16-Color Movie Contest III

Comment threads from front page posts.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

This is submission cut-off!

I apologize for the tardiness, especially to DD, but I'm just too tired tonight to close out this contest. Not much sleep last night. Babies suck.

I will make it a priority to close it out tomorrow.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Ok, here we go:

1 My Cousin Vinnie - When the fishes out of the water of New York City go to Ala-f'n-Bama, they stop in at a restaurant with menus like that. They learn about grits.

2 Blazing Saddles - The two dazzling urbanites are sent down-track to look for quicksand... and find the track had been laid right into the quicksand. That picture is an angle never seen in the movie, but it's the two fellows neck-deep in the quicksand.

3 Dodgeball. - I was surprised that nobody got this. Near the end of the tournament there is the sudden-death match... and the dodgeballs for that are silver, with a skull and crossbones.

4 The Cutting Edge - Toepick! was the most important aspect of that shot. If there's another movie with that scenario, post a pic and I'll give credit.

5 The Postman. - All members of the Holness Army had a figure-8 branded into their shoulders.

6 Beastmaster - Dude had a ring which unknown to him revealed his location to the bad guy, Patches O'Hoolihan.

7 12 Monkeys - Near the end of the film Brad Pitt's charcater, who is always flipping someone off, is seen on TV.

8 Slingblade - "What are those books?" "Different ones. One of them's the Bible, another is a book on Christmas."

9 Fried Green Tomatoes - The boy-hungry train took the arm of Ruth's son, but Idgie helped him stay happy by teaching him to play baseball, one-handed.

10 Club Dread - The live-action Pac-Man game.

11 LotR - A gimmie.

12 Napoleon Dynamite - The harmless election pinata party that got Pedro in trouble.

By my reckoning, that makes the winner <span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>Dictionary Dave,</span> with 9 correct, which is the best showing I received publically or privately.

Congrats, Double-D. You get to be world champeen until the next contest, probably in January.

Edited By GORDON on 1129137584
Paul

Post by Paul »

9 Fried Green Tomatoes - The boy-hungry train took the arm of Ruth's son, but Idgie helped him stay happy by teaching him to play baseball, one-handed.
A Winner Never Quits also has a guy missing his right arm who plays baseball.

As for #5, I thought the outfit looked like slave garb, and assumed the 8 (or infinity) was his slave tattoo.

For the record, I haven't seen 3, 5, 9, 10 or 12.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

A Winner Never Quits also has a guy missing his right arm who plays baseball.
1. Never heard of it, so it must be gay.

2. DD still wins, as that was his guess.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

I still maintain that toepick thing ain't enough to distinguish that craptacular film.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

There's an entire 2-minute scene where they're singing "Toepick!" at the hockey player.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Other films got fucks w\ toepicks playing hockey.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."