NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Stranger wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:14 pm Baker is an abomination..
I wouldn't say that, but his height issue is on full display tonight.
Stranger wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:20 pm ...And coach keeps calling pass plays..
Is he trying to get fired? I really do not understand his philosophy. It's like heading into a war zone with a rocket launcher and an M-60, but deciding to use the swiss army knife instead.

Who threw the shoe? Also, who was it that threw the shoe that cost his team the game in college? Was it a Miami player? SEC team?

I'm watching the Manning cast. Cowher *cough* was on and a pretty good interview. Goodell was on and it sucked. Just an ass kissing fest while they ignored the game.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:52 pm Leisher wrote: ↑02 Jan 2022 17:22
WTFers need to fix that stadium.
At first I thought you meant the large # of Eagles fans (which I blame the NFL for, creating the Panthers and allowing the Browns to move to Baltimore, much less current ownership), but damn. never seen that before.
WTFers claim they rendered aid. The fallen fans claim otherwise.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:14 pm Baker is an abomination.. Too bad, cause the defense has played really well this year.
Ooof.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:29 pm Who threw the shoe?
#90, iirc
Leisher wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:29 pm Was it a Miami player? SEC team?
SEC - Florida, dunno who.

- edit - found the video
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:29 pm Is he trying to get fired?
Maybe coach is playing against Chubb in fantasy?? It IS championship week..
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Stranger wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:19 pm
Leisher wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:29 pm Is he trying to get fired?
Maybe coach is playing against Chubb in fantasy?? It IS championship week..
It would be hilarious if something like that came out.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Snoop revealing the Patriots had hired him for the celebration thinking they would easily win the Super Bowl is pretty awesome.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Now serious question for you Stranger, what do the Browns do with Baker after the season? Is it being discussed? Do they franchise him considering his injuries this year? Do they move on and try to sign a vet?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:26 pm Now serious question for you Stranger, what do the Browns do with Baker after the season? Is it being discussed? Do they franchise him considering his injuries this year? Do they move on and try to sign a vet?
What's the market on Baker? Washington + the Panthers want to go young (I think). Houston? Denver? Detroit? NYG? Why bother with Baker unless he's cheap, cuz $28,583,000 (2022 QB franchise tag) aint cheap.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Browns picked up his 5th year option so he's under contract for $18M next season. Doesn't mean he'll definitely be back, he's still cheap by starter standards. Although i think he will be because you can't replace him unless you have a replacement. This is an exhausting conversation right now, i could go on and on about this one.

All i'll say is. It sure looks like Cleveland is making sure they know what they have (or don't have) in Baker before giving him a contract. And thats the conspiracy theorist for why the playcalling has been the way its been.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Stranger might enjoy this one, and honestly, I think it's true of ALL fan bases:
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Good Riddance Ben. I've been waiting for this for a looooong time.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Stranger wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:47 pm Good Riddance Ben. I've been waiting for this for a looooong time.
To be fair, the Browns organization did absolutely nothing during his 17 years to show HE was the obstacle between the Browns and success. In fact, they could have taken him in the draft, but took Kellen Winslow Jr instead.

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

The most depressing NFL name news ever!

...unless they're staying pat!

Baker is having surgery and might sit the finale.
Mayfield also didn't rule out sitting for Cleveland's final game on Sunday against the visiting Cincinnati Bengals, but he said he would be conferring with his agent and family before making that decision.
Might want to ask the team too. What a leader.

Mayfield was historically bad last night:
Mayfield was sacked nine times by the Steelers, who also intercepted him twice. At one point in the first half, Mayfield failed to complete a pass on 10 consecutive throws, the NFL's longest incompletion streak since 2019, according to ESPN Stats & Information research.

Mayfield also became the league's first quarterback since 2017 to be sacked at least five times and have five passes batted down at the line of scrimmage in the same game.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

If you want QB play like that, save yourself $25M and get Heinicke.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

If, by some miracle, the Jaguars beat the Colts we could get the most unique game in NFL history that night.

Chargers and Raiders would actually have incentive to play for a tie.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:50 pm If, by some miracle, the Jaguars beat the Colts we could get the most unique game in NFL history that night.

Chargers and Raiders would actually have incentive to play for a tie.
That would be awesome.

At least the Browns get an easier schedule next year: NFC South, all AFC 4th place teams, and the Giants (4th place NFC East). Sure, the AFC East could be tough.

I think this also means the WTFers and Steelers will play each other next year.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Best coach in the NFL sets records for most consecutive non-losing seasons. Beats out Marty Schottenheimer
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

I really respect Hurts for that letter.

This is an absolutely unacceptable incident. Fans are always pushing on those railings across the league. Meanwhile, players are always walking up to them to greet fans. They should be reinforced and inspected frequently.

Team reps can no longer ask players about their moms being whores.