NFL

Hey look a dedicated forum for sports stuff, sanctioned by the President of Sports.  Hail Shiva.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Ravens just had a 99 yard drive that took over 10 minutes. The Steelers have run 6 offensive plays total so far in the game with 8 minutes left in the 2nd quarter.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

WTFers keep WTFing
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Kittle and Gibson having monster days have pushed me into the lead. I need to withstand the Broncos D and Butker tonight. Currently the top scoring team.

Steelers pulled off the win. Team seems to really be playing for Ben. The D showed up in a big way today.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:49 pm Kittle and Gibson having monster days have pushed me into the lead. I need to withstand the Broncos D and Butker tonight. Currently the top scoring team.

Steelers pulled off the win. Team seems to really be playing for Ben. The D showed up in a big way today.
I'm beating Malcolm by 30 points. He has Bourne + j Jackson (CB) tomorrow night, I have T. Bass, so should be in good shape.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:54 pm
Leisher wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:49 pm Kittle and Gibson having monster days have pushed me into the lead. I need to withstand the Broncos D and Butker tonight. Currently the top scoring team.

I'm beating Malcolm by 30 points. He has Bourne + j Jackson (CB) tomorrow night, I have T. Bass, so should be in good shape.
Hope you win. I have T. Bass too!

BB is going to retire and if the Steelers don't get Rodgers or Wilson, then I want Gardner Minshew.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:54 am then I want Gardner Minshew.
He's got at least 3 great games in him per year.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Guy's fun to watch. Mason Rudolph is not.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:07 am Guy's fun to watch. Mason Rudolph is not.
Fair.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

This is a wild game. That wind has changed everything.

Mac Jones has thrown 1 pass and it was only completed thanks to a miracle catch by his RB. We're in the 4th quarter!!! Imagine coming into this game and you just needed Mac Jones to get you 10 points or something.

Meanwhile, Buffalo's run D is getting exposed.

Giants are hurting at QB.

Kenyan Drake wants even more tackling rules.

I get what he's saying, but come on. We're asking way, way too much of 300 pound defenders in a game that's played in seconds.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Mac Jones went 2 of 3 for 19 yards and won the game.

Meanwhile, I won an underdog parlay. I took the WTFers and Patriots to win. Bill Simmons recommended that one on Fanduel and I took it.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:13 pm Mac Jones went 2 of 3 for 19 yards and won the game.

Meanwhile, I won an underdog parlay. I took the WTFers and Patriots to win. Bill Simmons recommended that one on Fanduel and I took it.
That wind was crazy. Malcolm's WR scored 0.3 points :)
Leisher wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:13 pm I took the WTFers and Patriots to win. Bill Simmons recommended that one on Fanduel and I took it.
Live dangerously.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Well, I beat Malcolm handily. Next week, I play the #1 team, and between byes + injuries, I'll be starting a JV team of Hawaii transfers.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Is it a throwaway week though? Our playoffs start next week.
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:17 am Is it a throwaway week though? Our playoffs start next week.
This is our final week.

I can't be 1st or 2nd (first round bye), and will either be 3rd or 4th... so it doesn't really matter.
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

Our final week too.

I play Stranger (we are tied for the current longest winning streak at 3) and one of my best WRs, Theilen is going to be out. I've already won the division, but I think I could move to 2nd and get a bye with a win and the #2 guy losing (I beat him head to head so I have the tiebreaker). Other than that, it's a meaningless game. Well, not totally as every loss costs us $10. Thus, Stranger playing to go to 7-7 means he's also playing to not owe any money.

Stranger has a 7% chance for the playoffs, but I don't know what else he needs to happen.
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:49 am Stranger has a 7% chance for the playoffs, but I don't know what else he needs to happen.
I actually went from a 20% chance last week to a 7% chance this week even after winning. Problem is all the teams i needed to lose in front of me won too, so that pretty much did me in.

I'm just hoping to save $10 but without my workhorse Jonathan Taylor, i'm done for. Good luck in the playoffs buddy!
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

I didn't know Taylor was out. I don't think I'll get the same week from Kittle though...
Stranger

NFL

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:09 pm I didn't know Taylor was out.
He's not hurt, the Colts are on a bye. And now that i'm looking at my roster the Patriots are also on a bye, so i've got no RB's to start! GG brutha, i don't stand a chance.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

NFL

Post by Leisher »

That's when you'll win. I fully expect you to talk smack to me about it too!

Did you see I beat the Goldsmith brothers when I accidentally left Fields in at QB despite him being out hurt?
TheCatt
Site Admin

NFL

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:00 pm 5’7” RB signs with WTFers as a UFA: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/313 ... hase-young

!RmindMe 12/31/2021
106 yards, 33 carries... so he's played, but barely.