Albion Online

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

Lastly. All of you need to join the guild and start paying me taxes so I can up grade to level 3 for just over 600k. . . .
Stranger

Albion Online

Post by Stranger »

Cool, we've got a guild island? I've got a house with 2 farm spots and some other structures that do nothing, mostly grow cabbage and potatoes, but without premium and focus points housing kinda sucks.

I never even messed with the laborors so i'll need to check into that. Is that for your personal island, guild island or both?

now that we have a guild just make sure you make a guild chat window and check that shit every so often. I don't think Cake ever see's the messages i send him. :lol:
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:33 am But anyway, for your journals, just carry them while mining. Carry a few. When they are full (won't take long at our levels), hand them off to your laborers. 22 hours later, they return with materials and they should level up to level 3 (according to YouTube). So make sure you have T3 beds, tables, and trophies ready.
I went ahead and bought T5 everything for the house. But I may not have enough trophies, as a I only have one.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Filling journals takes longer than I thought it would. Thought I could do it while I got my daily reward this morning. Filled 1.5 books out of the 3. Still unclear on why there are different books, but I'll read more.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:33 am At Tier 5, everything, I'm told (via YouTuge) that a personal Island can generate 250k silver a day.
Not terrible, but feels like it should be more.
Stranger

Albion Online

Post by Stranger »

I've got to do some research on this too. When you say you bought T5 everything for the house what are you talking about?
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:16 am I've got to do some research on this too. When you say you bought T5 everything for the house what are you talking about?
beds and table and house. And 1 trophy. I just followed the steam guide I posted earlier
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

The house guide I followed said there are two trophy types. General (applies to any type of laborer) and a laborer specific. You can't stack trophy benefits. So, having 2 x 2T Trophies gives happiness of one trophy. Having a T2 and a T3 trophy gives happiness of both. So you need T2-T5 of each trophy for max happiness. My island and hall are level 2 which allowed me to play up to T3 items (beds and trophies).

I sent invites to everyone for the guild, but I don't think they went because you weren't online. . . So apply to "The Knights of Vindication". Already accepted BillTheCatt.

For the guild island - There are no farm plots (which it turns out really hampers income because they make more than laborers), but should still get at least 30k/day from laborers I think? That's for the hall. I might be able to do houses on all the other plots too which would give 3 more laborers per plot. At 2k per laborer. So it looks like the guild island really is for a large group of people to be able to use, and not really a big money maker. Which explains why it doesn't require premium to get. It's very expensive to build/upgrade and doesn't produce much. Total cost on the guild so far:

92k to start the guild
300K+ to get the island to level 2 (I'm guessing this is T3 since I can place/build T3 items)
I don't remember the cost of the materials to build/upgrade hall to T3. 100k - 200k ish?

I'll be buying a premium bundle with some gold to get a silver injection. After that, according to Youtube, I should be able to generate a passive income of enough to buy premium with silver.

Also, was looking at the journal costs vs silver returned. . . it was negative! 500 silver for the journal, 471 silver returned. ??? Turns out, when the laborer comes back, he also gives the empty journal back. So you only buy it once. Also, everyone says merc laborers are the worst as they have by far the lowest return. But if you don't want to gather or craft, then that's what you have to use. A low passive is better than no passive situation. I can hand out journals to the whole hunting party and they can fill them and hand back after the dungeon too. Assuming no one else has merc journals they are filling. I 'think' I read people saying buying full gather/craft journals off the market and redeeming them is better than merc laborers. I'll be looking into that.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:27 pm Having a T2 and a T3 trophy gives happiness of both. So you need T2-T5 of each trophy for max happiness. My island and hall are level 2 which allowed me to play up to T3 items (beds and trophies).
ok, so I need 3 more trophies.
Cakedaddy wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:27 pm So you only buy it once.
oooooo. I bought extras. Lol.
Cakedaddy wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:27 pm . So you only buy it once. Also, everyone says merc laborers are the worst as they have by far the lowest return. But if you don't want to gather or craft, then that's what you have to use. A low passive is better than no passive situation
Fair enough. I didn't read about return, but your merc journal was a lot easier to fill than my stone journal.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Do yall, uh, carry potions? I've yet to place one. I only started using fish when stranger gave me some :)
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

I have carried them, have not used them much. Had some poison to use in PvP, but I'm still just button mashing during combat, so didn't use them right, if at all. I have used worms and salad while fishing.

