Gary Numan

Audio Tawk
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Yes, that one. Came into town last night. Except for 2-3 songs, it sounded strangely like NIN.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Cars was really aberrant in terms of his style. As I understand it, his work was an influence on NiN.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Vince

Post by Vince »

Years active 1977–present

I think this surprised me more than anything. Uncommon for a "one hit wonder".
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Shit, man, even Bryan Adams still tours. Aside from their ever-rotating guitar position, the Red Hot Chili Peppers still tour and make albums. Rarely does a musician retire from or stop producing music. I'll grant bands might break up left and right every day, but individual artists tend to keep going. Even when bands breakup, it's common to reform and bring in session/touring replacements for any member that doesn't play ball. But then they go find new bands anyway.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Vince

Post by Vince »

Bryan Adams and The Red Hot Chilli Peppers had multiple hits, so it's not so surprising they still tour. Other than "Cars", I didn't know of anything Numan did. Which isn't always an indication of a lot. I know the keyboard player from Type-o negative (I'm pretty sure that was the member) is a paramedic now. I'm wanting to say one of the guys from Men At Work ended up in business or banking or something.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

The current singer in Iced Earth is a cop, iirc.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."