Mechwarrior Online - F2P

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I'm 319th in my faction, and climbing. I think I can win this. Not.

I'm getting better at making money. Survive till the end, tag every enemy mech. I don't score many kills, but I'm getting about 100k bills every game.

I'm running with machine guns now. I can spray everywhere. Friendly fire isn't an issue because I do so little damage. But, I hit more enemies giving me the assist bonuses. Lots of savior bills too.

Edited By Cakedaddy on 1395531669
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Where do you get your ranking?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

The link that Stranger posted. You will show up at the bottom of your faction list. Well, unless you are actually in the top 10.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I'm at 1267 points. Where are you guys?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I have no idea. I've played about 20 matches, and I'm not showing up in the rankings. (Yes, I'm logged into the site...)

The site says I'm opted into the tournament.

I emailed their support team.

In different news, I've decided that I need to polish the builds on my mechs, and then work on buying an Assault. That will give me one of each.

Also, I might be buying MC soon as one of my kids likes watching me play and wants me to get the hula girl item.

Edited By Leisher on 1395603184
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Make your faction win the tournament and get a free one!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Ha! If the faction tournament was working for me I would! As is, I'm crossing my fingers that they'll give me credit for the tournament when they see my support request on Monday.

Still, I've made a lot of cash this weekend, and had some awesome games.

I went all in on my Jenner too. Dropped $7,000,000 outfitting it to where it needs to be for me to be competitive.

Since then, holy shit does this mech kick ass. Love it!
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I'm glad this tournament is over soon. It was a really good idea to make a tournament where playing with your friends was discouraged.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I thought the same thing. I mean, I get what they're doing because it helps to avoid abuse, but it's not like the prizes are gigantic.

Still, for only a single weekend, particularly one where something else was going on that probably affected their numbers, I'm ok with it.
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Looks like the House Steiner wins!! But no thanks to me, i did barely get my 10 games in this weekend and ended up with 1200 points in my faction. I did get my cockpit item for playing the 10 games and i will either get some dogtags or a house banner cockpit item, nothing much really. But hey, i'm a winner right?!

If you haven't checked out the second half of the podcast with Russ Bullock you should check it out, he talkes about when they are trying to get Community Warfare up and running. He also says something about one of the upcoming weekend events to be a lance based competition. Sounds fun, but we don't even have a full lance.

**oh yeah, here's the link to the podcast**

http://www.nogutsnogalaxy.net/podcasts.php

Edited By Stranger on 1395667900
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I'll grab the dog tags too, unless the hulu girl is available. That's IF they figure out why I was opted in, but didn't seem to be showing up.
Sounds fun, but we don't even have a full lance.

Yeah, we're one man shy of a lance.
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote:I'll grab the dog tags too, unless the hulu girl is available. That's IF they figure out why I was opted in, but didn't seem to be showing up.
Sounds fun, but we don't even have a full lance.
Yeah, we're one man shy of a lance.
Did you get your cockpit item for playing those 10 games?

I'm guessing you didn't know what house you signed up for right now because of the problems you are having.

I'm not buying those dog tags or banner, that will be my reward for being in the winning faction.. also you can buy the hula girl at any time.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I logged in this morning, and didn't have anything. I assume I have to hope support figures it out.

By the way, on my second run with my Jenner last night, I believe I one hit a Raven. It was early in the match, and he was behind our lines. I spotted and and got behind him. He had no visible damage, and I did an alpha strike with all 6 MLas right into his back, and down he went. Considering light mechs run with very little rear armor, is it possible I did one hit him, or do you think he was softened up a bit?

And what's with the new heat sink slots in the XL engines?

Edited By Leisher on 1395679598
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Hey look at your Steam friend list and see what game I am playing then tell me how awesome I am.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

GORDON wrote:Hey look at your Steam friend list and see what game I am playing then tell me how awesome I am.

You got Goat Simulator?

EDIT: Wait, I forgot that it's G. Probably Goatse Simulator.

Edited By Malcolm on 1395709341
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

you are
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Gordo had a good night tonight. Not sure if he liked running with the Cataphract or the Stalker more? He got more kills than I did most matches we played!

Until I got my Jenner out :D
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote:is it possible I did one hit him, or do you think he was softened up a bit?

And what's with the new heat sink slots in the XL engines?

If when you spotted him and he had no yellow parts on him, then yes, you prolly did one shot him. Cause if you take even one point of damage to any component it will show that as yellow.

And the heat sink slots are there to add additional heat sinks while using only the slots in the engine instead of the 3 slots it usually takes up when you put them elsewhere. If you are gonna add heat sinks to any mech add them here first.

The way they are set up, the larger the engine the more slots will be available. I believe it starts with the 275 having one additional slot and every 25 more will add one additional slot.

So it would go as follows:

275= 1 additional heat sink slots
300= 2 slots
325= 3 slots
350= 4 slots
375= 5 slots
400= 6 slots

Happy to see Gordo picked up the game again. Hopefully he sticks with it and we've got a lance! Next we will have to find out what style he wants to play and what weight class he likes most. Figure this out before you spend that large cadet bonus, because there are some mechs that are pretty shitty right now.

Edited By Stranger on 1395746690
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote:Gordo had a good night tonight. Not sure if he liked running with the Cataphract or the Stalker more? He got more kills than I did most matches we played!

Until I got my Jenner out :D
So far I am liking the long range stuff, hanging back, trying to watch the big picture, and making it rain on whatever red dots are near my lance.

As of right now if I were building a mech, it would be 75% LRM, something to take out the scouts when they start circle strafing me, and some sort of long range radar package so I can get a better view of the battlefield. Maybe whatever that thing is that keeps peeps from locking onto you.
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

So you would most likely be a fan of the 65 Ton heavy Catapult or the 85 Ton assault Stalker. Both of these carry the most missle hardpoints and can do the LRM missle boat better than any other. The Catapult is a little more mobile and can use jump jets, I'd recommend the CPLT-C4 for a starter here. It has 4 missle hard points and 2 energy hard points. You could put plenty or LRM's on it and a couple medium lasers for when anything gets close to you.

For the Stalker, they have one as the trial mech right now which it sounds like you got to use. These are notorius slow mechs because they can only fit a 310 engine in it for max size. And the torso twist is really slow making them lights a huge pain in the ass. But they can take alot of punishment and all of them have 8-10 hard points so you can load a ton of damage on these things. There are plenty of stalkers to choose from but none of them except the Hero mech can carry any ballistics.

The Catapult will run you about 5-6 million a piece, while the Stalker will be about 7-8 million a piece. Then you've gotta put the endo-steel structure, double heat sinks and artemis targeting if you're gonna be playing with LRM's. Plus all the weapons you want and possibly an XL engine. So a 5 million c-bill mech will easily cost close to 8 million, if you decide on an XL engine add another 4-5 million.

Edited By Stranger on 1395752610
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!