This whole laborer/jounal thing. SO hard to figure out what worth it.

Crafters, you burn a bunch of materials to craft stuff, thus filling the book. What's the value of all the crap you just churned out? What did it cost you?
Turn the book in, and get silver. That part is documented, and is the only part talked about. You get 20k per book in resources! But don't you just use those resources to churn out more shit to fill the next book? Or do you not need it all? Can you actually sell the stuff that's being mass produced by journal fillers? This just seems like a huge money laundering pyramid scheme.

Gatherers, this makes sense as you gather shit you can sell, fill the book that you can turn in for silver. There are no costs (other than tool repairs), all profit. But larger time investment filling all the journals.

Merc - Mob loot is silver, fill the book, turn in for silver. Only cost is equipment repair. Journals fill up quick (at the levels I'm looking at).
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

Stranger wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:07 am laborors so i'll need to check into that. Is that for your personal island, guild island or both?
Both. I've heard guild islands are best for laborers because you can have so many more, but you hear a lot of conflicting info, so. . . either makes money though.
Stranger wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:07 am make sure you make a guild chat window and check that shit every so often. I don't think Cake ever see's the messages i send him.
I have turned off a bunch of the world chat so it's not full of shit that I ignore and miss the very rare message I care about. Also, I'm in discord all the time which is way better than in game chat, even if you just use it's chat function.
https://discord.gg/Ug6RHFyc
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Wheat seeds: 4567 * 9 = 41k out of pocket;

Got 14 seeds (64k) + 88 wheat, 31k. Which is like the same price as carrots? Wtf?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

I swear I gave my 3 laborers one of each journal. I got: 1 trophy; 1 person leveled up, and 3 empty books. i swear i saw no resources. dunno, sent them back out
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Expanded my island to 4/6; 3 farm plots. more carrots.
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

Now I know why you were complaining about the guild tax. You over bought your house. . .

I did take the guild tax to zero though. Last thing I need is for you all to start demanding/expecting services. The guild will miss the 57 silver per dungeon run it was getting from our members.

We'll worry about taxes and service when we actually start doing guild stuff that costs money. For now, I'm just using the island for random house stuff. Having the bank there is cool though. Don't have to fight the crowd in Lymhurst.

Oh sweet. I actually tracks taxes paid. I paid 2323, BillTheCatt paid 1847, Jemma and Holli paid just over 500. My alt DukeNewton didn't pay any. But he did donate 15131.

We are gaining Gathering Fame. Bill has 3627 and Jemma has 162. I'm assuming that's not a tax as I've seen nothing about setting that.

Oooh. PvE Fame - I have 152k, everyone else has about 50k.

Construction contribution is only 10800. No idea what that is. I spent WAY more than that on building stuff.
Stranger

Albion Online

Post by Stranger »

Been a busy week and i haven't been able to play much. I'll join the guild tonight after i get home tonight.

So how is everyone doing as far as gear? What tier gear is everyone wearing now? You guys might be beyond me by this point. You guys doing any red or black zones yet?
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:24 pm You over bought your house. . .
Figured I'd just get better on the Farming.
Stranger wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:22 am What tier gear is everyone wearing now? You guys might be beyond me by this point.
Lol.

I'm using T5 gear for PvE. with T4 gear for gathering, since that's all I can do.
Stranger

Albion Online

Post by Stranger »

T5 is good, pretty much what im running around in and a T5 with two levels of enchants has the same IP as a baseline T7.

I can T7 swords, plate boots, leather vest, cloth helm. But i've been leveling the frost staff with all cloth gear lately and been having fun playing with that.

Have you been staying with all plate gear and twohanded sword?
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:34 am Have you been staying with all plate gear and twohanded sword?
Yes.

I've been trying to get all my gathering stuff up to T4, just skinning + picking left.

Also, realized I didn't give my workers enough time to be "happy" before I sent them out. So I let them stew in the greatness of my island, and sent them out this morning.