Sex Scandals

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Shit, I'll bet that nearly every accusation is true.

Doesn't mean that it wasn't two consenting adults negotiating a contract.
Then an accusation of rape wouldn't be true. Despite what some insane people may believe you can't take back consent.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by GORDON »

I'm talking about these "casting couch" situations, that weren't actually forcible rape.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Vince

Harvey Weinstein

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote: The amazing thing to me is always the # of people who never said anything. So far I think we're up to 9 people who never said anything about Spacey, just from this show + the guy who started it all.
With Netflix there was at least one person with a different director that said something the the folks at Netflix and she was told they would look into it a couple of years ago, but suddenly fired the director after the Weinstein accusations. I think it was the daughter of the guy that wrote the Highcastle books. I'm starting to get that vibe from some of the people that Spacey harassed. I think they said something within the system, but never went public. But I'm sure what you said elsewhere came into play. They probably didn't feel like the "key grip" could get a reporter to listen.

I suspect Netflix is about to get hit with a substantial lawsuit, and probably rightfully so. My suspicion is that people at Netflix had already fielded complaints about Spacey. A lot of complaints. I think that's why everything happened so fast with the series being dropped, then production suspended and then all future projects with Spacey cancelled.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by Leisher »

In a world that's more connected than ever, it makes no sense that someone can't report something.

People can make false reports like crazy, but we're supposed to believe real ones can't get out?

I'm not victim blaming at all, but damn, defend yourself. Even through anonymous sources.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

Harvey Weinstein

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: People can make false reports like crazy, but we're supposed to believe real ones can't get out?
Keep in mind the type of false reports that grow legs though. The lesbian waitress that got no tip but a written note about her sinful life gets an eager ear and reporter ready to lead the charge for their cause. I think it's a lot harder to go after the rich and powerful in Hollywood, mostly because most journalists see them as "one of us". I'm hoping moving forward there will be less effort to shield these predators.

But overall I'm with you on the "defend yourself" notion.
thibodeaux

Harvey Weinstein

Post by thibodeaux »

Burn Hollywood Burn
Leisher
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by Leisher »

thibodeaux

Harvey Weinstein

Post by thibodeaux »

Phrasing, boom!

We're still doing that, right?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by TheCatt »

The alleged assault took place in July 2016, said Unruh, who spoke during a press conference about the incident. She said Spacey sexually assaulted her son in 2016 when he was 18 years old.
Unruh also claims to have consulted with the local sheriff, who urged her to file a report at the time.
She said during the press conference that her son filed a police report last week with the Nantucket Police. The department chief would not confirm to CNN if a report has been filed. The district attorney's office, however, confirmed that they are looking into the alleged incident, and that it is related to Spacey.
COME ON PEOPLE
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by Leisher »

In today's accusations...

Charlie Sheen is the one being accused of sexually assaulting Corey Haim.

Portia de Rossi, Ellen's smoking hot wife, says Seagal tried to give her the casting couch treatment.

A third accuser calls out Jeremy Piven.

Two of those people's careers are already pretty much over, but Piven just had a new show start on CBS. I'm guessing it'll need to be a ratings juggernaut for CBS to renew it amid these accusations.
Vince

Harvey Weinstein

Post by Vince »

Leisher
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by Leisher »

I promise you there are still some massive sex related scandals going on in Hollywood that haven't broken yet.

Also, how hypocritical does Hollywood look with Spacey right now? They're all shunning him, but they gave a fucking convicted pedophile a standing ovation and an award at the Oscars a few years ago. (Polanski)
TheCatt
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Also, how hypocritical does Hollywood look with Spacey right now? They're all shunning him, but they gave a fucking convicted pedophile a standing ovation and an award at the Oscars a few years ago. (Polanski)
Right?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by TheCatt »

I think now's my time to break into Hollywood.

Producer: You have no credits whatsoever, and your headshot is just a selfie?
Me: I've never molested anyone.
Producer: You're hired.
Leisher
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by TheCatt »

This feels relevant.

TheCatt
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by Leisher »

Holy shit! Is Amy Schumer being funny? Did Louis CK write that tweet for her?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Holy shit! Is Amy Schumer being funny? Did Louis CK write that tweet for her?
I'm 99.9% sure it's a Fake Twitter generator

Oh wait, there was a watermark on it: tweeterino.com
TheCatt
Site Admin

Harvey Weinstein

Post by TheCatt »