Godzilla: Final Wars

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Godzilla fans only.

Consider this a bookend to the original Godzilla film. Lots of talk about man's evils and nukes.

Not to mention mutants, aliens, and a lot of monsters from Godzilla's other films.

The human parts of the story are right out of the Matrix complete with special ships, commanders, and "the one". Even with the same super fights.

The monster fights are too short, but Godzilla is still king shit.

Funniest part of the movie: A guy is about a mile away from Godzilla, but is eye to eye. The guy then pulls out a sword to defend himself. This is not played up as humor. That's why it's so damn funny.

Human parts: 1 out of 10.
Godzilla parts: 7 out of 10.

Total: 3 out of 10.

But seriously, if you don't like Godzilla, you have no business seeing this movie.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I was "Mystery Science Theater"ing my way through most of the movie.

"FUCK your head. And FUCK your other head!"

"PARALYZER! Aaaaand another PARALYZER!"

At the end when baby godzilla holds up its arms to protect the humans from big-godzilla... and big godzilla turns and walks away instead of attacking.... I'm pretty sure he was thinking, "This is so gay (Not that there's anything wrong with that) that I don't even want to smash you and get all that gay (Not that there's anything wrong with that) on me."

Stuff like that.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I need to kill that profanity filter for g-a-y.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I think of that as part of the gay (Not that there's anything wrong with that), local charm.
It's not me, it's someone else.
DictionaryDave

Post by DictionaryDave »

There is a gay (Not that there's anything wrong with that) filter? I never noticed any gay (Not that there's anything wrong with that) filter. :;):
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

GORDON wrote:I was "Mystery Science Theater"ing my way through most of the movie.

"FUCK your head. And FUCK your other head!"

"PARALYZER! Aaaaand another PARALYZER!"

At the end when baby godzilla holds up its arms to protect the humans from big-godzilla... and big godzilla turns and walks away instead of attacking.... I'm pretty sure he was thinking, "This is so gay (Not that there's anything wrong with that) that I don't even want to smash you and get all that gay (Not that there's anything wrong with that) on me."

Stuff like that.
I came looking to see if there was an original (Mathew Broderick) Godzilla thread, and I found this thread, and I have no memory of ever watching this movie, or ever making this post, and I have no idea what I am talking about in this post.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Has your family been over, doctoring your booze again?
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."