Gotham

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TV Series

A prequel to Batman. Yes, no Bat.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
WSGrundy

Post by WSGrundy »

Funny how another hype show can change things. I was just reading an article a few weeks back on how Gotham City PD was a long shot. Then S.H.I.E.L.D. comes out and they change their tune.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I was thinking the same thing. They sure are trying to play "me too" against Marvel.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
WSGrundy

Post by WSGrundy »

Looks like it might be a smallville clone.

The whole gotham community is together as teens and a new telling of how they became who they are.

The picture on the webpage isn't the show. Thats from a failed animated bruce wayne high school show.

You can't have a teenage harvey dent get acid thrown in his face so whats it going to be a birth mark? Mr Freeze just going to be the weird foreign kid from Siberia?

Edited By WSGrundy on 1389678502
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Unlike Marvel, DC's recent and current TV properties are not canon.

When I say canon, I mean for their "live action" universe, not the comics universe.

Also, I saw this described as "Batman - The High School Years". I'm out.

Edited By Leisher on 1389724299
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
WSGrundy

Post by WSGrundy »

This might actually be good. Catwoman/catgirl seemed a bit young but I am not automatically thinking it will be shit like I did when I first heard about it.

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/0d1zpt6k5OI?hl=en_US& ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/0d1zpt6k5OI?hl=en_US&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Edited By WSGrundy on 1399364778
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Not yet sold.

I also had no interest in watching Smallville, because it looked like Dawson's Creek cept with superboy. so.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote:Not yet sold.

I also had no interest in watching Smallville, because it looked like Dawson's Creek cept with superboy. so.
Ditto.

I went into that trailer thinking about Smallville, Arrow, and what Flash is going to be, and expected more teen angst featuring superheroes.

The first half of the trailer had me thinking I was wrong, and maybe this show looks pretty awesome.

Then the kid versions of Batman, Catwoman, Riddler, and Penguin showed up...
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I like when Robot Chicken mocks these shows. "No problems in our lives will ever be as important as the ones we faced here in high school."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Vince

Re: Gotham

Post by Vince »

Funny... didn't end up being a Netflix exclusive.

At any rate, the series has had its moments. To me mostly it was best when it was just telling a cop story. Often when bringing in the Batman stuff, it seems like they are trying too hard.

Last weeks episode has a gay romance sparking between Penguin and Riddler. I don't mind gay characters, but I have no interest in watching a gay romance story. We're out.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren