

My secondary team (which is for more money, I don't know why I call them secondary) is winning.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 3:01 pm I'm still losing.
Mostert pulled my team into having a chance. Decent games from Hurts, Lamb, and the Cowboys' D and I can get a win.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Tyreek Hill should be given a $25k bonus for that flip, not a 15 yard penalty.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:48 pm Tyreek Hill should be given a $25k bonus for that flip, not a 15 yard penalty.
That was cool.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Eagles lose to Jets. SF lose to Browns.

This Israel thing really is going to be the end of times.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

SF losing to the Browns is the most hilarious thing. They spent all that money on Deshaun, he obviously ducked this game, and they won without him.

Also, if you didn't see it, SF missed a FG at the end to win.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

The numbers speak for themselves, folks. Entering Sunday, the Browns ranked first in defensive efficiency, according to ESPN's Football Power Index. They ranked 30th in offense. They've allowed a total of 1,002 yards so far this season. Only two teams since the 1970 merger allowed fewer yards in their first five games -- the 1971 Colts and 1970 Vikings. These are practically prehistoric numbers the Browns are putting up on defense.