Mechwarrior Online - F2P

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Achievements coming in next patch.

Throw in the looming match making improvements, and the "soon" persistent world, and we might have a nice time killer on our hands.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

This is a video explaining the clan war stuff that's coming (the persistent world stuff). People are pre-ordering their "next wave" mechs now, and according to their site, they're saying you'll receive your mechs by June 17th. Purchase is not mandatory for the persistent world, but the date is an important note because these new mechs are supposedly for the new world stuff...

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/Jpwbt47M6Yw?version=3 ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/Jpwbt47M6Yw?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Good place for MWO podcasts and content.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

http://mwomercs.com/forums....1pm-pdt

New patch notes.

-New achievement system is in place. Notes don't say exactly what they are so ill be interested to see what they are.

-looks like the buff to LRM's could be a pain in the ass, ecm and taking cover will be more important now. Good thing is they buffed the AMS system so if you are running with one it should help. I expect alot more people to be using them now.

-Banshee (assault) and Wolverine (medium) are now available for c-bills.

-Highlander and Victor nerfs! good thing, cause i've seen way to many of these mechs out there.

And there are a few other things in there too. I'll be on tonight to check these changes out.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I'll try to be on tonight too.

Anywhere from 9-11.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

The achievements are pretty awesome. They award XP, C-Bills, and Titles. Some are easy to get, some pretty damn tough either through impossible tasks or LONG term attrition.

Stranger and I both earned half a million in our second match tonight through achievements, so they do add up.

Also, they added a first win of the day bonus.

If you didn't watch the video, and at 27 minutes you probably didn't, what they're adding is a MASSIVE game changer. Basically, everything Cake wants is going in, and then some:

-Factions: There are 6 or you can lone wolf or merc with a group. Rewards will be given to you based on your faction. You will be able to go back and forth, and keep your progress in each.

-Contracts: There will be rewards for completing and punishments for failing. The contracts will be three different mission types, the most interesting of which is "bounty". These are strictly player dictated, and is exactly what it sounds like: Hire folks to kill a specific player.

-A persistent galaxy: 3000 planets. The best way to describe it is to say it's like Eve Online where factions will fight over territory. EVERY match will now mean something (except private matches - the equivalent of LoL's bot games).

-Bonuses for holding different planets, including what mechs are available in that faction's stores. Don't worry, you can still get the mech you want, but you might be paying black market prices, which are higher.

-Planetary Invasions: You come in, you assault it and if you win, you begin to garrison it. This will occur over several battles.

-Dropships: Load 4 of your mechs into a drop ship, and choose what you want to use based on the map.

-A metric fuckton of new mechs are coming by June 17th. That day is all over the website, and appears to be the day the new persistent galaxy is going live. (Stranger, can you confirm my info there?)

That's all I remember at the moment.

It's also becoming apparent that accounts, again like EVE, are going to be worth real world money. Have a bunch of mechs, achievements, titles, etc. and someone will be willing to pay for it.
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote:(Stranger, can you confirm my info there?)
Nobody can confirm when Community Warfare will be ready, not even PGI! But i would bet on them Clan Mechs being delivered by then.

I've read that Community Warefare will come in 3 phases. First was UI 2.0, second is the Launch Module at the end of April, and the third.. well im not quite sure what that is as of yet. But it looks like its getting closer and i'm getting excited for it.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I think June guess is solid based on their promised delivery of all the new faction mechs.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I will be on tonight.

I want to get that Trial achievement then perhaps do a few matches in my new Jenner...if I can decide which one I want to buy.
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

All the Jenners are pretty close to the same, some have a missle hardpoint or two in the torso and all the lasers are in the arms. I did a quick build in Smurfy's with JR7-F and came up with this build. It involves a little bit of a c-bill investment buying an XL-300 engine and all the other upgrades but you will be a fast little shit and 6 medium lasers are no laughing matter. As far as the engine, that is a good one to have, you can use it in lots of other mechs. I use it in my Shadowhawk and sometimes my Orion.

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab....5309331

Edited By Stranger on 1395341814
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

The only thing about the -f is that it doesn't have ECM.

Think that's a huge deal?
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

None of the Jenner's have ECM. Infact there are only 5 total mechs in the game that can carry ECMs. 1 variant of the Commando, Spider, Raven, Cicada and the Atlas. It is really nice to have but its not available on about 95% of all the mechs.

Edited By Stranger on 1395347147
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

You're right about the Jenner. I just looked, and I got it confused with a Raven I looked at that night.

Still not sure what I'll get.

How much is that XL300? The reason I'm willing to grab a light right now is:
1. I don't have a light mech.
2. There's achievements to be had.
3. I can get a Jenner for about $3 million. If the XL300 is another $5 million, I just went from spending 30% of my cash to 80%.
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Yeah, the XL-300 is 4.9M. They are expensive but that engine can go in just about every mech. Not sure what u are running in ur Cats but u might like them. But if I'm not mistaken didn't u buy an XL engine sometime back?

So far I've bought the XL-300 and 360, quite the c-bill drop but I like them more despite being able to die from a destroyed torso.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Actually I do have the XL280 or XL275 sitting in my inventory.
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

perfect! that will work just fine
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Did you guys join a faction yet for the 3/21-3/23 promo thing? You have to declare a faction, then join the challenge by 10am PDT on 3/21.

http://mwomercs.com/news/2014/03/805-faction-challenge

I joined the one with the dragon on the shield. No idea what the difference between factions is.

Based on what I read, you have to declare, then join the challenge. Once you are in, you can't change factions. Well, you can, but all of your scoring, etc during the challenge goes to the one you declared and joined with. That's because, the winning faction gets some prize. They don't want you changing mid tournament to try to get on the winning team. So Catt, this isn't for you. You have to play or win 10 games or something like that to qualify I think. Top scoring players win some other prizes too.

Games where you play solo are the only games that count towards the tournament too. So, I guess it doesn't matter if we are in the same faction. As far as top players, it's based on your best 10 games over the weekend. So, anyone can win. It's not a total points over the weekend thing. The winning faction is based on the top 50 players for each faction. Making sure you are in the most popular faction will help because there's a larger pool of players to pick the top 50 from. Well, it helps you ride the coattails trying to get the over all faction prize. But, it hurts you if you are actually trying to win top score in your faction prizes.

Edited By Cakedaddy on 1395389545
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Yep! make sure your signed up before 1pm EST. House of Steiner represent!!! Thats the one with the fist.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I'll be on both nights.

I have no idea what faction I'm in or if I'm actually in. I opted in at 1:15, and switched factions three times as I was researching and deciding. Plus I wanted to be in one you guys weren't. I think I'm either in the one cake's in or the one that starts with D.

Edited By Leisher on 1395423228
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

as of right now the House Steiner is in the lead!! Followed by Cake's House Rasalhague and Possibly Leisher's House Davion if he chose the "D" clan.

you can check your status here:

http://mwomercs.com/tournaments
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

FUCK!

Just had a game where I got 11 assists, did the second highest damage total, and had no kills!

I missed two very tough achievements by thismuch...

1. 12 assists in one match.
2. Do the most damage without any kills.

DOUBLE FUCK!

Two matches later, it happened again!

Edited By Leisher on 1395510529